Robert and Oscar same size?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSF, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Carmina Cap Toe Oxfords In Espresso Calf - 7.5UK Last post on 12/3/16 at 12:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 9/30/16 at 5:32am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 2/2/17 at 1:25pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina GMTO Last post on 12/26/15 at 8:06am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Carmina Sizing Thread - Page 38post #557 of 13181/20/14 at 3:14pmpost #558 of 13181/20/14 at 3:17pmpost #559 of 13181/20/14 at 3:21pmQuote:
Are the 11UKs in Forest a perfect fit for you? I'm just wondering cause I'm looking at a pair of second hand shoes in 11.5UK that I really want, so I'm wondering if I could make it work with possibly an insole or heel pad.post #560 of 13181/20/14 at 3:27pmQuote:
Let me put it this way. I saw those on EBay as well and passed because the Forest last in an 11UK is such a good fit for me, that it would be crazy to size up another half size.post #561 of 13181/20/14 at 3:31pmpost #562 of 13181/22/14 at 1:12pmKing's (by Cheaney) = 9.5
Meermin Hiro & Ama = 9.5 in width but last slightly too short (especially with Ama, I have Ama 10 now but they are too roomy)
Slightly narrow feet, medium instep.
What sizes would I take in Rain, Inca and Forest?
edit: removed the shoe brands that seem to have different sizing.
All in all, how does the length and width of Carmina lasts compare to Meermin's?
Edited by All Tatters - 1/26/14 at 10:06ampost #563 of 13181/27/14 at 11:03pmpost #564 of 13181/28/14 at 5:03am
I'm a UK9.5 in C&J 348 last and a 9.5/10 in Edward Green 888 last (the latter is the snuggest possible fit without being too small; the C&J is a comfortable fit and a UK9 is clearly too small).
I'm interested in whether shoes on the Carmina Forest last would suit my feet at all, given that the sleek C&J 348 and EG 888 suit me feet very well and the Forest looks a bit roomier. And if so whether I would stick with a 9.5 or whether Forest is large enough that I should go down to a 9 on it.post #565 of 13181/28/14 at 5:10ampost #566 of 13182/1/14 at 11:07amGents…
I picked up a pair of the Forrest last suede brogues from the marketplace and found them to be too small. For reference I wear:
brannock is 7.5d
I was surpised that a 6.5uk Forrest last was too small given the guidance I have read. Not that this is scientific but they measured 1/8" shorter inside then the Inca. Did anyone else have this experience?
I'm angling towards some Simpson last shoes and figure I should go 7uk?post #567 of 13182/1/14 at 11:25ampost #568 of 13182/6/14 at 10:19amGentlemen,
Sorry for the repeat, but could use some advice.
I'm normally a US 7.5D (Aberdeen, etc.)
Inca 6.5UK - fits great (monks, balmorals), love it. Heel is locked and roomy in the forefoot, but not overly so.
Forest 6.5UK - Balmoral was very snug in the forefoot and around the ball, 7UK feels too long.
Rain 6.5UK - was sloppy all around, though it is a single monk
Any suggestions for which last I should try next?
I'd try Forest in a wide but am unsure exactly how much more voluminous it would be and being special order, it would be quite a risk. Anyone tried a forest wide?post #569 of 13182/6/14 at 12:31pmpost #570 of 13182/6/14 at 5:39pmAnybody else find that the chelsea boots fit a bit large? I have a 9.5 Simpson Chelsea and it feels a bit more generous then the oxfords that I own. I'd assume the same for the rain lasted Chelsea's as well.
Can anybody weigh in on this?
I have posted the same question in another Carmina thread.
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 1 minute ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Havana Blue and Brown Silk, Linen, Wool Check 40R 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 7 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › How to Buy a Women Dress Online That Puts on...
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway