or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official Carmina Sizing Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Carmina Sizing Thread - Page 15

post #211 of 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Tatters View Post

Does anyone know how Carminas size up to Meermins?
I am the same size in both carmina and meermin but my carmina is slightly snugger.
And I have experience with Carmina inca last and all of meermins lasts (in .5 up in new rey).
post #212 of 751

Thank you.

 

This does bring me in a slightly difficult situation though.

 

I have communicated with both brands and Carmina recommends 10.5 (RAIN) and Meermin recommends 9.5 (HIRO) (changed to 10 after I mentioned it seemed so small compared to my other (non-goodyear) shoe sizes).

 

This difference cannot be explained based on the above. confused.gif
 


Edited by All Tatters - 2/9/13 at 1:32am
post #213 of 751
are you sure both are in UK sizes ?
sounds to me carmina are giving you a US size and meermin a UK size
post #214 of 751

Yes, both are UK, I explicitly mentioned it in the e-mails to both stores and I'm European so I never use US shoe sizes.

 

My C&J 358 size is 10 or 9.5 (all sizes UK). I ordered a pair of 10.5 but it was definitely too big. If I find out my C&J size I'll also know my Carmina size, right?

post #215 of 751

Unless I have miss it while reading the whole thread, does anyone with experience can tell me how the boot with Alcudia last is compared with Alden Indy/Tricker's stow.  I have wide feet, so if I am wearing 10 D Alden Indy/9.5 uk tricker's stow, should I go with 10 uk Alcudia last?

post #216 of 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentfox74 View Post

Unless I have miss it while reading the whole thread, does anyone with experience can tell me how the boot with Alcudia last is compared with Alden Indy/Tricker's stow.  I have wide feet, so if I am wearing 10 D Alden Indy/9.5 uk tricker's stow, should I go with 10 uk Alcudia last?

 

Alcudia is just about the worst last you can go with if you have wide feet.  I have wide feet, and I go with Inca, Rain, and Soller lasts.  I think Detroit is wide as well, but I have not tried them on.  

post #217 of 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentfox74 View Post

Unless I have miss it while reading the whole thread, does anyone with experience can tell me how the boot with Alcudia last is compared with Alden Indy/Tricker's stow.  I have wide feet, so if I am wearing 10 D Alden Indy/9.5 uk tricker's stow, should I go with 10 uk Alcudia last?

^ +1. The Alcudia is long and narrow. I have medium to wide feet and I wear the same size in Carmina's Alcudia as in Alden Indy. For Tricker's, my Stows are a half size smaller than my Carmina Alcudia. However, depending on how wide you are, the Alcudia might not be forgiving.
post #218 of 751

Thanks guys.  I am flat footed and that is why I find Alden/tricker's last are more comfortable.  Sigh, I wish Carmina offer something another colour rather than just black (non-cordovan) boots.  

post #219 of 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Tatters View Post

Yes, both are UK, I explicitly mentioned it in the e-mails to both stores and I'm European so I never use US shoe sizes.

My C&J 358 size is 10 or 9.5 (all sizes UK). I ordered a pair of 10.5 but it was definitely too big. If I find out my C&J size I'll also know my Carmina size, right?

Of course, everyone has different feet and so shoes will fit differently, so I don't know if my experience will be of any help.

The only Carmina last with which I have any experience is the Rain last. I have C&Js on the 348 and 337 lasts. I take a UK9 in all of them, both C&J and Carmina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentfox74 View Post

Thanks guys.  I am flat footed and that is why I find Alden/tricker's last are more comfortable.  Sigh, I wish Carmina offer something another colour rather than just black (non-cordovan) boots.  

I'm sorry if you know this already, but have you had a look at the Skoaktiebolaget and Epaulet NY websites? Both shops sell Carmina boots in a range of colours, in both calf leather and cordovan leather.
post #220 of 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post


Of course, everyone has different feet and so shoes will fit differently, so I don't know if my experience will be of any help.

The only Carmina last with which I have any experience is the Rain last. I have C&Js on the 348 and 337 lasts. I take a UK9 in all of them, both C&J and Carmina.
I'm sorry if you know this already, but have you had a look at the Skoaktiebolaget and Epaulet NY websites? Both shops sell Carmina boots in a range of colours, in both calf leather and cordovan leather.

Yes, thank you for telling me this.  skoaktiebolaget is currently out of stock and eta of new stock is probably Feb (which is this month).  Epaulet NY does have my size but I am still not sold on Cordovan Leather.  The only colour I am interested in is the midnight calf forest last but unfortunately 9.5 uk sizing are all taken.  

 

This is personal preference but I just don't like how Cordovan doesn't creases like normal calf and the price point Epaulet is still $200 above what Carmina is offering.  

 

I know that Epaulet offer their own version and they justify their pricing on it, but after shipping, custom, etc, it just starts to become ridiculous.  My only grip is that why can't shoe store stock more of popular sizes.  my size haha

 

edit: just to clarify, I am only looking for boots.  


Edited by silentfox74 - 2/11/13 at 6:28pm
post #221 of 751

I feel the need to quote myself from the Epaulet thread. Any help would be appreciated.

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

My Salinger Double Monks are on their way!  icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif Delayed delivery due to the weather. musicboohoo[1].gif

 

I've heard there's sizing issues. If my foot measures exactly US 11.5 after I've been standing on it all day, will this fit? (I ordered a US 11.5) Unfortunately I'm new to 'good shoes' and I don't have many other shoes or lasts to compare the Inca last to.

 

Is there any timeline on when these (below) will be back in stock in 11.5? The Austerity Brogue is pretty kick-ass.

 

http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/carmina-footwear/products/carnegie-austerity-brogue-caramel-calfskin

 
post #222 of 751

If I'm a 12B in Alden's Plaza last, what would you recommend for Carmina lasts?

post #223 of 751
I guess I'll find out on my own. Thanks for the help!
post #224 of 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

I feel the need to quote myself from the Epaulet thread. Any help would be appreciated.

 

 


 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

I guess I'll find out on my own. Thanks for the help!

 

Now now, no need for sarcasm. The dearth of replies is likely due to the fact that you, albeit understandably, offer very little frame of reference for the shape of your feet. If you have the opportunity to visit a brick and mortar store for a popular maker such as Alden, C&J, EG, GG, et al, I highly recommend it. Write down the names of the lasts and how they fit you. This will provide a baseline for people to try to help.

 

Fwiw I also preordered a pair on the rain last in my normal size. So fingers crossed for the both of us.

 

Oh, and please update this thread with how they fit you, it might help someone else down the line.

post #225 of 751
I really like Carmina shoes, but I'm worried I may be between their sizes. I have a pair of suede Salinger Double Monks from Epaulet, but I have to use the third button hole, which I can attest is no easy task. The shoes fit through the fore foot, but the heel slips ever slightly if I don't wear thick socks. They are 11UK, and my question is would a 10.5UK be too small? For note, I have a pair of Alfred Sargent's in 12US that fit perfectly.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official Carmina Sizing Thread