or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › He got fired because he was better dressed than the Boss?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

He got fired because he was better dressed than the Boss? - Page 9

post #121 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by scar3face View Post



Def not Australia.

Maaate, you think? mwink[1].gif
post #122 of 160
And OP has not answered my question, re: Is that you, Wright / Reev? confused.gif
post #123 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by KObalto View Post

Okay, lawyer talk here from a lawyer, and I hope those who have urged suing are not attorneys (and if they are, I assume they are decked out in polyester). First of all, this never happened. Arguendo, if it did, the general rule in the USA is that employment is a week to week contract, terminable at will by either party. The employer may not fire someone for reasons that go against basic public policy however (race, gender, pregnancy, etc.) Some states have somewhat more stringent laws. As Vox pointed out, the expensively dressed neither require nor receive such special treatment, as they already run the world and have already fucked it up beyond all belief. Okay, the last phrase was mine and not Burt's.
EDIT: "expensively dressed" for "well dressed".

Why is it, then, that state and municipal employees have won wrongful termination lawsuits in federal court on First Amendment grounds? If you need cites, I can get them.
post #124 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutpug View Post

Why is it, then, that state and municipal employees have won wrongful termination lawsuits in federal court on First Amendment grounds? If you need cites, I can get them.

Because it was a government employee. The government may not place unconstitutional burdens on persons, including employees. However, a private person cannot commit a constitutional violation (generally). The bill of rights only protects you from federal government action and the 14th Amendment applies it to the states.
post #125 of 160
I often LOL reading the posts on SF. How funny to see young guys overly dressing and trying to be on a different level to where they are - job, age, status etc.

Your friend is clearly out of line and probably acts like a Douche.

Having said this, you all will think I'm a Douche for expressing my opinion.
post #126 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by KObalto View Post

I am anti-death penalty. I have no issues with banning though.

How do the Powers That Be decide between a ban and a balefire?
post #127 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post

I often LOL reading the posts on SF. How funny to see young guys overly dressing and trying to be on a different level to where they are - job, age, status etc.
Your friend is clearly out of line and probably acts like a Douche.
Having said this, you all will think I'm a Douche for expressing my opinion.

I will have to agree with you on this , i dont see any other way he would get fired!
post #128 of 160
I'm going to leave this here:

http://abovethelaw.com/2010/06/woman-claims-she-was-fired-for-being-too-attractive/
Edited by brokencycle - 3/6/12 at 9:04pm
post #129 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

I'm going too leave this here:
http://abovethelaw.com/2010/06/woman-claims-she-was-fired-for-being-too-attractive/

There you go. Whether she prevails or not, someone's going to hire her. Someone's going to pay her to be on a stupid television talk show. She wins no matter what happens in court. Should be an interesting deposition: Q: So, did you look like this when you got hired? A: Actually, I didn't wear makeup to the interview.
post #130 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by sns23 View Post

Because it was a government employee. The government may not place unconstitutional burdens on persons, including employees. However, a private person cannot commit a constitutional violation (generally). The bill of rights only protects you from federal government action and the 14th Amendment applies it to the states.

Not to belabor, just want to make sure I have it right.

City Hall can't fire Joe if he says the mayor sucks, but the Acme Corporation can fire Steve for saying the CEO sucks. That actually makes sense.
post #131 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutpug View Post

Not to belabor, just want to make sure I have it right.
City Hall can't fire Joe if he says the mayor sucks, but the Acme Corporation can fire Steve for saying the CEO sucks. That actually makes sense.

Pretty much.
post #132 of 160
I disagree. I think it would make a great lawsuit. And yes, there are lawyers willing to take a case like that. And I'm sure one of the terms would be firing the boss. If this whole thing is true.
post #133 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEARTLESS-531 View Post

I disagree. I think it would make a great lawsuit. And yes, there are lawyers willing to take a case like that. And I'm sure one of the terms would be firing the boss. If this whole thing is true.

Of course you can always find a shady lawyer willing to take a case if you pay up front his or her $300 per hour fees. That does not mean it is a good case.
post #134 of 160

What kind of a boss is that. That calls for a lawsuit right there.

post #135 of 160
If this were a client facing job, as it sounds, then I think that the issue was with the colors and patterns and had little to do with the brands. It sounds like his boss would simply prefer he dress in a subtle Fashion.

Politicians often wear expensive brands, even by SF standards, and the general public is rarely knowledgable of that fact.

My fiancé often wonders why I wear 'boring' colors and patterns, this is the reason. Not so much for the coworkers, but really for the clients. No one really wants to deal with the guy who dresses like he's at the club.

Ps. Stop trolling.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › He got fired because he was better dressed than the Boss?