or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What are these shoes (esp. for those that live in Sydney or like Hugo Boss)?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What are these shoes (esp. for those that live in Sydney or like Hugo Boss)?

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 

Who wants to be my favourite person? And probably lives in Sydney? Or perhaps anywhere.

 

I just flew back from Sydney, armed with the name of a Hugo Boss shoe that I found in two stores, and now want to buy online... Except, I cannot find it at all online. I only glimpsed the name on the box, so maybe I got it wrong :(.

 

The Hugo Boss websiteS sucks a great deal as well.

 

I'll give as many details as possible.... and hopefully someone can help me out.

 

Details:

Hugo Boss brand

In David Jones Westfield Pitt St and Hugo Boss Westfield Pitt St (25th Feb)

Medium brown

They have the patterened holes thing on the toe of the shoe. IIRC they don't have a line of the patterened holes though -< just a design on the toe area. I don't believe it had patterened holes anywhere else.

They were a fairly normal looking pair of shoes otherwise.

David Jones had the size 7 on display, and I think Hugo Boss had the size 8 on display.

The Hugo Boss store had two brown leather shoes on the one shelf, the other model was the Bolio, which is http://store-us.hugoboss.com/mens-dress-shoes/bolio-dress-shoes/hbna50213034,en_US,pd.html (but didn't fit quite as well, wasn't quite the brown that I wanted, and doesn't look quite as nice).

 

I THOUGHT the model was was Cerabra, but I just can't find it, or anything with a similar name, anywhere online: Google, google image, hugo boss * 6 nationalities websites, amazon.com/.co.uk, 3 Ebays. Just no luck whatsoever.

 

I am willing enough to pay full-retail, if I can't find it online.... but, I don't know if I can't find it online because I have the name wrong, or if it's an old model, or what the story is. Any help would be more than super appreciated. Pretty please :).

 

Thanks heaps

 

post #2 of 24

Hey teacher! I'm in australia and am going to a myer which apparently sells hugo boss tomorow so I'll have a look for you! and If you still haven't found out by wednesday I'll be at westfield that has a david jones so I'll check that out too!

post #3 of 24
Thread Starter 


Thanks heaps. Nowhere in SA sells these shoes.... and I don't want to ring up Hugo Boss and ask, because they guy already 'held' them for me for the rest of the day, but I never ended up coming back. Also, as you can see, my description is quite vague !

 

To be fair, I did intend to buy them from that store, but wanted to check out Josephs first..... and then I couldn't get back to the Hugo Boss shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybear View Post

Hey teacher! I'm in australia and am going to a myer which apparently sells hugo boss tomorow so I'll have a look for you! and If you still haven't found out by wednesday I'll be at westfield that has a david jones so I'll check that out too!



 

 

post #4 of 24

If I head in to the city on thurs I'll have a look for you.

Funnily enough I'm heading to Adelaide this weekend too.

I'll send you a PM if I do head in and maybe I can video call you at the store :)

post #5 of 24
Thread Starter 

Thanks fueltank.. I'll PM you.

post #6 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher2 View Post

Who wants to be my favourite person? And probably lives in Sydney? Or perhaps anywhere.

I just flew back from Sydney, armed with the name of a Hugo Boss shoe that I found in two stores, and now want to buy online... Except, I cannot find it at all online. I only glimpsed the name on the box, so maybe I got it wrong frown.gif.

The Hugo Boss websiteS sucks a great deal as well.

I'll give as many details as possible.... and hopefully someone can help me out.

Details:
Hugo Boss brand
In David Jones Westfield Pitt St and Hugo Boss Westfield Pitt St (25th Feb)
Medium brown
They have the patterened holes thing on the toe of the shoe. IIRC they don't have a line of the patterened holes though -< just a design on the toe area. I don't believe it had patterened holes anywhere else.
They were a fairly normal looking pair of shoes otherwise.
David Jones had the size 7 on display, and I think Hugo Boss had the size 8 on display.
The Hugo Boss store had two brown leather shoes on the one shelf, the other model was the Bolio, which is http://store-us.hugoboss.com/mens-dress-shoes/bolio-dress-shoes/hbna50213034,en_US,pd.html (but didn't fit quite as well, wasn't quite the brown that I wanted, and doesn't look quite as nice).

