Any experience with soller last as compared to rain and oscar lasts?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSF, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Carmina GMTO Last post on 6/5/15 at 7:44am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 5/24/15 at 10:23am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Roundup - Week of February 1 Last post on 2/4/15 at 9:21pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only Last post on 6/28/15 at 5:52pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
The Official Carmina Sizing Thread - Page 22
Styleforum Top Picks
I only have rain last. I was considering buying shoes on Soller last and I requested more information from a good folks at Skoaktiebolaget and this is what they told me.
" It is a slightly wider and especially longer last than most other E fitting shoes. Compared to Rain it is similar in width and maybe ever so slightly longer. Many of our customers size down ½ a size for Soller, but that also depends on how the Rain fits you. We usually recommend a snug fit, especially with suede which shapes well after the feet.
If you want to be on the safe side you could order a size 10 in Soller but it is not impossible a 9½ could fit you well too."
Is anyone here using the saphir shoe trees with their Carmina shoes? If so, have you sized down 1 or 2 sizes? I have read they run large.
Although this has been fairly well covered, I wear:
Rain - UK 8
Forrest - UK 8
Simpson UK 8.5
Alden Barrie - US 8D (full size down, rather than half size as most people have)
Not sure what information (measurement) you are after exactly but here are some numbers that might help:
Rain last UK 11: Widest point measured across sole (pretty much equal to the widest point of the last from looking down onto the shoe) = 4.25"; this is located at a distance of 8.25" from the heel end of the sole.
I fit comfortably in the Rain UK 11. I also wear a 11 UK Queen's (just a bit tight on at the widest point), and U(V)etam UK 11 (loafer - tight, but comfortable). Also 11 UK in the Oscar last - and for that the maximum width across the sole is just shy of 4.5". A tracing of my foot gives the widest point as 4.125". If it helps I can send you tomorrrow a tracing of my shoe and my (largest) foot (need to access the scanner at work for that).
Thank you, it is difficult asking Carmina vendors this info. I was asking an SF affiliate vendor for width measurements on any Rain size 11Uk shoe handy, they only offered that that model runs slim and will not work for me.
I had written the last off until now, thank you...
- The Official Carmina Sizing Thread
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 23 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 30 seconds ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 41 seconds ago
- › RAW denim crotch wear out 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 2 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...