Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSteph, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 7 Last post on 9/7/14 at 7:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- Price drop: Carmina Burgundy Adelaides 11.5UK Last post on 8/6/14 at 2:04am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Suggestions for Madrid and Barcelona Last post on 9/4/14 at 7:36pm in Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:43 pm in Classic Menswear
- Final Cut. Carmina Suede Chukka - New with Hand Made Trees - 8.5 UK - 9.5 US Last post on 1/13/14 at 8:46pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
The Official Carmina Sizing Thread - Page 32
Styleforum Top Picks
I've had two shortened by my local cobbler in Aus. While it's a relatively simple task, you/they will still need a small leather punch, slightly bigger leather punch, a flathead screwdriver and a leather cutter to do a tidy job. $10 for two and 15 minutes.
My cobbler was impressed by leather quality and design of the buckle. I'm also really happy with the belts.
Hope this helps.
What is your assumption for sizing down half a size for a boot?
I absolutely agree that sizing down for a boot is often quite unusual. But, one should remember that a Chelsea boot is a more dressy and elegant type of boot which is very hard to adjust in its fitting after breaking them in. That could be one reason why it sometimes could be wise to have a very snug fit for a Chelsea boot. Otherwise, I also often size up half a size on other types of boots.
E. Plus a size? I've read that some size down a size or keeps their 348-last size, but not size up. That was new and complicates the procedure. Thanks for the answer, I appreciate it.
Anyone else? Any experience with the Robert-last would also be appreciated?
I'm a TTS US9.5D (for my right foot at least; my left foot is more like a 9.25C). The Uetam last in UK8.5 is a pretty good fit for a loafer. No heel slippage.
- The Official Carmina Sizing Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Epaulet New York Rivet Chino Brushed Graphite - 33 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 11 minutes ago
- › Nice (dress) shoes for big feet? 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 minutes ago
- › do something you'll never thought she 26 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 29 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 41 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 43 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 47 minutes ago
- › gennaro paone: former head tailor of rubinacci 50 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...