Would a jodhpur boot (rain last) fit nearly the same as a rain last derby? I have a higher instep so worry that it might be an issue.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSF, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Carmina Cap Toe Oxfords In Espresso Calf - 7.5UK Last post on 12/3/16 at 12:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 9/30/16 at 5:32am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/17/17 at 11:16am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina GMTO Last post on 12/26/15 at 8:06am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Carmina Sizing Thread - Page 74post #1097 of 130611/2/15 at 2:24pmpost #1098 of 130611/19/15 at 6:12ampost #1099 of 130611/19/15 at 11:21amQuote:Originally Posted by jamesksfc
Wish to order a carmina in Rain last but not sure about sizing for this brand. I wear Meermin UK 7 in Hiro last. No heel slippage but feeling snuggish at joint. Instep is fine. Should I stay in UK 7 in Rain or go half up? Is Rain last more generous than Hiro?
Thanks in advance.
Rain is wider in the toe and heel. I wouldn't go up. What joint are the Hiros snug at?post #1100 of 130611/24/15 at 11:42am
Gents, wanted to confirm something:
Which Carmina lasts offer the highest instep - Rain and/or Inca? Is there anything higher in a balmoral oxford cap toe or a double monk? And could someone please compare their Carmina insteps to other lasts such as the Alfred Sargent 109, AE 5, C&J 236.
Thank you in advance.post #1101 of 130611/25/15 at 4:41pmpost #1102 of 130611/25/15 at 4:44pmpost #1103 of 130611/25/15 at 6:42pmpost #1104 of 130611/26/15 at 8:33amQuote:
Inca is rounder in the toe box area. I wear 8 UK in both but the Rain occasionally pinches my pinky toe with it's more aggressive taper on the outside of the toe box. Inca is a slightly better fit for me and my wide feet.post #1105 of 130612/8/15 at 1:42ampost #1106 of 130612/8/15 at 6:35ampost #1107 of 130612/9/15 at 6:15pmpost #1108 of 130612/9/15 at 6:21pmpost #1109 of 130612/9/15 at 6:52pmpost #1110 of 130612/9/15 at 7:12pmQuote:
I have both. I like forest for a derby better and uetem for loafers. Uetem is a last specially designed for loafers.
It's sleeker and forest is more bulky.
Check carminas last comparison here:www.carminashoemaker.com › about-last
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › New to nice suits: athletic build fit and fabric advice please! 14 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 27 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 43 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 44 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 45 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 51 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 55 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...