I am a 9.5D, do you think I'd be a 8UK then? Looking at the Forest for some Wholecuts and the Uetam for the suede loafers.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSF, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Carmina GMTO Last post on Today at 9:55 am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Roundup - Week of February 1 Last post on 2/4/15 at 9:21pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only Last post on Yesterday at 7:02 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Official Carmina Sizing Thread - Page 17
Styleforum Top Pickspost #242 of 9392/22/13 at 9:08pmpost #243 of 9392/22/13 at 11:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by runningfrog
^ +1, this is great advice. i'm sizing down 1.5 on my next Carminas in the Forest last and I think it's gonna be spot on. I'm also on the narrower side of medium...probably because I've been rock climbing so many years in tight shoes that my foot has gone from a medium to medium-narrow. sigh
i went a whole size down on my most recent barrie last alden and the fit is spot on.
1.5 sizes not including US to UK conversion? Meaning if you are around 10.5 US then you're going to buy 9 US in Carmina? I ask because I am slightly narrower than medium with flat feetpost #244 of 9392/23/13 at 7:01ampost #245 of 9392/23/13 at 9:33amQuote:
1.5 sizes including US to UK conversion. normally I wear US8 in most shoes and I have four pairs of Carminas in UK7 in various lasts (robert, forest, rain, queens). For my most recent forest last MTO pre-order, I went to UK6.5, which would be US7.5.post #246 of 9392/23/13 at 9:42amQuote:
Ah that makes sense. Do the UK7 not fit as well as you'd like, which is why you're going to UK6.5 in the Forest (as I understand is a pretty standard last)?post #247 of 9392/23/13 at 9:55amQuote:
UK7 is fine in the lasts I have except the Forest. I have to pull the laces pretty tight so the blucher ends are nearly touching at the last eyelet. It's wearable, but just a bit loose even after the sole has been broken in.
Forest is a pretty standard last. I think my foot is getting narrower and maybe even shorter from rock climbing over the past several years. My climbing shoes are intentionally sized down for a snug/tight fit.post #248 of 9392/23/13 at 3:18pmQuote:
I think you should go for an 8 instead of an 8.5. Betty from Carmina told me that basically everyone goes down a full size from their usual US size when I emailed her.post #249 of 9392/25/13 at 5:06ampost #250 of 9392/27/13 at 8:13ampost #251 of 9393/4/13 at 1:35am
I have a pair of shell derbys in Forest which are my best fitting shoes, and I just tried on the C&J Cavendish tassel loafer last weekend which I believe is on last 325. I wear UK 10 in the Carminas and I tried 10 UK in the C&J, the fit was spot on. My forefeet are wider, while my heel is more on the narrow side, so if I go for enough toe space, I get often some heel slippage, but here it was not the case. The only problem is, I don't know if I am ready for a tassel loafer yet :)
Hope that helps!post #252 of 9393/5/13 at 10:47ampost #253 of 9393/6/13 at 1:21pmpost #254 of 9393/6/13 at 3:27pmQuote:
Agreed. Despite the toe-shape, the Rain last has a generous fit. I usually take a US10/UK9 but I even, briefly flirted with the idea of getting an 8.5 on the Rain last before settling on a 9.
Therefore, I would say that if you are a US9, you should get an 8 on the Rain last.
- The Official Carmina Sizing Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 49 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 54 seconds ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 1 minute ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Help me select a new CD transport/player 2 minutes ago
- › ~ THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL TOJ EXCHANGE THREAD ~ 4 minutes ago
- › Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) 5 minutes ago
- › Do you wear shorts? 8 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...