are rain and simpson basically the same except for the rain being wider? are both the same length? the toe looks basically the same.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSF, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina GMTO Last post on 12/26/15 at 8:06am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Carmina Sizing Thread - Page 33post #481 of 115711/11/13 at 7:47pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #482 of 115711/11/13 at 10:59pmQuote:
Rain is wider, and the last is roomier. Length appears the same to me. If you look carefully, the Simpson toe is sleeker than the Rain toe.post #483 of 115711/12/13 at 4:03amQuote:
+1 Rain is wider--noticeably so. I also wonder, but did not think to examine this when I had both in my hands, if the Rain isn't more of a banana last than the Simpson. Rain is great for a wide forefoot. I went from owning no Carminas to owning four pair in a manner of two months because of the Rain last.post #484 of 115711/12/13 at 4:16ampost #485 of 115711/12/13 at 9:08amQuote:
I agree the shoe is overall narrower, but, for me, the effect is really noticeable in the toe box. I have narrow heels and my foot is not a large volume foot. Generally I struggle with both wide shoes (like an F width 202 last from EG) or standard lasts like an "D" width Aberdeen from Alden. The Rain last works perfectly for me - wide in the toe box but without the carness feel of the 202.post #486 of 115711/14/13 at 9:51pmQuote:
Thanks! Just received the pair tonight and they're great. Very snug but I think they'll break in just fine.post #487 of 115711/14/13 at 9:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by BurtonQuote:
I agree the shoe is overall narrower, but, for me, the effect is really noticeable in the toe box. I have narrow heels and my foot is not a large volume foot. Generally I struggle with both wide shoes (like an F width 202 last from EG) or standard lasts like an "D" width Aberdeen from Alden. The Rain last works perfectly for me - wide in the toe box but without the carness feel of the 202.
Really?? So Rain last would be good for me (I also have narrow heels)?post #488 of 115711/14/13 at 10:06pmpost #489 of 115711/15/13 at 11:25pmpost #490 of 115711/16/13 at 3:21pmpost #491 of 115711/16/13 at 8:33pmpost #492 of 115711/17/13 at 7:21pmDefinitely go up to a 9UK. IMO, the Barrie last is already almost UK sizing.post #493 of 115711/18/13 at 9:37pmpost #494 of 115711/18/13 at 11:06pmpost #495 of 115711/19/13 at 3:26am
- The Official Carmina Sizing Thread
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Currently, there are 1686 Active Users (417 Members and 1269 Guests)
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 23 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 46 seconds ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?