or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › He got fired because he was better dressed than the Boss?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

He got fired because he was better dressed than the Boss? - Page 5

post #61 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4lnamja View Post

IF this indeed is a real situation then your friend has a law suit on his hands. This is discrimination although an unusual one. I'm serious.

Since when is expensively dressed a protected class?
post #62 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by sns23 View Post

Since when is expensively dressed a protected class?

Well, apparently it's a suspect class.
post #63 of 160
thats why he may have a unemployment case. Since he violated no rules in the handbook, supposedly. This all varies from state to state and since he is seeking another job its really just a waste of time to discuss this so im done here.

unless more humerus old timmy videos are posted.
post #64 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by sns23 View Post

Since when is expensively dressed a protected class?

This has been true since we took over many years ago.
post #65 of 160
Files law suit. Appears in court at 9am... in formal morning dress. Judge laughs and holds him in contempt for being dressed too nicely. Man dies in prison.
post #66 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by sns23 View Post


Since when is expensively dressed a protected class?



Don't get bogged down in the actual statutes or case law.  An injustice has been done to OP's friend and we will make new law to protect the arrogant who thumb their noses at their bosses' requests to dress appropriately.  Attorney contact information has already been pm'd and my associates are currently working on drafting a complaint and a motion for a temporary restraining order.  This is big!

 

post #67 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Employee (over)dresses better than boss
Boss is mistaken as being the employees subordinate
^occurs on multiple occasions thus creating a pattern of behavior
Employee is asked to correct his behavior
Employee doesnt change
Employee is fired. It's not about the suit. He was asked me make a reasonable change and ignored it. Good riddance

Again, assuming that this is a serious thread, and that the OP has provided all relevant details, I can see your summary as being reasonable. However, the account the OP provides raises significant questions: Why did the supervisor not deal with the employee by "stepping up his game" in his clothing, rather than punishing the employee? If the employer could not have afforded more upscale clothes, does that raise a possible issue of the terminated employee's having job skill(s) which the supervisor did not have? Does the supervisor's termination of the employee, which (on the basis of what we are told) seems to have been counterproductive for the company, raise possible questions about the supervisor's management abilities and priorities?
post #68 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post




Don't get bogged down in the actual statutes or case law.  An injustice has been done to OP's friend and we will make new law to protect the arrogant who thumb their noses at their bosses' requests to dress appropriately.  Attorney contact information has already been pm'd and my associates are currently working on drafting a complaint and a motion for a temporary restraining order.  This is big!

May justice prevail!
post #69 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnvw View Post

May justice prevail!

You get as much justice as you can afford. Assuming his counsel accepts Saville Row garments as payment, I think this is an open and shut case.
post #70 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon View Post

thats why he may have a unemployment case. Since he violated no rules in the handbook, supposedly. This all varies from state to state and since he is seeking another job its really just a waste of time to discuss this so im done here.
unless more humerus old timmy videos are posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnvw View Post

Again, assuming that this is a serious thread, and that the OP has provided all relevant details, I can see your summary as being reasonable. However, the account the OP provides raises significant questions: Why did the supervisor not deal with the employee by "stepping up his game" in his clothing, rather than punishing the employee? If the employer could not have afforded more upscale clothes, does that raise a possible issue of the terminated employee's having job skill(s) which the supervisor did not have? Does the supervisor's termination of the employee, which (on the basis of what we are told) seems to have been counterproductive for the company, raise possible questions about the supervisor's management abilities and priorities?

Excuse me while i lol
post #71 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post


You get as much justice as you can afford. Assuming his counsel accepts Saville Row garments as payment, I think this is an open and shut case.


The agreed upon fee is 50% of the TV/movie rights.  If he murders his boss, this has Law & Order written all over it.  If not, I'm thinking this is at least a Hallmark Hall of Fame or Lifetime movie of the week.

post #72 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon View Post

thats why he may have a unemployment case. Since he violated no rules in the handbook, supposedly. This all varies from state to state and since he is seeking another job its really just a waste of time to discuss this so im done here.
unless more humerus old timmy videos are posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnvw View Post

Again, assuming that this is a serious thread, and that the OP has provided all relevant details, I can see your summary as being reasonable. However, the account the OP provides raises significant questions: Why did the supervisor not deal with the employee by "stepping up his game" in his clothing, rather than punishing the employee? If the employer could not have afforded more upscale clothes, does that raise a possible issue of the terminated employee's having job skill(s) which the supervisor did not have? Does the supervisor's termination of the employee, which (on the basis of what we are told) seems to have been counterproductive for the company, raise possible questions about the supervisor's management abilities and priorities?
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post



The agreed upon fee is 50% of the TV/movie rights.  If he murders his boss, this has Law & Order written all over it.  If not, I'm thinking this is at least a Hallmark Hall of Fame or Lifetime movie of the week.

Then please forward me your information so i can report you to your state bar for violating the professional rules of conduct. wink.gif
post #73 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4lnamja View Post

IF this indeed is a real situation then your friend has a law suit on his hands. This is discrimination although an unusual one. I'm serious.

bounce2.gif
post #74 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post




Don't get bogged down in the actual statutes or case law.  An injustice has been done to OP's friend and we will make new law to protect the arrogant who thumb their noses at their bosses' requests to dress appropriately.  Attorney contact information has already been pm'd and my associates are currently working on drafting a complaint and a motion for a temporary restraining order.  This is big!

worship.gif
post #75 of 160
Excess of anything is bad
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › He got fired because he was better dressed than the Boss?