or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPad 3 - Page 38

post #556 of 736

No doubt eventually they will release a 7 inch tablet.  Steve was adamantly against it ("you would have to sand down your finger to use a 7 inch tablet!"), but he was also against any dividend and we know how that went...

 

They basically have a product at every single price point (shuffle, nano, ipod, iphone, ipad, mba, mbp, etc), except the 7 inch tablet.  

 

They definitely want that marketshare--it just depends on when.  

post #557 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

You're a stubborn motherfucker Jr.Mouse

puzzled.gif
post #558 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

The good thing about going with a sleeve is your options are much more open. Lots of nice ones made out of leather and waxed cotton. Why not stay away from nylon and get something a little more substantial. It's also a better investment then a portfolio style case. Apple will always make a 10 inch tablet and any future models should fit in whatever sleeve you buy (these things get smaller and thinner over time, not larger). A portfolio case will be useless in the future if you ever decide to upgrade.
What price range are you looking to stay in?
Probably something under $70 or so, although I'd be willing to go a little higher for something nice. I've seen some nice leather ones out there, as well as some nice padded, synthetic ones. Any recommendations? smile.gif

The Incipio case someone posted earlier was actually pretty neat.
post #559 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

No doubt eventually they will release a 7 inch tablet.  Steve was adamantly against it ("you would have to sand down your finger to use a 7 inch tablet!"), but he was also against any dividend and we know how that went...

They basically have a product at every single price point (shuffle, nano, ipod, iphone, ipad, mba, mbp, etc), except the 7 inch tablet.  

They definitely want that marketshare--it just depends on when.  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslade View Post

Probably something under $70 or so, although I'd be willing to go a little higher for something nice. I've seen some nice leather ones out there, as well as some nice padded, synthetic ones. Any recommendations? smile.gif

The Incipio case someone posted earlier was actually pretty neat.

My favorite one is by Makr, but is PRICEY.

Hard Graft has some interesting ones too.

I would try Etsy too. Lots of interesting, hand made sleeves can be found for good prices. smile.gif
post #560 of 736
post #561 of 736
The next couple products from Apple....

-A 7 inch tablet
-iPhone with a 4 inch screen

AND THEY WILL BE CALLED REVOLUTIONARY!
post #562 of 736
Thread Starter 

It's Gizmodo. They lost any right to be taken seriously in regards to Apple after the whole lost iPhone 4 escapade. You do realize they have been forever banned from Apple's press conferences and don't get sent review models anymore. They have also become much more critical of Apple since then...

Gee, I wonder why?
post #563 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imhoff View Post

The next couple products from Apple....
-A 7 inch tablet
-iPhone with a 4 inch screen
AND THEY WILL BE CALLED REVOLUTIONARY!


lol, funny b/c it's true.

 

"We did it again guys (smirk), here it is, a smaller tablet, we have changed the world, AGAIN! (high fives)"

 

 

post #564 of 736
Thread Starter 
People get too caught up in Apple's marketing and PR talk. Yes they are very guilty of hyperbole, but they have also launched a fair amount of products that deserve these labels. The iPhone was a revolutionary product for it's time. So was the iPad and the original Mac.
post #565 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

People get too caught up in Apple's marketing and PR talk. Yes they are very guilty of hyperbole, but they have also launched a fair amount of products that deserve these labels. The iPhone was a revolutionary product for it's time. So was the iPad and the original Mac.

That was a revolutionary statement
post #566 of 736
Gizmodo is a complete joke of a tech site and that recently linked story is utter shite, like the rest of the site.
post #567 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

It's Gizmodo. They lost any right to be taken seriously in regards to Apple after the whole lost iPhone 4 escapade. You do realize they have been forever banned from Apple's press conferences and don't get sent review models anymore. They have also become much more critical of Apple since then...
Gee, I wonder why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blairh View Post

Gizmodo is a complete joke of a tech site and that recently linked story is utter shite, like the rest of the site.

+1 To this. Gizmodo is a laughing stock of a tech site.
post #568 of 736
Thread Starter 
Dear Rambo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blairh View Post

Gizmodo is a complete joke of a tech site and that recently linked story is utter shite, like the rest of the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imhoff View Post

+1 To this. Gizmodo is a laughing stock of a tech site.
post #569 of 736
Gizmodo is like The Onion....but way less funny.
post #570 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

My favorite one is by Makr, but is PRICEY.
Hard Graft has some interesting ones too.
I would try Etsy too. Lots of interesting, hand made sleeves can be found for good prices. smile.gif
Yeah, I've seen the Makr attache cases in past before, but they're a bit out of my price range. They're so nice, though, and is exactly what I'm looking for in a sleeve.

The Hard Graft sleeves seem pretty cool, but I'm a bit turned off by their Euro-based location. They're probably a bit overpriced as well.

The Etsy cases are no doubt very artisinal, but my experience with Etsy is pretty limited.

Have you by any chance ran into any synthetic, leather, etc. mass-produced cases in the $70-$80 range?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home