or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The New, Official, 10th year anniversary
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New, Official, 10th year anniversary - Page 8

post #106 of 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition View Post

Anyone talk to Taylor Stitch?

Another purveyor of mediocrity. It's more "shtick" than "stitch"
They claim to do bespoke shirts. Look at the shirts in the photos.
They could be from Nordstrom's . And the "Share Your Wear"
section of the website. Would a serious bespoke and "quality"
RTW operation provide such an opportunity for their poorly-groomed
clientele to display their poor taste? Can you imagine, Finamore,
T&A, or Charvet presenting such an image? I know that Taylor
Stitch doesn't pretend to be in their league, but at least they don't have to
endorse the sloveliness that abounds in our area.
post #107 of 951
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post

Just checked their website. It looks like the usual costumey crap that passes
for "interesting" clothing in San Francisco. Just a bunch of girls playing dress-up
while working on their social media killer-apps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post

Another purveyor of mediocrity. It's more "shtick" than "stitch"
They claim to do bespoke shirts. Look at the shirts in the photos.
They could be from Nordstrom's . And the "Share Your Wear"
section of the website. Would a serious bespoke and "quality"
RTW operation provide such an opportunity for their poorly-groomed
clientele to display their poor taste? Can you imagine, Finamore,
T&A, or Charvet presenting such an image? I know that Taylor
Stitch doesn't pretend to be in their league, but at least they don't have to
endorse the sloveliness that abounds in our area.


Hehe. Well, I hope that you come and enjoy yourself. If you feel the need to vomit, there is a ladies restroom on the ground level.
post #108 of 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Hehe. Well, I hope that you come and enjoy yourself. If you feel the need to vomit, there is a ladies restroom on the ground level.

Of course I'll come. I seldom miss a Meet-Up.
As for vomiting... I live in the Bay Area. Based
I what I see being worn, I'd be vomiting all the time.
No, I'll just sneer. As for the ladies restroom, not to worry.
My former predilection has been "cured" by counseling.
post #109 of 951
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post

Of course I'll come. I seldom miss a Meet-Up.
As for vomiting... I live in the Bay Area. Based
I what I see being worn, I'd be vomiting all the time.
No, I'll just sneer. As for the ladies restroom, not to worry.
My former predilection has been "cured" by counseling.

You'll probably enjoy the screening of O'Mast, but on day 2, you'll probably have to keep your eyes averted from the custom jeansmakers and go straight to Joe Hemranjani's set up, or Leathersoul's. Of course, if the Self Edge and Leather Soul collaboration is there, all bets are off. We'll be serving drinks, so maybe a whiskey, neat, at noon, will take the edge off.
post #110 of 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

You'll probably enjoy the screening of O'Mast, but on day 2, you'll probably have to keep your eyes averted from the custom jeansmakers and go straight to Joe Hemranjani's set up, or Leathersoul's. Of course, if the Self Edge and Leather Soul collaboration is there, all bets are off. We'll be serving drinks, so maybe a whiskey, neat, at noon, will take the edge off.

could use that right now. Drove to Boise instead of flying. Last time i do that, Yellowstone or not. Looking forward to getting measured by Jack knife
post #111 of 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

could use that right now. Drove to Boise instead of flying. Last time i do that, Yellowstone or not. Looking forward to getting measured by Jack knife

did you stop at Yellowstone?
post #112 of 951

Quote:

Originally Posted by comrade View Post

Just checked their website. It looks like the usual costumey crap that passes
for "interesting" clothing in San Francisco. Just a bunch of girls playing dress-up
while working on their social media killer-apps.


Were they wearing summer scarves in the pics?

 

I've only popped by once but they hand make beaver felt hats in whatever style you like. Expensive, but seem to be well made.

 

lefty

 

 

 

post #113 of 951
Heh, well Comrade, they make a decent play shirt. Work shirt, maybe not so much. I think Modern Tailor will be there, though.
post #114 of 951
So, these tailors that are coming....how do they measure your pants?

post #115 of 951
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition View Post

Heh, well Comrade, they make a decent play shirt. Work shirt, maybe not so much. I think Modern Tailor will be there, though.

To clarify, Joe Hemranjani of Mytailor, not Modern Tailor, will be there. They are fine outfits, but considerably different, and are priced accordingly. Mytailor (you can go to the site at www.mytailor.com,) is more of a touring outfit, and they offer a larger selection of high quality shirting and suiting fabric. For example, they carry Lesser&Sons and Holland and Sherry books for suiting. Of course, the prices are accordingly higher.

It really depends what you are looking for. We are looking forward to seeing Joe on the site more regularly in the near future.

Cheers,

Fok.
post #116 of 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

So, these tailors that are coming....how do they measure your pants?

laugh.gif i love that scene.
post #117 of 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

Quote:


Were they wearing summer scarves in the pics?

I've only popped by once but they hand make beaver felt hats in whatever style you like. Expensive, but seem to be well made.

lefty



I just want to indicated that I am exercising unusual self-restraint in not launching into a "Beaver" pun about the hat ladies.
post #118 of 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

You'll probably enjoy the screening of O'Mast, but on day 2, you'll probably have to keep your eyes averted from the custom jeansmakers and go straight to Joe Hemranjani's set up, or Leathersoul's. Of course, if the Self Edge and Leather Soul collaboration is there, all bets are off. We'll be serving drinks, so maybe a whiskey, neat, at noon, will take the edge off.

Leather Soul? A deeply personal disappointment.
As soon as I got to LA last year I braved the parking
conundrum around Rodeo Drive and popped into
the store while my long-suffering wife drove around
looking for a spot. WIthin seconds I learned from the
attentive staff that they didn't carry 3EEE. No
need to park. Beautiful shoes. Perhaps, I'll get a pair
for display purposes.
post #119 of 951

Quote:

Originally Posted by comrade View Post

I just want to indicated that I am exercising unusual self-restraint in not launching into a "Beaver" pun about the hat ladies.


Your maturity and constraint is appreciated.

 

lefty

 

post #120 of 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post

Just checked their website. It looks like the usual costumey crap that passes
for "interesting" clothing in San Francisco. Just a bunch of girls playing dress-up
while working on their social media killer-apps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post

Another purveyor of mediocrity. It's more "shtick" than "stitch"
They claim to do bespoke shirts. Look at the shirts in the photos.
They could be from Nordstrom's . And the "Share Your Wear"
section of the website. Would a serious bespoke and "quality"
RTW operation provide such an opportunity for their poorly-groomed
clientele to display their poor taste? Can you imagine, Finamore,
T&A, or Charvet presenting such an image? I know that Taylor
Stitch doesn't pretend to be in their league, but at least they don't have to
endorse the sloveliness that abounds in our area.

Oh, Roger... I've met the folks from both shops. Both the owners and their products impressed me. They don't have the heritage or knowledge of Charvet, etc, but they are dedicated to building building these things in their businesses. More importantly, perhaps, their ability to reach young people means that they're rebuilding lost heritage, knowledge, and taste in society. For that, I'm thankful.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The New, Official, 10th year anniversary