or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPad 3 - Page 3

post #31 of 736
Thread Starter 
http://www.theverge.com/2012/3/3/2840897/ipad-3-pricing-lineup-to-stay-the-course

Rumors on pricing and they believe it indicates we won't see a cheaper iPad2 being sold along with the iPad3. I don't buy this. Apple has to know the $499 price point is too high to reach market saturation. They need to hit $399 as a minimum with $299 being ideal. Selling iPad2's at these prices would cause the iPad to reach even more explosive growth.

It's also important to do it now. While the Android platform on tablets (unlike the phones) has largely been a failure in comparison to the iPad, Windows 8 is coming. That's the real danger to tablet dominance that Apple faces. I believe that they know how important it is to strike a fatel blow using pricing before Microsoft launched their tablet initiative.
post #32 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDT View Post

I never saw the point of camping out just to be first to get a tech item. It's not like a one-off concert or something, where tickets are available for one day only, there will be plenty more of the things. I always wait a month or so with new tech, let Apple or whomever get any bugs or problems sorted out.

Me neither, although the people that do seem to get hooked up-Sponsors, food, 15 minutes of fame. I suppose it is not bad if you have nothing else going on in life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post

I need to replace my original version, badly, but I'll wait a month or so if I have to. I can't suffer standing in line for one.

What's with your original? I too have the original and it still works great. I just want a bump in features.
post #33 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

http://www.theverge.com/2012/3/3/2840897/ipad-3-pricing-lineup-to-stay-the-course
Rumors on pricing and they believe it indicates we won't see a cheaper iPad2 being sold along with the iPad3. I don't buy this. Apple has to know the $499 price point is too high to reach market saturation. They need to hit $399 as a minimum with $299 being ideal. Selling iPad2's at these prices would cause the iPad to reach even more explosive growth.
It's also important to do it now. While the Android platform on tablets (unlike the phones) has largely been a failure in comparison to the iPad, Windows 8 is coming. That's the real danger to tablet dominance that Apple faces. I believe that they know how important it is to strike a fatel blow using pricing before Microsoft launched their tablet initiative.

I wonder if the iPad 2 will still exhist. They are clearing them out at most stores I have been to. A cheaper iPad makes sense since it is still one of the most expensive iPads on the market.
post #34 of 736
post #35 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post

I hope this is true because my current iPad is on it's last leg. I need another asap, but want the iPad 3 or whatever it'll be called.

really? wth did you do with it?
post #36 of 736
Saw someone asking whats the point of standing online

I have a buddy that hires 5 - 10 mexicans, then an acquaintance or someone who he trusts to stand on line with this hired help. The trusted person holds the cash to cover the 2 per person limit they usually have, and with this system he makes a couple grand doing basically no work flipping them on ebay/craigslist the next day.
post #37 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

Saw someone asking whats the point of standing online

I have a buddy that hires 5 - 10 mexicans, then an acquaintance or someone who he trusts to stand on line with this hired help. The trusted person holds the cash to cover the 2 per person limit they usually have, and with this system he makes a couple grand doing basically no work flipping them on ebay/craigslist the next day.

Your buddy is an asshole.
post #38 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

Your buddy is an asshole.

Sounds like a smart guy.

The people buying the iPads at inflated prices are retarded. He's only supplying demand and profiting from it.
post #39 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Sounds like a smart guy.

The people buying the iPads at inflated prices are retarded. He's only supplying demand and profiting from it.

The guy's an asshole. All these people who buy large amounts of stock to flip at these inflated prices are. It's one of the reasons the prices get so inflated in the first place.
post #40 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

The guy's an asshole. All these people who buy large amounts of stock to flip at these inflated prices are. It's one of the reasons the prices get so inflated in the first place.

I really doubt that guys like him are buying so many iPads so as to reduce supply in the regular market and raise prices.

These guys probably comprise less than 1% of iPad buyers and honestly, they're just selling them to people who will buy them at these prices.

There is absolutely no reason why someone cannot wait a couple days or weeks to get the iPad at the regular price.

People are just fucking impatient and some guys want to take advantage of that. Nothing wrong with that, in my opinion.
post #41 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post


There is absolutely no reason why someone cannot wait a couple days or weeks to get the iPad at the regular price.
post #42 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie5566 View Post


What's with your original? I too have the original and it still works great. I just want a bump in features.
It often blacks out, then returns to the home screen. Started doing this several months back, and is now happening with greater frequency. It's very annoying because you're in the middle of reading or doing something, and without warning the screen goes black.
post #43 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

really? wth did you do with it?

I use it a lot, but no abuse. It's never been dropped or anything like that.
post #44 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

I really doubt that guys like him are buying so many iPads so as to reduce supply in the regular market and raise prices.

These guys probably comprise less than 1% of iPad buyers and honestly, they're just selling them to people who will buy them at these prices.

There is absolutely no reason why someone cannot wait a couple days or weeks to get the iPad at the regular price.

People are just fucking impatient and some guys want to take advantage of that. Nothing wrong with that, in my opinion.

To be clear, I am not talking about people who manage to buy one or two extra ones to flip and hopefully pay for the hardware they will keep. That's fine and I could care less. More power to them. My concern are these fuckers who buy up large amounts of stock and see it as a side business. Look around on Slickdeals around the launch of "hot" hardware. You see these guys posting photos of their hauls and bragging about it. Some of them manage to score 20 to 50 each to flip at high mark-ups on Ebay and Craigslist. They are assholes as far as I am concerned.

Yes, anyone who buys them at these high mark-ups is an idiot. No disagreement from me on that.
post #45 of 736
I'll let my buddy know that you think he's an asshole, i'm sure it'll mean a lot to him.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home