So I wrote a message to Luxuryhut explaining what I had learned from the Tanner Krolle store and questioning its authenticity. The next day Luxuryhut wrote me back denying any authenticity problem, but told me he would accept return for a full refund.
I sent the item back on Feb 3rd via USPS priority international mail with full insurance coverage. It cost me $45. I know paypal policy, the best I can ask for is a full refund. So I didn't even ask for return postage. I wrote a message to luxuryhut informing him the return package and tracking number.
The real trouble started from this point:
Here is the tracking info from USPS website: (http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj182/a_guy_sh/?action=view¤t=f2ff6fc0.jpg)
- The tracking indicated the postal had attempted delivery on Feb 9rh. However, I didn't hear from him at all, so on Feb 13th I wrote him a message inquiring about the refund.
- He replied on Feb 14th claiming that he had not received item yet, and asked me for the tracking number.
- I wrote him back on the same day (Feb 14th) telling him the package was at his local postal office. I gave him the tracking number again, and attached the entire tracking info from USPS website.
- He wrote me back on Feb 15th telling me that he had not received any notification. And He asked me to request postal office to leave him another note.
- I traced the package via Canada Post online tracking and located his local postal office address/phone number. I contacted Canada Post at 1-866-607-6301. Canada Post customer service told me that all he needed is to call this same toll free number, and they would give him all the information to pick up this package. I sent him a message on Feb 15th at 12:00 pm giving him all these information.
- He wrote back on Feb 15th (Wednesday) -" We did not receive this notice, and it is strange that they kept trying to deliver at night in a commercial location. Anyway, the parcel is at a pick up location. My rep is trying to see if he can get me a pick up tag based on the tracking number you gave me. Hopefully we should be able to pick up by Monday. "
- On Tuesday morning (Feb 21st), I asked him again about the refund status.
- He wrote back on Wednesday (Feb 22nd) - "I cannot refund you until I receive the item, which I will do asap once I receive it. I already have another customer that wants it and is aware there is not logo, so believe me I want to finish with this. I was supposed to get a pick up notice when they tried to deliver, which I did not get (hence the reason for this whole issue). My rep at Canada Post was trying to get me a copy so that I can pick it up. They just advised me as follows. They will be sending me a final notice to pick up the item within the next few days (within 2 weeks of original attempt).?this is automatic. I need this notice to pick up the item."
- I contacted Canada Post again, and wrote him back - (early Wednesday afternoon, Feb 22nd) - "I could not believe this! I just called Canada post at 1-866-607-6301 (the number I also gave you a week ago). I spoke with a gentleman whose name is Nathan. He gave me the package notification number: 103393445008118. All you need is this notification number with a valid ID to pick up this package.
Your local postal office address:
PHARMAPRIX # 1973
2445 CH LUCERNE
MONT-ROYAL QC H3R 2K0
Even with all the information I supplied, I bet you would give me some other reasons for not picking it up.'' Honestly, at that point, I was feeling this guy had been and would give any excuses to avoid picking up the package, and thus not process my refund.
- He replied me back Thursday morning - "I was told I need the pick up tag by my rep at Canada Post. STOP ACCUSING ME OF TRYING TO AVOID THIS. Check my feedback against yours. I will try your way and go there tomorrow. This is an office though, so what ID I should bring I do not know, but I will go there myself and try it."
- The last message I received from him was yesterday morning (8:47am) - "...I told you I would go pick it up and refund you immediately thereafter. I will have it done soon, just trying to find time to go there. Hard since I am alone again today."
So far, no refund. And I just checked the USPS website, it says the package on its way back to me.
Thanks for reading this long story. Guys, what is your opinion? and what is your suggestion?
Edited by A Guy from Shanghai - 2/27/12 at 7:21am