Robert and Oscar same size?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSteph, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- eBay Roundup Week of January 11, 2015 Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 7 Last post on 9/7/14 at 7:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- Price drop: Carmina Burgundy Adelaides 11.5UK Last post on 8/6/14 at 2:04am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Suggestions for Barcelona in December Last post on 1/21/15 at 10:34pm in Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:04 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
The Official Carmina Sizing Thread - Page 38
Styleforum Top Picks
Are the 11UKs in Forest a perfect fit for you? I'm just wondering cause I'm looking at a pair of second hand shoes in 11.5UK that I really want, so I'm wondering if I could make it work with possibly an insole or heel pad.
Let me put it this way. I saw those on EBay as well and passed because the Forest last in an 11UK is such a good fit for me, that it would be crazy to size up another half size.
Meermin Hiro & Ama = 9.5 in width but last slightly too short (especially with Ama, I have Ama 10 now but they are too roomy)
Slightly narrow feet, medium instep.
What sizes would I take in Rain, Inca and Forest?
edit: removed the shoe brands that seem to have different sizing.
All in all, how does the length and width of Carmina lasts compare to Meermin's?
Edited by All Tatters - 1/26/14 at 10:06am
I'm a UK9.5 in C&J 348 last and a 9.5/10 in Edward Green 888 last (the latter is the snuggest possible fit without being too small; the C&J is a comfortable fit and a UK9 is clearly too small).
I'm interested in whether shoes on the Carmina Forest last would suit my feet at all, given that the sleek C&J 348 and EG 888 suit me feet very well and the Forest looks a bit roomier. And if so whether I would stick with a 9.5 or whether Forest is large enough that I should go down to a 9 on it.
I picked up a pair of the Forrest last suede brogues from the marketplace and found them to be too small. For reference I wear:
brannock is 7.5d
I was surpised that a 6.5uk Forrest last was too small given the guidance I have read. Not that this is scientific but they measured 1/8" shorter inside then the Inca. Did anyone else have this experience?
I'm angling towards some Simpson last shoes and figure I should go 7uk?
Sorry for the repeat, but could use some advice.
I'm normally a US 7.5D (Aberdeen, etc.)
Inca 6.5UK - fits great (monks, balmorals), love it. Heel is locked and roomy in the forefoot, but not overly so.
Forest 6.5UK - Balmoral was very snug in the forefoot and around the ball, 7UK feels too long.
Rain 6.5UK - was sloppy all around, though it is a single monk
Any suggestions for which last I should try next?
I'd try Forest in a wide but am unsure exactly how much more voluminous it would be and being special order, it would be quite a risk. Anyone tried a forest wide?
Can anybody weigh in on this?
I have posted the same question in another Carmina thread.
- The Official Carmina Sizing Thread
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Common Projects Postal Boots 39 10 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 12 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 13 minutes ago
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 21 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 22 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 24 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 25 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays