So if I have narrow feet (12B) what should I go for in terms of lasts for Carmina? An 11.5 in the Simpson or the Alcuida?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSF, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 6:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 9/28/15 at 8:43am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina GMTO Last post on 10/6/15 at 5:12am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Official Carmina Sizing Thread - Page 16post #226 of 10572/15/13 at 4:02am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #227 of 10572/15/13 at 6:25ampost #228 of 10572/15/13 at 12:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by ascher07
I really like Carmina shoes, but I'm worried I may be between their sizes. I have a pair of suede Salinger Double Monks from Epaulet, but I have to use the third button hole, which I can attest is no easy task. The shoes fit through the fore foot, but the heel slips ever slightly if I don't wear thick socks. They are 11UK, and my question is would a 10.5UK be too small? For note, I have a pair of Alfred Sargent's in 12US that fit perfectly.
I wear the same size on most carmina lasts as I do on AS 99, 109, and 724. What last are yours?Quote:
And what carmina last did you want advice on?post #229 of 10572/15/13 at 1:28pmQuote:And what carmina last did you want advice on?
the Simpson last, which I believe is what the Taylor split-toe is on. judging from the description, an 8UK should suffice, correct? I noticed the epaulet site does not specify widths so my assumption is that their shoes are the standard D widthpost #230 of 10572/15/13 at 3:15pm
I'm not entirely sure about the width myself. From what I understand Epaulet orders every last in a regular width, but how that width then matches up with a certain lettering system I don't know. The fact that carmina seems to have a somewhat confusing width labeling isnt helping matters. Emailing Epaulet is probably going to be your best bet.
I personally wear a 7.5 in AS 724, as well as carmina forest and rain. Don't own shoes on the simpson, and unfortunately cant recall what size I was when I tried the last in a shop.post #231 of 10572/15/13 at 6:15pmQuote:
My AS are on the 99 last, and the Carmina's I own are on the Inca.
I was wondering about the Inca and the Rain.
post #232 of 10572/15/13 at 6:33pmpost #233 of 10572/15/13 at 11:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by Concub1ne
Now now, no need for sarcasm. The dearth of replies is likely due to the fact that you, albeit understandably, offer very little frame of reference for the shape of your feet. If you have the opportunity to visit a brick and mortar store for a popular maker such as Alden, C&J, EG, GG, et al, I highly recommend it. Write down the names of the lasts and how they fit you. This will provide a baseline for people to try to help.
Fwiw I also preordered a pair on the rain last in my normal size. So fingers crossed for the both of us.
Oh, and please update this thread with how they fit you, it might help someone else down the line.
Apologies on the sarcasm.
Got mine in today - they're fantastic. I think I may be able to size down half a size though. I'm a standard D size foot. All I had before these shoes were Cole Haan's and other lower tier shoes. Cole Haan 11.5 fits perfect. 11 is just too snug. I haven't had any other real experiences with nice shoes, the Carmina's are my first ones. I'll be able to start finding good lasts and sizes for me soon enough.
Size I got was Carmina 10.5eu/11.5us. Check out the Epaulet thread for pictures.
Thanks for the update.post #234 of 10572/16/13 at 1:01amsf'er leftofthedial offered some great sizing adviceQuote:I'm a true US 9, but on the narrower side of medium. I personally size down 1.5 in all of my Carminas. The conversion that we have works for MOST dudes, but if you have a slightly narrow foot or can size down a whole size in a last like the Barrie, then I think you could do it. It really just depends on your foot shape.
When I picked up my first pair from our first delivery, I tried on UK8 and I was absolutely swimming in them. Even in the Rain/Simpson I wear a UK7,5. For reference I wear/own:
-Two double monks (calf and suede) on the Inca
-Shortwing in calf on the Forest
-Chelsea boot in calf on the Rain
-Alfred Sargent Tassel Loafers on the 80 last in US 9
-Alden Suede Chukka on the Leydon in US 9
-Loake Chelsea boots on the 010 last in US 9.post #235 of 10572/16/13 at 1:17am^ +1, this is great advice. i'm sizing down 1.5 on my next Carminas in the Forest last and I think it's gonna be spot on. I'm also on the narrower side of medium...probably because I've been rock climbing so many years in tight shoes that my foot has gone from a medium to medium-narrow. sigh
i went a whole size down on my most recent barrie last alden and the fit is spot on.post #236 of 10572/17/13 at 7:56am
Just thought I'd add my experience to this thread. I own two pairs of Carmina shoes:
Brown Suede Austerity Brogue - Simpson Last
Skoak Calf/Grain Balmoral Boot - Robert Last
I take a 10UK in both lasts - I have a relatively wide foot and flat feet, the Robert is the wider, more comfortable of the two but the Simpson isn't so narrow that it causes any discomfort for me.
Unfortunately I don't have any other high end shoes to compare with, but hopefully this post may help somepost #237 of 10572/19/13 at 9:45amCan anybody comment on the on the fit of the Carmina Forest last vs. the C&J 325 last vs. the Meermin Ron last?
I'd like to buy a tassel loafer for the summer and wonder which last/maker would fit me best. I have rather wide feet resp. need a roomy toe box. Normally I wear size 8.5 UK. The C&J 236 last fits me very well. Thanks a lot!post #238 of 10572/21/13 at 8:53pmpost #239 of 10572/22/13 at 8:35amQuote:
This is good news for me! I'm a 9E in my AE daltons and I'm considering an 8.5 UK for the double monks in the Rain last. Does this seem right?post #240 of 10572/22/13 at 9:14am
- The Official Carmina Sizing Thread
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Short sleeve dress shirts, are they ever ok? 13 minutes ago
- › Zampa di Gallina : Official Affiliate Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 17 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 19 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 23 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth