or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Lost in the mail
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lost in the mail - Page 2

post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

I've always gotten my parcels by USPS.  On rare occasion, the package is damaged, but it was always delivered.  I once sent a letter USPS Express.  It was delivered, two months later.  The envelope was passed to a subcontractor.  The subs truck driver was in an accident.  The driver went to the hospital, and the truck was totaled.  The truck went to auction and was purchased by a scrap dealer.  The scrap dealer discovered the truck full of parcels and called USPS.  USPS picked up the parcels and delivered them.  USPS refunded my money.  Crazy, I know, but it has only happened once in my life.  Otherwise the Post Office has always done a good job.  Be persistent and ask USPS to put a trace on the package.

The fuck?!
post #17 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

I've always gotten my parcels by USPS.  On rare occasion, the package is damaged, but it was always delivered.  I once sent a letter USPS Express.  It was delivered, two months later.  The envelope was passed to a subcontractor.  The subs truck driver was in an accident.  The driver went to the hospital, and the truck was totaled.  The truck went to auction and was purchased by a scrap dealer.  The scrap dealer discovered the truck full of parcels and called USPS.  USPS picked up the parcels and delivered them.  USPS refunded my money.  Crazy, I know, but it has only happened once in my life.  Otherwise the Post Office has always done a good job.  Be persistent and ask USPS to put a trace on the package.

Wow. No one bothers to check the contents of the car before they sell it?
post #18 of 24
crazy story^^

and sucks for the OP. hope it turns up.
post #19 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon8 View Post

Wow. No one bothers to check the contents of the car before they sell it?

HoW can nobody at an AUTO auction notice that a postal truck IS FULL OF FUCKING PACKAGES? WTF??
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbuff View Post

HoW can nobody at an AUTO auction notice that a postal truck IS FULL OF FUCKING PACKAGES? WTF??

Subcontractor, truck must not have been marked.
post #21 of 24

It's a true story.  Happened in the summer of 2002.

post #22 of 24
Hope OP gets the package...

I personally prefer USPS whenever I order something from the US to Europe. The Priority tracking system works quite well. And I really dislike the abusive practices private couriers use with all the import duties and stuff.
post #23 of 24
Thread Starter 
I got the package.
post #24 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORE View Post

Your item may still show up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post

I have little hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post

I got the package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTukker View Post

That's a pretty amazing story.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Lost in the mail