Thanks! I feel better now. I'm putting a few orders shortly and glad to hear I'm not the only one with the sizing differences for Rain last.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSteph, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- eBay Roundup Week of January 11, 2015 Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 7 Last post on 9/7/14 at 7:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- Price drop: Carmina Burgundy Adelaides 11.5UK Last post on 8/6/14 at 2:04am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Suggestions for Barcelona in December Last post on 1/21/15 at 10:34pm in Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:11 am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
The Official Carmina Sizing Thread - Page 27
Styleforum Top Picks
So I will confuse matters. For me, Simpson 8UK is perfect, Rain 8UK is a touch wider but fits very well, Inca 8UK is noticeably wider and is just on the ok side of acceptable (could probably have sized down). Maybe my feet are just weird.
I've tried 7UK in Rain last and it was just way too snug (have issue with width) for me and 8UK in Rain was way to loose. I didn't have a chance to try 7.5UK but pretty sure it will be spot on now.
Hey guys heres a list of MTO's from Steve at Gentlemans Footwear! If there are any interests please feel free to PM Steve (steveyoo1983) or myself (justinkapur)
pre-order for a Forest last captoe in black calf
mto #1 (navy 2eyelet in rain last) - 2 interests
mto #2 (burgundy split toe derby) - 2 interests
mto #3 ( split toe shell cordovan boots) - 2 int for light cognac shell, 2 int for navy shell
mto #4 (simpson last derby wingtip in burgundy)
You're almost same size as me.
I'm 7.5uk in CJ 348&337, 7.5uk in G&G kn14, 8uk in G&G TG73 and EG 888, and 7.5uk in JL 7000&8000
In case of Carmina Uetam, 7.5uk fits me well.
According to Carmina the Rain and Inca are the same in width (EE). I find it odd that your size on the Rain last is half a size larger than your size on the Inca last. I'm really curious as to why because I'm planning to buy a pair on the Rain last.
For me it's even more different.
I wear double monks on Inca last in UK 8 (perfect fit) but have to size down to 7.5 UK in Rain last as 8 UK is too loose. Simpson in 8 UK is perfect fit as well.
It appears I am the same as Hifilover in that if I ever do an Inca last again I will go a half size down from Simpson and Rain. I have size 8UK in all three and the Inca is by far the widest of the bunch. Guess we are both odd...
Can I get some sizing advice from Gentlemen's Footwear here? I'm eyeing to get those full brown wingtips in dark brown calf. I'm a UK 9.5 on the Inca and UK 9 on the Xim. I can't fit in narrow and chiseled lasts like the C&J 348 and the Carmina Simpson even if I size up.
Edited by kevinyapjoco - 8/20/13 at 8:51am
I actually tried the Rain and Inca and had that finding. Inca Uk8 was surely too large for me while Rain last in Uk8 is just fit to me...Hope this will be useful to you.
Pink Panther: How does the toebox compare between Rain and Inca? My only complaint with the Inca last is I need the toe box a little taller (more like Forest).
Off the top of my head, I think the Rain's toe box is slightly taller but I can't recall for sure. I will put them both on tonight and let you know.
- The Official Carmina Sizing Thread
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 4 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 23 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 51 seconds ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 8 minutes ago
- › Should a guy who got dumped lie to his ex that he's seeing someone... 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays