or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Business Card Design
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Business Card Design

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
I'm getting some business cards made that I'll be using at accounting recruiting events. Does anyone have any design suggestions?

I've heard of some people buying a domain and uploading their resume to it. If I were to do this, would it make sense to include the url on the business card with the rest of my contact information?
post #2 of 12
It even has a watermark.
post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
228
post #4 of 12

http://us.moo.com/ for cheap cards.

 

Buy the domain of your name and park your contact info and resume there.

 

lefty 

post #5 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

http://us.moo.com/ for cheap cards.

Buy the domain of your name and park your contact info and resume there.

lefty 

Okay I'll look into them. I just discovered that plastic business cards are a thing. They look so cool.
post #6 of 12
If you want something super high quality and embossed / letterpressed on thick ass paperstock

http://yhst-28030640693459.stores.yahoo.net/calling-cards.html

actually pretty affordable but the turnaround time is unpredictable
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenanyu View Post

If you want something super high quality and embossed / letterpressed on thick ass paperstock
http://yhst-28030640693459.stores.yahoo.net/calling-cards.html
actually pretty affordable but the turnaround time is unpredictable

Nice site. Have you used them?
post #8 of 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenanyu View Post

If you want something super high quality and embossed / letterpressed on thick ass paperstock
http://yhst-28030640693459.stores.yahoo.net/calling-cards.html
actually pretty affordable but the turnaround time is unpredictable


Thanks for the link, I sent them an email. I found a company that uses a thick paper similar to that, they charged over $1 a card though! I thought I might as well hand $1 bills to people, they would remember more than if I just gave them my card!! Haha.

post #9 of 12

check out http://www.cardsmadeeasy.com/

 

I went here for my business cards :) They turned out very well and the team there were really helpfull in what I should put on my business card :)

post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamc68 View Post

check out http://www.cardsmadeeasy.com/

 

I went here for my business cards :) They turned out very well and the team there were really helpfull in what I should put on my business card :)

 

How thick is the paper? I want THICK!!! They have 360gsm paper, no idea what that means, also I;m not sure whether to pick matte or gloss

post #11 of 12
I make my own on quality cardstock. I've got about five different designs that I keep for different circumstances. I made them in Indesign. It's easy to do if you have a paper cutter and don't need a large volume of them.
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post


How thick is the paper? I want THICK!!! They have 360gsm paper, no idea what that means, also I;m not sure whether to pick matte or gloss

Use moo.com as linked above.

Their cards are very thick, almost plastic-like. No chance of edge wear or creasing from storage. Their default soft-touch matte finish is very nice too.

My only issues:
- Non-standard sizing. Good, because they can't get lost in a pile. Bad, because you are forced to use their business card holders.
- Digital print process. Good for most usage but not as sharp as traditional 4-color.

They also have a new luxury line which looks amazing and is even thicker. Definitely getting those for my next run.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Business, Careers & Education
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Business Card Design