Hey guys I wear UK9 inca and UK9.5 rain. What size should I get for forest loafer? Many thanks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSF, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Carmina Cap Toe Oxfords In Espresso Calf - 7.5UK Last post on 12/3/16 at 12:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 9/30/16 at 5:32am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 3/24/17 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina GMTO Last post on 12/26/15 at 8:06am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Carmina Sizing Thread - Page 76post #1127 of 13261/10/16 at 4:18ampost #1128 of 13261/12/16 at 2:30ampost #1129 of 13261/13/16 at 7:16ampost #1130 of 13261/13/16 at 10:31ampost #1131 of 13261/13/16 at 11:46ampost #1132 of 13261/13/16 at 2:51pm
I can only comment on Rain and Simpson in the same size because I do not need to size up for the latter. Rain fits me well except for the heel where I also encounter some very slight heel slip - the heel on Simpson is definitely narrower and I prefer the fit overall. A bit less roomy across the instep, too.post #1133 of 13261/13/16 at 4:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by dresstokill
I can only comment on Rain and Simpson in the same size because I do not need to size up for the latter. Rain fits me well except for the heel where I also encounter some very slight heel slip - the heel on Simpson is definitely narrower and I prefer the fit overall. A bit less roomy across the instep, too.
So, to paraphrase... if your heel slips in Rain, maybe Rain is a last to avoid?post #1134 of 13261/13/16 at 6:56pmpost #1135 of 13261/14/16 at 5:26amQuote:
Simpson definitely has a narrower heel, but it also is narrower and lower at the forefoot, also lower at the instep. Alcudia is in between IMO, narrow heel and high instep. I know Inca and Rain supposedly fit similarly but I don't know how the heels compare.post #1136 of 13261/17/16 at 4:51pmI got fitted at Brooks Brothers today, and found that I am a pretty straightforward 9.5E US (which I'm assuming would make me a 8.5E UK on most Carmina lasts?).
They didn't have a great selection of shoes in different lasts to try on, but I can wear a 9D UK in Meermin. Their Ron last is one of the better fitting shoes I have, although sizing up only a half size still leave all my Meermin shoes a little narrow, while also lengthening the shoe enough that heel slippage is a problem occasionally.
The difficulty of finding elegant lasts in an E width along with wanting a better quality shoe is what is interesting me in Carmina. I emailed Meermin already with this question, but does the SF hive-mind have any advice on which lasts to seek out and which to avoid? I also have my length and width measurements if that helps.post #1137 of 13261/22/16 at 10:16ampost #1138 of 13261/22/16 at 10:29ampost #1139 of 13261/22/16 at 10:43ampost #1140 of 13261/23/16 at 3:04pmHi all!
Sorry to barge in! Looking to get into Carmina, and I was trying to figure out my size. I've mostly worn Alden on the Barrie and what drew me to Carmina was the sleekness of the lasts. Very nice.
I'm a 9.5D Barrie, what would people suggest I do for
a lace up and a loafer on the forest last
and lace up and loafer on uetam,
and lace up Soller?
From looking through the thread it looks like on most lasts id be 9UK; however, I was wondering if I should go 8.5UK for loafers on forest or uetam or stick to 9UK
Thanks in advance for your help!
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 seconds ago
- › Vancouver SF meetup -- proposed 25 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › S.E.H Kelly 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...