or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPad 3 - Page 9

post #121 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post

Just wait until you set foot in an Apple store and have to deal with their staff. You'll swear off Apple for another 20 years.

But.....they are geniuses....
post #122 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

I'm on the fence about ordering the 32 gig with LTE or the 64 gig that's Wi-FI only. Before anyone says it, I don't want to spend anymore then this so it's one or the other. I think the extra 32 gigs could be nice, but so would having LTE on the go. I was talking to a friend last night who has the iPad 2 and he mentioned how he never needs 3G on it.
What's your guys experience who own an older iPad? Do you find you use 3G a lot? Worth the extra up front and monthly cost? I have an iPhone so it's not like I would be without the ability to check my email on the go.

I think most people under use the 3G/4G.

And think about it, 3G adds at least 360 a year to the cost, that's a big fixed cost.
post #123 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post

Just wait until you set foot in an Apple store and have to deal with their staff. You'll swear off Apple for another 20 years.

Not sure if you are being serious? I have had fantastic experiences with the staff at Apple stores. Far better then any other retail electronics/computer store. Not even a contest when it comes to putting up with the staff at wireless carrier's stores... Sure not all my experiences with Apple have been perfect, but generally they are ace in my book.
post #124 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post

I think most people under use the 3G/4G.

And think about it, 3G adds at least 360 a year to the cost, that's a big fixed cost.

I agree it's a big cost, but it's not fixed. You can cancel it anytime because it's not on contract. My sister's family has one and they only sign up for 3G when they know they are taking a trip out of town. Otherwise it's wi-fi only.
post #125 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imhoff View Post

But.....they are geniuses....

Fuck me.... I was ready to kill the other day... they kept telling me "well, you have to go talk to the geniuses, the geniuses need to look at that."
Why in God's name would I need the "geniuses" to exchange a clearly broken item?
post #126 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

I agree it's a big cost, but it's not fixed. You can cancel it anytime because it's not on contract. My sister's family has one and they only sign up for 3G when they know they are taking a trip out of town. Otherwise it's wi-fi only.

Why not pick up a mifi device?
post #127 of 736
I GOT MY PREORDER IN LAST NIGHT JR. MOUSE. WHAT'S TAKING YOU SO LONG???

For those of you with a Discover, you get 5% cashback if you go through Discover.com
post #128 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

Not sure if you are being serious? I have had fantastic experiences with the staff at Apple stores. Far better then any other retail electronics/computer store. Not even a contest when it comes to putting up with the staff at wireless carrier's stores... Sure not all my experiences with Apple have been perfect, but generally they are ace in my book.

Not joking at all. They are hands down the worse people on earth. I've had better customer experiences buying drugs in the tenderloin residential hotels at 3 am (0).
post #129 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post

Fuck me.... I was ready to kill the other day... they kept telling me "well, you have to go talk to the geniuses, the geniuses need to look at that."
Why in God's name would I need the "geniuses" to exchange a clearly broken item?

Because they are the only ones allowed to review the product and do that type of exchange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post

Why not pick up a mifi device?

I can always tether it to my iPhone 4, so that's not the issue. In fact the next iPhone should have LTE too so I would get that. Basically it boils down to the fact that if I want to spend an extra $130 on the device upfront and not have to worry about all that.

I would guess most iPad owners have a smartphone that can tether and become a wi-fi hotspot. The 3G versions sell well, so I can't be the only one who thinks it might be worth the extra cost.

Still considering it. I'm actually now thinking that if I don't do LTE, I may still get the 32 gig and pocket the extra change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

I GOT MY PREORDER IN LAST NIGHT JR. MOUSE. WHAT'S TAKING YOU SO LONG???

Shut your trap.
post #130 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post

Not joking at all. They are hands down the worse people on earth. I've had better customer experiences buying drugs in the tenderloin residential hotels at 3 am (0).

Man, I would feel bad for you if you ever had to get something fixed at Best Buy if you feel that way about Apple. Best Buy's customer service is the 5th layer of Hell.
post #131 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

Man, I would feel bad for you if you ever had to get something fixed at Best Buy if you feel that way about Apple. Best Buy's customer service is the 5th layer of Hell.

But......they are the Geek Squad....
post #132 of 736
Well, I decided to pre-order for arrival on the 16th. Black, 32 4G with black cover. My current one is 64 and way too much, I have 44GB unused.
post #133 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

What's your guys experience who own an older iPad? Do you find you use 3G a lot? Worth the extra up front and monthly cost? I have an iPhone so it's not like I would be without the ability to check my email on the go.

Only you know how/if you will use the cellular connection. The good thing about 3G/4G on an iPad is that it's so easy to sign up and cancel as you please. No contracts, no pressure, no waste of money.

But I wouldn't get a 3G/4G iPad unless I knew I'd use that feature potentially down the road (or if I was rich and money wasn't an issue).
post #134 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blairh View Post

Only you know how/if you will use the cellular connection. The good thing about 3G/4G on an iPad is that it's so easy to sign up and cancel as you please. No contracts, no pressure, no waste of money.

But I wouldn't get a 3G/4G iPad unless I knew I'd use that feature potentially down the road (or if I was rich and money wasn't an issue).

I do wish it was possible to sign up for a plan that only charged you for the data used. No billing, unless the 3G/4G activates and you are billed per megabyte then. Make it seemless and easy to check you use as you go. That would be fantastic.
post #135 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

I GOT MY PREORDER IN LAST NIGHT JR. MOUSE. WHAT'S TAKING YOU SO LONG???
For those of you with a Discover, you get 5% cashback if you go through Discover.com


Thanks for telling mew now! That would have covered some of the taxes...

 

~Kurt

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home