Any experience with soller last as compared to rain and oscar lasts?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSteph, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 7 Last post on 9/7/14 at 7:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- Price drop: Carmina Burgundy Adelaides 11.5UK Last post on 8/6/14 at 2:04am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Suggestions for Barcelona in December Last post on 12/23/14 at 7:01am in Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- Final Cut. Carmina Suede Chukka - New with Hand Made Trees - 8.5 UK - 9.5 US Last post on 1/13/14 at 8:46pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
The Official Carmina Sizing Thread - Page 22
Styleforum Top Picks
I only have rain last. I was considering buying shoes on Soller last and I requested more information from a good folks at Skoaktiebolaget and this is what they told me.
" It is a slightly wider and especially longer last than most other E fitting shoes. Compared to Rain it is similar in width and maybe ever so slightly longer. Many of our customers size down ½ a size for Soller, but that also depends on how the Rain fits you. We usually recommend a snug fit, especially with suede which shapes well after the feet.
If you want to be on the safe side you could order a size 10 in Soller but it is not impossible a 9½ could fit you well too."
Is anyone here using the saphir shoe trees with their Carmina shoes? If so, have you sized down 1 or 2 sizes? I have read they run large.
Although this has been fairly well covered, I wear:
Rain - UK 8
Forrest - UK 8
Simpson UK 8.5
Alden Barrie - US 8D (full size down, rather than half size as most people have)
Not sure what information (measurement) you are after exactly but here are some numbers that might help:
Rain last UK 11: Widest point measured across sole (pretty much equal to the widest point of the last from looking down onto the shoe) = 4.25"; this is located at a distance of 8.25" from the heel end of the sole.
I fit comfortably in the Rain UK 11. I also wear a 11 UK Queen's (just a bit tight on at the widest point), and U(V)etam UK 11 (loafer - tight, but comfortable). Also 11 UK in the Oscar last - and for that the maximum width across the sole is just shy of 4.5". A tracing of my foot gives the widest point as 4.125". If it helps I can send you tomorrrow a tracing of my shoe and my (largest) foot (need to access the scanner at work for that).
Thank you, it is difficult asking Carmina vendors this info. I was asking an SF affiliate vendor for width measurements on any Rain size 11Uk shoe handy, they only offered that that model runs slim and will not work for me.
I had written the last off until now, thank you...
- The Official Carmina Sizing Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 47 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › Universal Works FW 14 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 3 minutes ago
- › ARC'TERYX Veilance - Insulated Shell - Size M 5 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 7 minutes ago
- › 2014 50 Book Challenge 9 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 10 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 10 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...