Any experience with soller last as compared to rain and oscar lasts?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSteph, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Price drop: Carmina Burgundy Adelaides 11.5UK Last post on 8/6/14 at 2:04am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Suggestions for Madrid and Barcelona Last post on 7/27/14 at 12:24pm in Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Final Cut. Carmina Suede Chukka - New with Hand Made Trees - 8.5 UK - 9.5 US Last post on 1/13/14 at 8:46pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WTT: CARMINA SUEDE CHUKKA 8.5 UK - 9.5 US Last post on 9/6/13 at 4:53pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
The Official Carmina Sizing Thread - Page 22
Styleforum Top Picks
I only have rain last. I was considering buying shoes on Soller last and I requested more information from a good folks at Skoaktiebolaget and this is what they told me.
" It is a slightly wider and especially longer last than most other E fitting shoes. Compared to Rain it is similar in width and maybe ever so slightly longer. Many of our customers size down ½ a size for Soller, but that also depends on how the Rain fits you. We usually recommend a snug fit, especially with suede which shapes well after the feet.
If you want to be on the safe side you could order a size 10 in Soller but it is not impossible a 9½ could fit you well too."
Is anyone here using the saphir shoe trees with their Carmina shoes? If so, have you sized down 1 or 2 sizes? I have read they run large.
Although this has been fairly well covered, I wear:
Rain - UK 8
Forrest - UK 8
Simpson UK 8.5
Alden Barrie - US 8D (full size down, rather than half size as most people have)
Not sure what information (measurement) you are after exactly but here are some numbers that might help:
Rain last UK 11: Widest point measured across sole (pretty much equal to the widest point of the last from looking down onto the shoe) = 4.25"; this is located at a distance of 8.25" from the heel end of the sole.
I fit comfortably in the Rain UK 11. I also wear a 11 UK Queen's (just a bit tight on at the widest point), and U(V)etam UK 11 (loafer - tight, but comfortable). Also 11 UK in the Oscar last - and for that the maximum width across the sole is just shy of 4.5". A tracing of my foot gives the widest point as 4.125". If it helps I can send you tomorrrow a tracing of my shoe and my (largest) foot (need to access the scanner at work for that).
Thank you, it is difficult asking Carmina vendors this info. I was asking an SF affiliate vendor for width measurements on any Rain size 11Uk shoe handy, they only offered that that model runs slim and will not work for me.
I had written the last off until now, thank you...
- The Official Carmina Sizing Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 21 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 39 seconds ago
- › NIKE Thread 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones Harlech MTO - Whiskey Cordovan - UPDATE 09/25/13 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)