Any experience with soller last as compared to rain and oscar lasts?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSF, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 5:32 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 9/17/16 at 7:54am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina GMTO Last post on 12/26/15 at 8:06am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Official Carmina Sizing Thread - Page 22post #317 of 12676/11/13 at 12:30pmQuote:
I only have rain last. I was considering buying shoes on Soller last and I requested more information from a good folks at Skoaktiebolaget and this is what they told me.
" It is a slightly wider and especially longer last than most other E fitting shoes. Compared to Rain it is similar in width and maybe ever so slightly longer. Many of our customers size down ½ a size for Soller, but that also depends on how the Rain fits you. We usually recommend a snug fit, especially with suede which shapes well after the feet.
If you want to be on the safe side you could order a size 10 in Soller but it is not impossible a 9½ could fit you well too."post #318 of 12676/12/13 at 4:14ampost #319 of 12676/12/13 at 3:55pm
Is anyone here using the saphir shoe trees with their Carmina shoes? If so, have you sized down 1 or 2 sizes? I have read they run large.
Although this has been fairly well covered, I wear:
Rain - UK 8
Forrest - UK 8
Simpson UK 8.5
Alden Barrie - US 8D (full size down, rather than half size as most people have)post #320 of 12676/15/13 at 9:05pmpost #321 of 12676/15/13 at 9:30pmpost #322 of 12676/17/13 at 4:28amQuote:
Not sure what information (measurement) you are after exactly but here are some numbers that might help:
Rain last UK 11: Widest point measured across sole (pretty much equal to the widest point of the last from looking down onto the shoe) = 4.25"; this is located at a distance of 8.25" from the heel end of the sole.
I fit comfortably in the Rain UK 11. I also wear a 11 UK Queen's (just a bit tight on at the widest point), and U(V)etam UK 11 (loafer - tight, but comfortable). Also 11 UK in the Oscar last - and for that the maximum width across the sole is just shy of 4.5". A tracing of my foot gives the widest point as 4.125". If it helps I can send you tomorrrow a tracing of my shoe and my (largest) foot (need to access the scanner at work for that).post #323 of 12676/17/13 at 5:47ampost #324 of 12676/19/13 at 12:57ampost #325 of 12676/19/13 at 12:58ampost #326 of 12676/19/13 at 4:15am
Thank you, it is difficult asking Carmina vendors this info. I was asking an SF affiliate vendor for width measurements on any Rain size 11Uk shoe handy, they only offered that that model runs slim and will not work for me.
I had written the last off until now, thank you...post #327 of 12676/19/13 at 5:41ampost #328 of 12676/19/13 at 5:54ampost #329 of 12676/19/13 at 6:02ampost #330 of 12676/19/13 at 6:03am
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Panerai Luminor GMT Automatic (PAM88) 30 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 37 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › The umbrella, cane, riding crop and miscellaneous accessories porn... 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 10 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 12 minutes ago
- › 'Posting Up' at the Club / Bar - Let's Discuss 14 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...