or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPad 3 - Page 46

post #676 of 736
I had upgraded to the "new" one from 2 and it's not improved my experience. The thing gets all hot and bothered with just rdio and browsing.

Side note, is anyone else having crashing issues with the Chrome browser?
post #677 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blairh View Post

Just got my iPad 3. The difference between this screen and my original iPad is night and day. So glad I upgraded.

I thought you were planning on a Nexus 7 instead?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe View Post

I had upgraded to the "new" one from 2 and it's not improved my experience. The thing gets all hot and bothered with just rdio and browsing.

Mine doesn't really get that hot, maybe yours needs to be looked at? Warm? Sure, but not "hot." Most test reviews have shown they don't get that much more warm then the 2 did. Take it into an Apple store to get looked at.
post #678 of 736
Decided that if a new 7" iPad is in the works for ~200, I'm there.
post #679 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post

Decided that if a new 7" iPad is in the works for ~200, I'm there.

Even if you don't get to view your PDF's at a large (full) size?
post #680 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

Even if you don't get to view your PDF's at a large (full) size?

I'm going to have to just accept that. At least I know I'd be getting a high DPI display, nice processor, light weight, and not have to worry about 2 different app stores.

I'd have to pinch and zoom on a 9.7" to read my briefs anyway so yeah. And I'm sure the 12" tablets are going to be way too expensive for me for a while.
post #681 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

I thought you were planning on a Nexus 7 instead?
Mine doesn't really get that hot, maybe yours needs to be looked at? Warm? Sure, but not "hot." Most test reviews have shown they don't get that much more warm then the 2 did. Take it into an Apple store to get looked at.

I seriously considered the Nexus 7. It looks awesome. But after demoing the Kindle Fire, it was clear that the form factor was too small for magazines plus I would really prefer that almost extra 3" of screen. I am so happy with my decision. Retina display is just amazing.

I think the Nexus 7 will do well and ditto the 7.85" iPad. There is a strong market for tablets that can be used easily with one hand.
post #682 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blairh View Post

I seriously considered the Nexus 7. It looks awesome. But after demoing the Kindle Fire, it was clear that the form factor was too small for magazines plus I would really prefer that almost extra 3" of screen. I am so happy with my decision. Retina display is just amazing.

I think the Nexus 7 will do well and ditto the 7.85" iPad. There is a strong market for tablets that can be used easily with one hand.

Glad you like the iPad 3. What version did you get?

Google really needs to get out there and start advertising the Nexus 7. I have not seen much media related to the device outside of the tech blogsphere and and that can only get you so far. One advantage Amazon has is they can advertise the Fire to everyone who visits their website. That's a lot of eyeballs to catch.
post #683 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

Glad you like the iPad 3. What version did you get?
Google really needs to get out there and start advertising the Nexus 7. I have not seen much media related to the device outside of the tech blogsphere and and that can only get you so far. One advantage Amazon has is they can advertise the Fire to everyone who visits their website. That's a lot of eyeballs to catch.

I got the base model. 16 GB wi-fi no LTE. I had a gift card so it totaled to $480 when you include tax.

Yeah, the lack of Nexus 7 ads is odd now that I think about it. Maybe they will unleash an ad campaign now that it's officially available online and at retailers.
post #684 of 736
Thread Starter 
I still wish I had skipped the LTE. Been largely useless for me so far. Have needed it a total of two times since I got the tablet and they were both in the same month.

I'm wondering if Google is banking largely on the tech nerd crowd for sales? Who knows.
post #685 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

I still wish I had skipped the LTE. Been largely useless for me so far. Have needed it a total of two times since I got the tablet and they were both in the same month..

I tried to tell you...
post #686 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

I still wish I had skipped the LTE. Been largely useless for me so far. Have needed it a total of two times since I got the tablet and they were both in the same month.
I'm wondering if Google is banking largely on the tech nerd crowd for sales? Who knows.

That sucks man. Yeah, I don't recommend anyone get the LTE model unless they know for sure that they'll be using it. The way I see it, if you decide down the road that you want the LTE edition, it's pretty simple to sell your wi-fi only iPad on Craigslist and then get the LTE model.

Yeah, it's puzzling regarding the Nexus 7. My guess is that we'll see a print, tv, and online campaign by the end of the month.
post #687 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

I tried to tell you...

Yup and a lot of people told me otherwise. I went with my gut at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blairh View Post

That sucks man. Yeah, I don't recommend anyone get the LTE model unless they know for sure that they'll be using it. The way I see it, if you decide down the road that you want the LTE edition, it's pretty simple to sell your wi-fi only iPad on Craigslist and then get the LTE model.

Yeah, it's puzzling regarding the Nexus 7. My guess is that we'll see a print, tv, and online campaign by the end of the month.

I am taking a trip next week to visit DC and then the beach out in NC. Figure illmactually get some real use out of the LTE then. Will that make the extra spent worth it? Who know.

My hope is that eventually hese devices come standard with LTE radios. No up charge on the hardware as it would be a default option.
post #688 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post


My hope is that eventually hese devices come standard with LTE radios. No up charge on the hardware as it would be a default option.

I completely agree.
post #689 of 736
The lte iPad is a puzzling device. I figure anyone who owns a tablet has a smart phone that can tether legally / illegally for less than the service plan the lte iPad requires. That's how I and every one else I know does it. You always have your phone on you and can charge it in your car, office, home so battery life is not an issue.
post #690 of 736
i just got back from europe and used my wifi pad and my iphone extensively. the pad was great for longer things (and reading the paper every morning -- just download at the apartment and carry to coffee and croissant). the iphone came in really handy for a couple of great apps and for maps and location. how in the hell did we ever travel before?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home