I am a 9.5D, do you think I'd be a 8UK then? Looking at the Forest for some Wholecuts and the Uetam for the suede loafers.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSF, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 3/31/15 at 8:30am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Roundup - Week of February 1 Last post on 2/4/15 at 9:21pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only Last post on Yesterday at 10:33 pm in Classic Menswear
- eBay Roundup Week of January 11, 2015 Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
The Official Carmina Sizing Thread - Page 17
Styleforum Top Picks
^ +1, this is great advice. i'm sizing down 1.5 on my next Carminas in the Forest last and I think it's gonna be spot on. I'm also on the narrower side of medium...probably because I've been rock climbing so many years in tight shoes that my foot has gone from a medium to medium-narrow. sigh
i went a whole size down on my most recent barrie last alden and the fit is spot on.
1.5 sizes not including US to UK conversion? Meaning if you are around 10.5 US then you're going to buy 9 US in Carmina? I ask because I am slightly narrower than medium with flat feet
1.5 sizes including US to UK conversion. normally I wear US8 in most shoes and I have four pairs of Carminas in UK7 in various lasts (robert, forest, rain, queens). For my most recent forest last MTO pre-order, I went to UK6.5, which would be US7.5.
Ah that makes sense. Do the UK7 not fit as well as you'd like, which is why you're going to UK6.5 in the Forest (as I understand is a pretty standard last)?
UK7 is fine in the lasts I have except the Forest. I have to pull the laces pretty tight so the blucher ends are nearly touching at the last eyelet. It's wearable, but just a bit loose even after the sole has been broken in.
Forest is a pretty standard last. I think my foot is getting narrower and maybe even shorter from rock climbing over the past several years. My climbing shoes are intentionally sized down for a snug/tight fit.
I think you should go for an 8 instead of an 8.5. Betty from Carmina told me that basically everyone goes down a full size from their usual US size when I emailed her.
I have a pair of shell derbys in Forest which are my best fitting shoes, and I just tried on the C&J Cavendish tassel loafer last weekend which I believe is on last 325. I wear UK 10 in the Carminas and I tried 10 UK in the C&J, the fit was spot on. My forefeet are wider, while my heel is more on the narrow side, so if I go for enough toe space, I get often some heel slippage, but here it was not the case. The only problem is, I don't know if I am ready for a tassel loafer yet :)
Hope that helps!
Agreed. Despite the toe-shape, the Rain last has a generous fit. I usually take a US10/UK9 but I even, briefly flirted with the idea of getting an 8.5 on the Rain last before settling on a 9.
Therefore, I would say that if you are a US9, you should get an 8 on the Rain last.
- The Official Carmina Sizing Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 6 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 1 minute ago
- › GoLdMaDeLiSt ExPeRt काला जादू ?? +919799138999)) BlaCk MagiC... 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › GoLdMaDeLiSt ExPeRt काला जादू ?? +919799138999)) BlaCk MagiC... 6 minutes ago
- › GoLdMaDeLiSt ExPeRt काला जादू ?? +919799138999)) BlaCk MagiC... 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...