or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPad 3 - Page 35

post #511 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imhoff View Post

Go to purchase food.....walk out with an iPad3 instead. Food is overrated anyways. Hahaha.
Congrats man. Did you cancel your preorder?

Oh I bought food, just cheaper and less of it then I would have otherwise. shog[1].gif

Not yet, but thanks for the reminder!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blairh View Post

I think these are the only things I had to alter post restore: change my brightness setting, change my ringtone (and any sound setting like email, text, etc), change my wallpaper. I think that's it. Whatever the changes are they are minor.

Cool beans. I'll try this at lunch.
post #512 of 736
Thread Starter 
I forgot to mention, I did borrow my parent's old Smart Cover since they have a different case now. God those things are janky. Not impressed at all with the design and how well they stay on the iPad. Has to be one of Apple's more poorly designed offerings.
post #513 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

I forgot to mention, I did borrow my parent's old Smart Cover since they have a different case now. God those things are janky. Not impressed at all with the design and how well they stay on the iPad. Has to be one of Apple's more poorly designed offerings.
The Smart Cover is a huge disappointment for me. I'm not impressed with it at all.
post #514 of 736
Its pretty awful.
post #515 of 736
It doesn't always stay attached, which is a pain to deal with.
post #516 of 736
I have the smart cover and it's not bad. I don't have any issue with the magnets falling off but I wish it could provide more angles to prop the iPad.
post #517 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

I have the smart cover and it's not bad. I don't have any issue with the magnets falling off but I wish it could provide more angles to prop the iPad.

Agreed.

Who gets an iPad over a week after the release? Lame. tounge.gif I find it very interesting that Target had them. It seems like the box stores usually get their initial shipment and then do not see another unit for a month or more. I know with previous launches I have gone into stores a couple of weeks after a launch looking to purchase and been told they have not received anymore since the launch. Apple usually ships to their stores until they can catch up with demand.

Bought the new Apple TV yesterday. You got to love gadgets!!
post #518 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie5566 View Post

Agreed.

Who gets an iPad over a week after the release? Lame. tounge.gif I find it very interesting that Target had them. It seems like the box stores usually get their initial shipment and then do not see another unit for a month or more. I know with previous launches I have gone into stores a couple of weeks after a launch looking to purchase and been told they have not received anymore since the launch. Apple usually ships to their stores until they can catch up with demand.

Bought the new Apple TV yesterday. You got to love gadgets!!

Anyone who wants one and didn't get it at launch. wink.gif

My understanding is Apple was a lot more prepared with stock for this launch then the iPad 2. They sold 3 times as many iPads the launch weekend (3 million iPad 3 vs 1 million iPad 2), but were able to keep them from fully running out everywhere.
post #519 of 736
I'm starting to realize the iPad's purpose as strictly an unnecessary luxury. It can't ever replace the functionality (in terms of typing and using a trackpad) of a laptop, but it's very portable and perfect for on-the-go usage.

I think I'll fully appreciate it once I start traveling every single week again (goodbye using 3 bins for security scanning at the airports).
post #520 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

I'm starting to realize the iPad's purpose as strictly an unnecessary luxury. It can't ever replace the functionality (in terms of typing and using a trackpad) of a laptop, but it's very portable and perfect for on-the-go usage.
I think I'll fully appreciate it once I start traveling every single week again (goodbye using 3 bins for security scanning at the airports).

For me it's essential. For example, tomorrow I have a 10-hour meeting that'll involve looking at pages and pages of documents throughout the day. If I were to print all the documents, I'd have at least two large binders filled to capacity. I have situations similar to this, though not as extreme, on most work days, so instead of printing a forest worth of trees each week, if not each day, I just view everything from the iPad. Of course, I get the added benefit of checking SF during meetings without people noticing. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #521 of 736
Thread Starter 
Still looking for a good case. Been thinking a portfolio style that can be used as a stand is most practical. Protects the front and back. Problem is nothing I have seen really stands out to me. I would love to find one that's not cheap or faux leather or even made with a nice canvas material. Needs to be fairly thin with no need for pockets or anything like that.

Most out there are fairly ugly, IMO...

If I can't find anything I like, I plan on just getting a nice leather or waxed cotton sleeve and just use a smart cover in addition.
Edited by Jr Mouse - 3/25/12 at 12:02pm
post #522 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

I'm starting to realize the iPad's purpose as strictly an unnecessary luxury. It can't ever replace the functionality (in terms of typing and using a trackpad) of a laptop, but it's very portable and perfect for on-the-go usage.

I think I'll fully appreciate it once I start traveling every single week again (goodbye using 3 bins for security scanning at the airports).

I believe your problem is you went into the purchase wanting to use it as a laptop replacement for business. In that regards, it's not a good fit. A laptop would serve you better.

iPads are a different category of device. When you go into the purchase wanting to use it for it's strengths, it makes much more sense.
post #523 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

Still looking for a good case. Been thinking a portfolio style that can be used as a stand is most practical. Protects the front and back. Problem is nothing I have seen really stands out to me. I would love to find one that's not cheap or faux leather or even made with a nice canvas material. Needs to be fairly thin with no need for pockets or anything like that.
Most out there are fairly ugly, IMO...
If I can't find anything I like, I plan on just getting a nice leather or waxed cotton sleeve and just use a smart cover in addition.

Incipio Feather? It retains the Smart Cover in place too, so the cover doesn't fly off if you just look at it funny.

I'm planning on getting an SF Bags suede jacket for transport in a briefcase.
post #524 of 736
I used a Belkin case that I got from Target. It was $50 retail but I got it for less. All rubberized plastic, so it didn't slip. Had a few viewing options, covered the back, and was simple. You really don't need much, IMO, and lightweight is the best thing.
post #525 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

I used a Belkin case that I got from Target. It was $50 retail but I got it for less. All rubberized plastic, so it didn't slip. Had a few viewing options, covered the back, and was simple. You really don't need much, IMO, and lightweight is the best thing.

It's SF and all, but I apologize for asking for some options that look good and are made out of nice materials. Won't happen again.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home