or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Has RLBL fallen out of favour with SF?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Has RLBL fallen out of favour with SF?

post #1 of 116
Thread Starter 
I've noticed recently that on the B&S, RLBL suits no longer move, and even then require some significant price drops. As well, very few people recommend them anymore, and I see instead a rise in PRL items. What happened?

Discuss.
post #2 of 116
not sure but I have a couple guesses...

1) price has gotten too high and there's less of a supply in stores
2) overall look of the line has fallen out of favor due to the strong shoulders of the last couple years.
post #3 of 116
RLBL is my favorite off the rack suit. Barely needs any alterations
post #4 of 116
I still like it. My only complaint is the patterns available. They are a little on the boring side.
post #5 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

RLBL is my favorite off the rack suit. Barely needs any alterations

+1 - They fit me like a 'Flesh Tuxedo' OTR - Cuffs and I am good to go.
post #6 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumercindo View Post

not sure but I have a couple guesses...
1) price has gotten too high and there's less of a supply in stores
2) overall look of the line has fallen out of favor due to the strong shoulders of the last couple years.

QFT. And their dress shirts fit really nice. RLPL fits baggy on the arms and body a bit (unless I get the tailored fit) but RLBL fits perfectly.
post #7 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluous View Post

I still like it. My only complaint is the patterns available. They are a little on the boring side.

Economy =[ Most retailers for the last couple years have gone super conservative. staples people always need and will buy, but cooler patterns may go unsold on the racks.
post #8 of 116
I find that RLBL shirts aren't that slim compared to some other slim fit brands.

For the suits, they are nice but the shoulders are a bit exagerrated. Also, the price of the suits on these forums has shot up as someone else mentioned compared to what they used to go for.
post #9 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthdragon View Post

+1 - They fit me like a 'Flesh Tuxedo' OTR - Cuffs and I am good to go.

sleeves for me because most are tagged Regular instead on Long.

when on sale, i dont hesitate to buy RLBL suits because its doesnt require another $100 for it be wearable

one quip I do have about RLBL, im having difficulty finding a solid colored charcoal or navy suit. everything seems to stripped
post #10 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

sleeves for me because most are tagged Regular instead on Long.
when on sale, i dont hesitate to buy RLBL suits because its doesnt require another $100 for it be wearable
one quip I do have about RLBL, im having difficulty finding a solid colored charcoal or navy suit. everything seems to stripped

NAMOR, you are too lucky. Im 5'6", and any place that sells any OTR jackets my size that aren't vintage ones from my dad and gradfather (Uniqlo, sadly) changes styles too often, and the pants are always cut baggy (im 120 pounds, so 'skinny' is normal, 'slim' is baggy sometimes). Not to mention the quality. I've seen RLBL on sale for under 300 even.

I suppose Theory fits me but it just looks like wrinkles whenever i try one on.
post #11 of 116
They lost me with the super-skinny, inadequate little lapels. But then, I think "Mad Men" blows and Tom Ford is my hero.
post #12 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post

I've noticed recently that on the B&S, RLBL suits no longer move, and even then require some significant price drops. As well, very few people recommend them anymore, and I see instead a rise in PRL items. What happened?
Discuss.


no. the prices increases for RLBL has been astronomical in B&S.

 

i got all mine at $400 and change and that was on the expensive side.

 

and, inventories are getting lean and RLBL are getting fairly popular in China, which means RL can dump them in China at twice the retail here.

post #13 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post

I've noticed recently that on the B&S, RLBL suits no longer move, and even then require some significant price drops. As well, very few people recommend them anymore, and I see instead a rise in PRL items. What happened?
Discuss.

The last RLBL suit I sold on B&S went in less than 24 hours at my asking price. It's going to depend on whether you're selling a staple suit in a solid colour such as navy or grey, or something less popular, for example single breasted peak lapel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumercindo View Post

not sure but I have a couple guesses...
1) price has gotten too high and there's less of a supply in stores

This
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

no. the prices increases for RLBL has been astronomical in B&S.
i got all mine at $400 and change and that was on the expensive side.
and, inventories are getting lean and RLBL are getting fairly popular in China, which means RL can dump them in China at twice the retail here.

A couple of years ago perhaps? The amazing deals of 2008/2009 aren't available anymore in my experience. RLBL at outlet costs much more than $400 these days, then there's PayPal fees and shipping on top.
post #14 of 116
NAMOR, I am with you on the fit. For me, hem the trousers and go. I love it.
Superfluous, RLBL can be made with RLPL fabrics. I was told this by the SA during the made-to-measure event.
post #15 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzAzul View Post

Tom Ford is my hero.

inlove.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Has RLBL fallen out of favour with SF?