I THOUGHT the model was was Cerabra, but I just can't find it, or anything with a similar name, anywhere online: Google, google image, hugo boss * 6 nationalities websites, amazon.com/.co.uk, 3 Ebays. Just no luck whatsoever.

I am willing enough to pay full-retail, if I can't find it online.... but, I don't know if I can't find it online because I have the name wrong, or if it's an old model, or what the story is. Any help would be more than super appreciated. Pretty please smile.gif.

Thanks heaps

Hi mate,
Australia is always one season behind.So you will not find your model on HB website ! I am in Sydney. HB shoes are ripoff at the store. I think they are $400+ for most styles. Most HB shoes are corrected grain. I think you will be better off spending your money online.Good luck !
post #7 of 24
Thread Starter 

I think the HB ones were $550? The Bolio was $550 (I think), but US$295 on the US HB website. what a ripoff.

 

Pity I can't find the style I want on the US/UK/French/Austrian/Etc Hugo Boss website (though, it might not help that I don't quite know the style name)

 

I was hoping to spend up to $400.... but, these were the best fitting/looking shoes that I could find.

 

A handgrade Church (think it was Church?) was mayyybe nicer looking, but at $950, I couldn't even justify trying it on.

post #8 of 24
You'll get better and cheaper shoes online from pedi wear or herring.
post #9 of 24
Thread Starter 

Can't find a pair that fits me well, and is Brown.

 

Haven't had an awful lot of time to look (given I'm in Adelaide)... but I have shopped around Sydney on two different occasions (once was quite a lot in two days, then this time was quite a lot in one day)....

 

The Loakes all seem too narrow. The C&Js seem too hard to get. I didn't see many Grenson/Churches (in fact, I think I only saw Churches in Josephs, and Grenson's nowhere?)

 

I really, really want to try on shoes before buying them -< given that I have crappy feet/ankles.

post #10 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher2 View Post

I think the HB ones were $550? The Bolio was $550 (I think), but US$295 on the US HB website. what a ripoff.

Pity I can't find the style I want on the US/UK/French/Austrian/Etc Hugo Boss website (though, it might not help that I don't quite know the style name)

I was hoping to spend up to $400.... but, these were the best fitting/looking shoes that I could find.

A handgrade Church (think it was Church?) was mayyybe nicer looking, but at $950, I couldn't even justify trying it on.

Endless.com has twice a year designer shoes sale. All HB were 50% on last December sale. Wait till end of June for their half yearly sale. HB full retail price in Australia is complete rip off. Also church buy form the net…half what they charge at Josephs ! Have I said the guys in Joseph Pitt st store are complete A*hole ?
post #11 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post

Endless.com has twice a year designer shoes sale. All HB were 50% on last December sale. Wait till end of June for their half yearly sale. HB full retail price in Australia is complete rip off. Also church buy form the net…half what they charge at Josephs ! Have I said the guys in Joseph Pitt st store are complete A*hole ?

great site, thanks....
post #12 of 24
Thread Starter 

Bumpity bump... did I mention that I'd absolutely love whoever found this out for me?

post #13 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher2 View Post

Bumpity bump... did I mention that I'd absolutely love whoever found this out for me?

You may wish to consider offering a different incentive, tempting though your absolute love is. Like, oh I don't know, cash.
post #14 of 24
Thread Starter 

I was thinking that, generally, those that jump around on these forums wouldn't be tempted by a small amount of money.....and I wouldn't consider taking any money if I was able to help out in a situation like this.... and some on here would be near Westfield every now and again....

 

At any rate, I've asked a friend who lives in the suburbs of Sydney.... but they may not get into the CBD for a couple of weeks.

 

 

post #15 of 24
^^ I know, I was joking (kinda). Just thought offering your love was funny.

Of course it's much better to try on shoes before buying them, but I've generally just fired blind and then on-sold (ebay) or sent back pairs that didn't fit me, accepting that it's going to cost me extra once in a while. I've got a couple of pairs of Loakes, a pair of Herrings, and (now) a pair of AE, and they all fit pretty well. Not an ideal strategy, but a lot better than trying to buy good shoes locally in Oz.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What are these shoes (esp. for those that live in Sydney or like Hugo Boss)?