or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Best Dressed at Oscars?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Dressed at Oscars? - Page 5

post #61 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selvedged View Post

I have to be honest: when I first clicked on this thread I simply said "these guys have got to be shitting me". I mean come on, a thread about men here commenting on the best dressed at the oscars?

You are going to get along just fine around here.
post #62 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

Brad Pitt was in Tom Ford as well... maybe that's what you meant by Brad Cooper??
Brad-Pitt-Angelina-Jolie-at-2012-Oscars-17-435x580.jpg
2btv1j.jpg
post #63 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selvedged View Post

I have to be honest: when I first clicked on this thread I simply said "these guys have got to be shitting me". I mean come on, a thread about men here commenting on the best dressed at the oscars?

You're posting on a men's fashion forum. Embrace the ghey.

This thread has me wanting to buy a tux. I want to wear one for my wedding, so I should just buy one.
post #64 of 213
Love the JLC Memovox.
post #65 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by apropos View Post

It's a JLC Memovox Tribute to Deep Sea... look carefully at the bezel.
Anyway, what this thread proves is that midnight blue certainly does not look 'blacker than black' under artificial lighting. Always thought that theory was full of shit anyway.

LOVE That watch, and would be very useful for me. Hmmm. I'm not hugely familiar with JLC how does it stack up in the watch world compared to known entities such as Omega, Rolex, IWC, Patek, etc.?
post #66 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selvedged View Post

I have to be honest: when I first clicked on this thread I simply said "these guys have got to be shitting me". I mean come on, a thread about men here commenting on the best dressed at the oscars?

did you come in wanting to talk about what the ladies wore?
post #67 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

did you come in wanting to talk about what the ladies wore?

i assume this belongs in the would you hit it string...
post #68 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

Clooney is good-looking, successful, and slays more ass in a month than Reborn has in his life. Therefore Clooney must be gay. nod[1].gif Don't worry, let Rebprn get some confidence under his belt and he'll drop this schtick.

Except those persistent rumors about it, the string of D list actresses/model beards(Kelly Preston who landed the biggest gay of them all! Oh wait, I guess you think Travolta is straight also??), and the fact that everyone I know who has worked for gossip magazines admits it's a pretty known thing.

I was just making a passing joke about it because many people totally buy into the playboy image he has crafted for himself. Who really gives a shit if he's gay or not, it was just a joke.
post #69 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

+1 to the frenchman

Fail on the watch, well done on the rest though
post #70 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGrotius View Post

LOVE That watch, and would be very useful for me. Hmmm. I'm not hugely familiar with JLC how does it stack up in the watch world compared to known entities such as Omega, Rolex, IWC, Patek, etc.?

Broadly speaking, not as nice as PP, but nicer than IWC/Rolex/Omega.
post #71 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

Another view:
28-1330332148.jpg

Excellent. Worth a requote.
post #72 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianiceman View Post

Hanks loses points for having vents.
Clooney was a mess - notches, two buttons fastened, same point collar with too many studs, no breast pocket, flaps ...
Firth's lapels far too wide but that's TF for ya
Pitt as usual with puddles round his ankles
Crystal's white tie was a mess, waistcoat all wrong, needed a wing collar
His black tie was too shiney with dodgy looking lapels
Bradley Cooper looked good but needs a shave

without getting into what i do or dont agree with, here is what i dont get. they are all likely getting dressed by the highest level designers and tailors, who all know how a suit should properly fit. why are they all not spot on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

You're posting on a men's fashion forum. Embrace the ghey.
This thread has me wanting to buy a tux. I want to wear one for my wedding, so I should just buy one.

+1 to all. defo get a tux. i dont have one and wish i had gotten one.
post #73 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

You're posting on a men's fashion forum. Embrace the ghey.
This thread has me wanting to buy a tux. I want to wear one for my wedding, so I should just buy one.

Yes, FLM, buy a tux for your big day. Have one made.
post #74 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffsWood View Post

Fail on the watch, well done on the rest though

+1. I don't like watches with a tux.
post #75 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

without getting into what i do or dont agree with, here is what i dont get. they are all likely getting dressed by the highest level designers and tailors, who all know how a suit should properly fit. why are they all not spot on?
+1 to all. defo get a tux. i dont have one and wish i had gotten one.

Not sure if you're genuinely curious or having a go at me, but ...

I think a lot of celebs are just not that arsed about dressing well and not interested in conforming to what we think of as traditional black tie. Remember that scene on Entourage when Vince was going on the Jimmy Kimmel show and said he didn't even own a suit? Art imitating life?

Also, take a look at what a sad set of schlubs and ponces a lot of these designers are. Simon Noonan with his vomit shirts. That George Greeksurname on the Joan Rivers show. Plus, as black tie has been largely prescribed for a hundred years or whatever, these designers have to put their spin on it, hence Ford's huge lapels or whoever did Clooney forgetting to do a breast pocket etc.

My mate's girl knows Brad Pitt and says he's an archetypal sixties stoner hippie - hardly the kind of person you expect to follow black tie tradition to the letter. Much easier to get Tom or Giorgio to send a driver round with a few free samples and if they fit reasonably well, job's a goodun!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Best Dressed at Oscars?