or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official Carmina Sizing Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Carmina Sizing Thread - Page 80

post #1186 of 1292

Another sizing question. I have a pair of Rain Chelseas in 10.5 UK (a bit snug in the forefoot but have broken in and work fine with thin socks). I just got in a pair of black captoes in size 11UK, Rain last as well. They are a bit roomy (the lacing panels touch) but very comfortable with minor heel slip that I think will settle in with some wear. Would 11UK in Simpson work for me? The shoes I'm looking at are suede, so they may also have a bit more give.

 

For other reference, I am a 12D Brannock and like the way size 11 fits me in the Trubalance last (Alden Indy 403s).

post #1187 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
 

Another sizing question. I have a pair of Rain Chelseas in 10.5 UK (a bit snug in the forefoot but have broken in and work fine with thin socks). I just got in a pair of black captoes in size 11UK, Rain last as well. They are a bit roomy (the lacing panels touch) but very comfortable with minor heel slip that I think will settle in with some wear. Would 11UK in Simpson work for me? The shoes I'm looking at are suede, so they may also have a bit more give.

 

For other reference, I am a 12D Brannock and like the way size 11 fits me in the Trubalance last (Alden Indy 403s).

 

I wear the same size for Rain and Simpson but given your description of how the Rain fits you, Simpson could be just the perfect fit. A bit more narrow heel and forefoot as well as a somewhat lower instep could alleviate the heel slip and the completely closed facings.

post #1188 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by dresstokill View Post

I wear the same size for Rain and Simpson but given your description of how the Rain fits you, Simpson could be just the perfect fit. A bit more narrow heel and forefoot as well as a somewhat lower instep could alleviate the heel slip and the completely closed facings.

I am thinking 11 UK, too
post #1189 of 1292
Hi everyone

I just got my first pair of Carmina's and they're a bit big. They're the whole cut size UK 7.5 in the rain last. Slightly long, heel lift, a little room across the instep. I can't decide at this point if I should sick with this style but size down to a 7UK or go with the same shoe in a 7UK inca last. Is the toe much rounder on the inca? For what its worth, I have a pair of AE Cornwallis in 8.5 E, which use the 1943 last. I'm mostly curious about the difference between rain and inca lasts and which one might be a closer match to the AE. Thanks
post #1190 of 1292

All sizes as labeled on the shoes:

 

Alden Indy Boots in CXL, Truebalance last: 10.5E

Alden Chukka, Barrie last: 10EEE

Alden Longwings, Barrie last: 10E

Carmina Chelsea Boots, Rain Last: 10EEE

 

My foot has a lot of volume, so that's why I have to go up in size in Alden chukkas. Laced shoes are easier. With Carmina Rain Last I had to do EEE and the boots are a bit tight across the instep out of the box. Hope they'll stretch with some wear!

post #1191 of 1292
Just gave a try with Rain and Simpson last. Measured 9C with a low volume low instep narrow feet. I had a Llubi Chelsea in UK7 while it should be on 6.5 but at the time Barcelona store don't have it.

To me Rain and Simpson are in same UK7 size, snug fit and could lace on well. Hope could help some thin feet users.

Hong Kong's temperature's near 92F so in shorts.

post #1192 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by galileo View Post

Just gave a try with Rain and Simpson last. Measured 9C with a low volume low instep narrow feet. I had a Llubi Chelsea in UK7 while it should be on 6.5 but at the time Barcelona store don't have it.

To me Rain and Simpson are in same UK7 size, snug fit and could lace on well. Hope could help some thin feet users.

Hong Kong's temperature's near 92F so in shorts.

I think you're in the minority there being able to wear both based on the narrowness of your feet. For us higher-instep folks Rain and Simpson are quite different. Kudos that you can wear both though.
post #1193 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawl Lapel View Post

I think you're in the minority there being able to wear both based on the narrowness of your feet. For us higher-instep folks Rain and Simpson are quite different. Kudos that you can wear both though.

Now I just wondering why Betty told me to wear 7 in Detroit, wouldn't it bit large then? Or in my case I shall take all size the same?

Additionally, is it good to half size down for double monk in Inca for snug fit?
post #1194 of 1292
Had a long discussion with Betty and Jaime to figure out my size with detailed own measurement. Turns out:

Brannock 9C (I assume 8.5C fits better for low volume & instep feet)
Rain 7
Simpson 7
Llubi 7, 6.5 actually fits better in Chelsea
Detroit 7
Inca 7 or 6.5 for monks
post #1195 of 1292
Oh well, the question of sizing! I as well have a quick one. Im a 10UK in both Loake Capital Last and Meermin Olfe. The Loake properly fits best and is a little more roomy in toe box.

How would the Rain last compare? I have the chance to buy a shell pair Carmina on Rain, but a bit hesitant due to fit.
post #1196 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by krede View Post

Oh well, the question of sizing! I as well have a quick one. Im a 10UK in both Loake Capital Last and Meermin Olfe. The Loake properly fits best and is a little more roomy in toe box.

How would the Rain last compare? I have the chance to buy a shell pair Carmina on Rain, but a bit hesitant due to fit.

My Olfe oxfords have a slightly lower instep than my Rain shells and the toe is more chiseled. Heel is also wider in Rain. I do take the same size for both though and that's what I'd recommend.
post #1197 of 1292

Anyone got a chart for measuring width? Couldn't find one for anything below men's medium(d)

post #1198 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawl Lapel View Post

My Olfe oxfords have a slightly lower instep than my Rain shells and the toe is more chiseled. Heel is also wider in Rain. I do take the same size for both though and that's what I'd recommend.

Cheers, thats very helpful.
post #1199 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by krede View Post

Cheers, thats very helpful.

You're welcome. For clarity's sake I meant that Rain's toe is more chiseled than Olfe.
post #1200 of 1292

If I am a 10 in Forest, an 11 in Simpson is no chance, right?

A store nearby has these Cognac Shell Split Toe Single monks in a Simpson 11 at a crazy discount, around 400$ (actually euros). Though I don't really fancy the thought of purchasing them, trying them out and reselling them online, would there even be an interest in this shoe? They look like these a bit

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official Carmina Sizing Thread