or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › I don't get it, why buy a €5000 Brioni or Kiton suit when you can go bespoke?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I don't get it, why buy a €5000 Brioni or Kiton suit when you can go bespoke? - Page 16

post #226 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSS View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asian Afro View Post

I'm hoping my bespoke shoes experience won't turn into a hair loss.
When using reliable makers, mistakes (on the part of the maker) will be corrected. Don't get your panties in a wad before having a civil discussion and taking it through to a conclusion. Of course, when talking it through, dont' be unreasonable.

Since a few of the mistakes I've experienced, one thing I always do is go back over my order in detail before giving the green light to proceed. I never assume they 'just know' what I meant.

I was mostly joking. Wanted Patrick to know not everyone wanted his hair.

I've had good exchanges over e-mail with Jon Gray and I think the results won't be bad at all. These things will take several iterations to get totally right, anyways.
post #227 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Costume isn't style. I don't understand why Boardwalk Empire inspires anybody other than people who like to dress nostalgically.

I think that you are missing the point.
post #228 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred49 View Post

So why am I buying bespoke baggy pants, undies and sneakers when I can buy baggy pants from the Marky Mark Collection and have them right NOW! .....cumon cumon yeah yeah yeah

I have to assume that this was not merely a Freudian slip.
post #229 of 250
But, but ... if no one bought these suits, there will be little point to the thrifting threads.
post #230 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSS View Post

When using reliable makers, mistakes (on the part of the maker) will be corrected. Don't get your panties in a wad before having a civil discussion and taking it through to a conclusion. Of course, when talking it through, dont' be unreasonable.
Since a few of the mistakes I've experienced, one thing I always do is go back over my order in detail before giving the green light to proceed. I never assume they 'just know' what I meant.

this
post #231 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asian Afro View Post


I've had good exchanges over e-mail with Jon Gray and I think the results won't be bad at all. These things will take several iterations to get totally right, anyways.

imo, than it's only half bespoke. no offense.
post #232 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gentleman View Post

Can anyone explain this to me?

It just doesn't make sense to me
With respect, it doesn't make sense to you because you're not someone with a high net worth. People who can afford Kiton (I mean really afford, not afford buying one discount suit from here) have different priorities than you do. Time is one, and getting a bespoke suit is a process. With Kiton, they can have a beautiful suit and have it tailored a bit and be wearing it in 48 hours. Spending $5000 doesn't matter, it's like you spending $50.
post #233 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

I think that you are missing the point.

afaik, it's not the first time...
post #234 of 250
Oh man I can't wait for the bespoke to go on sale
post #235 of 250

It's in the name - that's why most prefer Brioni's over bespoke but in terms of pricing, you can have good deals with bespoke.

post #236 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinbc View Post

It's in the name - that's why most prefer Brioni's over bespoke but in terms of pricing, you can have good deals with bespoke.
Sadly, most people buying OTR or MTM don't realize that they are not really getting the tailoring that made the name Brioni.
post #237 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

I doubt that James Bond is fictional.
I went to school with James Bond. He is not fictional. Moreover, as he predates the Fleming 'invention,' he is THE James Bond in my book.
post #238 of 250
793d4aee.jpg
post #239 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsstillmatt View Post

Has anybody mentioned that James Bond is not a real person?

He's real to me, fuck you stillmatt! How dare you tread on my dreams so unsoftly, don't you know what the poet said?
post #240 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSS View Post

Sadly, most people buying OTR or MTM don't realize that they are not really getting the tailoring that made the name Brioni.

err, it doesn't matter how it started, Brioni is now known and maintain its prestige due to its ready to wear operation. Bespoke is an irrelevent part of the menswear marketplace, unlike haute couture which has at least a promotional value for womenswear (not that bespoke could compare with haute couture anyway).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › I don't get it, why buy a €5000 Brioni or Kiton suit when you can go bespoke?