Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSF, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Carmina GMTO Last post on 6/5/15 at 7:44am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 5/24/15 at 10:23am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Roundup - Week of February 1 Last post on 2/4/15 at 9:21pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only Last post on 6/28/15 at 5:52pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
The Official Carmina Sizing Thread - Page 32
Styleforum Top Picks
I've had two shortened by my local cobbler in Aus. While it's a relatively simple task, you/they will still need a small leather punch, slightly bigger leather punch, a flathead screwdriver and a leather cutter to do a tidy job. $10 for two and 15 minutes.
My cobbler was impressed by leather quality and design of the buckle. I'm also really happy with the belts.
Hope this helps.
What is your assumption for sizing down half a size for a boot?
I absolutely agree that sizing down for a boot is often quite unusual. But, one should remember that a Chelsea boot is a more dressy and elegant type of boot which is very hard to adjust in its fitting after breaking them in. That could be one reason why it sometimes could be wise to have a very snug fit for a Chelsea boot. Otherwise, I also often size up half a size on other types of boots.
E. Plus a size? I've read that some size down a size or keeps their 348-last size, but not size up. That was new and complicates the procedure. Thanks for the answer, I appreciate it.
Anyone else? Any experience with the Robert-last would also be appreciated?
I'm a TTS US9.5D (for my right foot at least; my left foot is more like a 9.25C). The Uetam last in UK8.5 is a pretty good fit for a loafer. No heel slippage.
- The Official Carmina Sizing Thread
- › Things that are pissing you off. 6 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 54 seconds ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 1 minute ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...