Originally Posted by JMRouse
1. Just for YouTube: You can't load a range of qualities (and inexplicably, you can turn HQ off in the web version but not the app version?). You can't link to specific times in a video. On the web version, you can't even show all the videos from the posters you're subscribed to.
2. This isn't just Hulu.
3. If the site programmer was thoughtful enough to include it, which is hardly always the case.
4. Large parts of the internet still use it :. not the optimal browsing experience.
5. What IM app do you use? Last time I tried to use AIM, it forced you to be logged in all the time you had the program, which is self-evidently preposterous.
I mean seriously, I just
tried this. Loaded aldaily.com in one tab, opened a story from National Review in another tab, switched back to aldaily and it had to reload.
7. Um, I haven't seen a popup in years with Firefox.
It doesn't even matter if these problems can be worked around. It's hardly the oft-quoted "optimal browsing experience".Edited by dusty - 3/9/12 at 7:35pm