or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPad 3 - Page 44

post #646 of 736
This case looks quite interesting - anyone tried/ heard anything?

http://9to5mac.com/2012/04/06/turn-your-ipad-into-a-netbook-sized-macbook-pro-with-this-awesome-case/
post #647 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobochobo View Post

This case looks quite interesting - anyone tried/ heard anything?
http://9to5mac.com/2012/04/06/turn-your-ipad-into-a-netbook-sized-macbook-pro-with-this-awesome-case/

That does look interesting, but also heavy.

Just an FYI for everyone but when I was at the Apple store last time I found out that if you break your iPad out of warranty, they will exchange it for you for $250. Not 100% sure if that cost is the same across all model, but it's what the rep indicated to the guy who had a broken screen.
post #648 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chobochobo View Post

This case looks quite interesting - anyone tried/ heard anything?
http://9to5mac.com/2012/04/06/turn-your-ipad-into-a-netbook-sized-macbook-pro-with-this-awesome-case/



Just an FYI for everyone but when I was at the Apple store last time I found out that if you break your iPad out of warranty, they will exchange it for you for $250. Not 100% sure if that cost is the same across all model, but it's what the rep indicated to the guy who had a broken screen.
That's if you had a warranty to begin with, right? Did the guy drop his iPad to cause the break?
post #649 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post

That's if you had a warranty to begin with, right? Did the guy drop his iPad to cause the break?

Everyone gets a 1 year warranty, but it does not cover accidental breakage. I don't believe he had bought an extended warranty and from what I heard his little kid dropped it on the floor and it broke the screen. I believe this $250 cost is similar to what Apple will do for you if you break your iPhone. In the case of the iPhone, it's $150 to exchange a broken phone (at an Apple store) for a new one. Doesn't matter if you are on a warranty or not.

As I said, I am not sure if the cost on the iPad raises if you have a high end version (64 gig with LTE) of the tablet or not, but I didn't hear anything about that. Sounded like it's $250 per broken unit.
post #650 of 736
So, I'm getting addicted to this thing. My one complaint is that the battery life sucks.
post #651 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano View Post

So, I'm getting addicted to this thing. My one complaint is that the battery life sucks.

Really? I find the battery life one of the best features. It lasts a very long time and I have yet to see it run out during the day unless I start it at less then 50% in the morning.
post #652 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

Really? I find the battery life one of the best features. It lasts a very long time and I have yet to see it run out during the day unless I start it at less then 50% in the morning.

+1. Battery life has been fine for me when I've used it throughout the day and evening.
post #653 of 736
I can't usually get through an entire day without recharging and I always start the day with 100%.
post #654 of 736
Same here, Mark from Plano. I rarely use LTE, but find that I can barely get through the day without recharging. However, this is probably compounded by the fact that I keep my screen at full brightness and stream video pretty frequently. I don't think the battery life is anything out of the ordinary. smile.gif

After having used the new iPad for a few weeks, I'd definitely say that it's a big step up from the iPad 2. The screen really is a tremendous difference, and shouldn't be underestimated.

P.S. I am not a Mac-tard.
post #655 of 736
Has anybody here used the new Paper by FiftyThree app? I just purchased the $7.99 toolkit today, and am finding it pretty enjoyable. The lack of a wrist-guard is a huge downside, although I knew what I was getting myself into. I'm buying the four "for-pay" tools now in the hopes that the developers will continue to support the app and to make it better as time goes on.
post #656 of 736
iPad sleeve anyone? spam[1].gif

xPCgll.jpg
post #657 of 736
^^^It's nice and all, but $400 for accessories is a but much for devices with short lifespans. I learned my lesson a few years back when I bought an expensive case for a phone that I kept for only a year.
post #658 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post

^^^It's nice and all, but $400 for accessories is a but much for devices with short lifespans. I learned my lesson a few years back when I bought an expensive case for a phone that I kept for only a year.

It's a sleeve. Should fit any future 10 inch iPads.
post #659 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

It's a sleeve. Should fit any future 10 inch iPads.

True, but it's still ~$400.00.
post #660 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post

True, but it's still ~$400.00.

Chrissakes!!.. that's almost as much as the iPad itself.... I suppose if one is a baller though, it has to be done.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home