or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › 73 jaguar xj6 - looking to buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

73 jaguar xj6 - looking to buy

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
has anyone had any experience with this particular vehicle? I am going to take a look at one with a 350 chevy engine and GM tranny. happy.gif
it is a beaut. foo.gif
post #2 of 8
who did the work? is it restored? are there electrical issues - or more likely, what electrical issues does it have?
post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yirayira View Post

who did the work? is it restored? are there electrical issues - or more likely, what electrical issues does it have?

no electrical issues, no ac though foo.gif
post #4 of 8
In that setup, rust is your only worry. Be sure to check that the car isnt made up out of plaster.
post #5 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nootje View Post

In that setup, rust is your only worry. Be sure to check that the car isnt made up out of plaster.

i doubt theres rust, its a california car.

MCjUw.jpg

LsTDm.jpg
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybear View Post

i doubt theres rust, its a california car.
MCjUw.jpg
LsTDm.jpg

Still, its better to check. With the transmission being GM another weak point has already been eliminated. Another one is the gearbox, those fuckers cost over 2k here. Otherwise, I dont why you shouldnt..

I wish I could do the same, but with the miles i'm making on a yearly basis (35K) and our weather its not doable...
post #7 of 8
did you get the car?
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by yirayira View Post

did you get the car?
+1. An update, please?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › 73 jaguar xj6 - looking to buy