Robert and Oscar same size?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSF, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on Today at 4:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 9/28/15 at 8:43am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina GMTO Last post on 10/6/15 at 5:12am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Official Carmina Sizing Thread - Page 38
Styleforum Top Pickspost #557 of 10601/20/14 at 3:14pmpost #558 of 10601/20/14 at 3:17pmpost #559 of 10601/20/14 at 3:21pmQuote:
Are the 11UKs in Forest a perfect fit for you? I'm just wondering cause I'm looking at a pair of second hand shoes in 11.5UK that I really want, so I'm wondering if I could make it work with possibly an insole or heel pad.post #560 of 10601/20/14 at 3:27pmQuote:
Let me put it this way. I saw those on EBay as well and passed because the Forest last in an 11UK is such a good fit for me, that it would be crazy to size up another half size.post #561 of 10601/20/14 at 3:31pmpost #562 of 10601/22/14 at 1:12pmKing's (by Cheaney) = 9.5
Meermin Hiro & Ama = 9.5 in width but last slightly too short (especially with Ama, I have Ama 10 now but they are too roomy)
Slightly narrow feet, medium instep.
What sizes would I take in Rain, Inca and Forest?
edit: removed the shoe brands that seem to have different sizing.
All in all, how does the length and width of Carmina lasts compare to Meermin's?
Edited by All Tatters - 1/26/14 at 10:06ampost #563 of 10601/27/14 at 11:03pmpost #564 of 10601/28/14 at 5:03am
I'm a UK9.5 in C&J 348 last and a 9.5/10 in Edward Green 888 last (the latter is the snuggest possible fit without being too small; the C&J is a comfortable fit and a UK9 is clearly too small).
I'm interested in whether shoes on the Carmina Forest last would suit my feet at all, given that the sleek C&J 348 and EG 888 suit me feet very well and the Forest looks a bit roomier. And if so whether I would stick with a 9.5 or whether Forest is large enough that I should go down to a 9 on it.post #565 of 10601/28/14 at 5:10ampost #566 of 10602/1/14 at 11:07amGents…
I picked up a pair of the Forrest last suede brogues from the marketplace and found them to be too small. For reference I wear:
brannock is 7.5d
I was surpised that a 6.5uk Forrest last was too small given the guidance I have read. Not that this is scientific but they measured 1/8" shorter inside then the Inca. Did anyone else have this experience?
I'm angling towards some Simpson last shoes and figure I should go 7uk?post #567 of 10602/1/14 at 11:25ampost #568 of 10602/6/14 at 10:19amGentlemen,
Sorry for the repeat, but could use some advice.
I'm normally a US 7.5D (Aberdeen, etc.)
Inca 6.5UK - fits great (monks, balmorals), love it. Heel is locked and roomy in the forefoot, but not overly so.
Forest 6.5UK - Balmoral was very snug in the forefoot and around the ball, 7UK feels too long.
Rain 6.5UK - was sloppy all around, though it is a single monk
Any suggestions for which last I should try next?
I'd try Forest in a wide but am unsure exactly how much more voluminous it would be and being special order, it would be quite a risk. Anyone tried a forest wide?post #569 of 10602/6/14 at 12:31pmpost #570 of 10602/6/14 at 5:39pmAnybody else find that the chelsea boots fit a bit large? I have a 9.5 Simpson Chelsea and it feels a bit more generous then the oxfords that I own. I'd assume the same for the rain lasted Chelsea's as well.
Can anybody weigh in on this?
I have posted the same question in another Carmina thread.
- The Official Carmina Sizing Thread
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 8 minutes ago
- › The Unbranded Brand Jeans 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 16 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 18 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 42 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 45 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth