or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Samuelsohn MTM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samuelsohn MTM - Page 7

post #91 of 136

If anyone is interested in top end Sammy MTM at a fraction of the cost let me know. 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/355534/insane-samuelsohn-custom-navy-sportscoat-price-drop

post #92 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post
 

If anyone is interested in top end Sammy MTM at a fraction of the cost let me know. 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/355534/insane-samuelsohn-custom-navy-sportscoat-price-drop

 

Updated the other jacket!

http://www.styleforum.net/t/355532/samuelsohn-custom-sportscoat-coat-thread

post #93 of 136

I'll toss in my own experience here.  I purchased a Samuelsohn MTM almost a year ago from Johnston's Clothiers in Wichita, KS (similar to Brooks Brothers).  There were quite a few fabric choices, and this was the primary cost factor.  If I recall correctly, price options went anywhere from $1,000 to well over $2,000.  I went with a navy herringbone which ended up costing me about $1,400.  There were plenty of customization options, ticket pocket among them, and the gentleman that helped me spent a good two or three hours with me taking some intricate measurements.

 

The suit was perfect when it arrived.  No adjustments were needed and it had a fantastic fit.  Though I cannot recall what the turnaround time was, I remember thinking it was quite reasonable.

 

All that being said, this was my first MTM suit.  This being the case, you might want to take my recommendation with a grain of salt (or perhaps a pound..).

post #94 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroneous View Post
 

I'll toss in my own experience here.  I purchased a Samuelsohn MTM almost a year ago from Johnston's Clothiers in Wichita, KS (similar to Brooks Brothers).  There were quite a few fabric choices, and this was the primary cost factor.  If I recall correctly, price options went anywhere from $1,000 to well over $2,000.  I went with a navy herringbone which ended up costing me about $1,400.  There were plenty of customization options, ticket pocket among them, and the gentleman that helped me spent a good two or three hours with me taking some intricate measurements.

 

The suit was perfect when it arrived.  No adjustments were needed and it had a fantastic fit.  Though I cannot recall what the turnaround time was, I remember thinking it was quite reasonable.

 

All that being said, this was my first MTM suit.  This being the case, you might want to take my recommendation with a grain of salt (or perhaps a pound..).

 

Best bang for the buck bar none. 

post #95 of 136

Reposting as this is a great way for folks with smaller budets to get into high end Samuelsohn http://www.styleforum.net/t/355534/insane-samuelsohn-custom-navy-sportscoat-price-drop

post #96 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post
 

Reposting as this is a great way for folks with smaller budets to get into high end Samuelsohn http://www.styleforum.net/t/355534/insane-samuelsohn-custom-navy-sportscoat-price-drop

And again.

post #97 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Hey guys,

I'm going to have some pretty big PSAs in the next few weeks. Stay tuned...

I'm tuned, I'm tuned! What's the big news? Samuelsohn is cutting it's prices in half? Well, we can dream can't we...

post #98 of 136
I own two Samuelsohn suits made from their Performance line. I am in charge of the growth of the SE USA, Puerto Rico, the Caribbean and South America so I travel quite often. I simply won't fly without a Samuelsohn Performance Suit. It is sleek, light and it flows like a cloud. I like the suit equal to any higher end Italian suit I own. When I bought my first one I said that Iwould never buy another brand. Well two Italian suits later have proved otherwise, but I value the SamuSamuelson as much as any $2000-$4000 suit I own.
post #99 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTLION View Post

I own two Samuelsohn suits made from their Performance line. I am in charge of the growth of the SE USA, Puerto Rico, the Caribbean and South America so I travel quite often. I simply won't fly without a Samuelsohn Performance Suit. It is sleek, light and it flows like a cloud. I like the suit equal to any higher end Italian suit I own. When I bought my first one I said that Iwould never buy another brand. Well two Italian suits later have proved otherwise, but I value the SamuSamuelson as much as any $2000-$4000 suit I own.

I will be in the market for a new suit in the next several months, and was considering one of the Samuelsohn Performance line as well. More than anything, it seems that they would be versatile. That being said, I've compared the feel of the fabrics in store, and the regular fabrics feel softer and generally "nicer" than the performance fabrics. But that's to be expected, given that the performance fabrics aren't 100% wool (IIRC).

post #100 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox View Post

I will be in the market for a new suit in the next several months, and was considering one of the Samuelsohn Performance line as well. More than anything, it seems that they would be versatile. That being said, I've compared the feel of the fabrics in store, and the regular fabrics feel softer and generally "nicer" than the performance fabrics. But that's to be expected, given that the performance fabrics aren't 100% wool (IIRC).

That is entirely true...if memory serves there is 3-4% Lycra in the thread. The result is a more stretch...not a ton but enough to add comfort. I was wearing my Samuelsohn suit when I was shopping for a Zegna suit in a Zegna shop. The salesman looked me over a couple of times...felt the jacket of my suit and said, "this is my favorite Zegna suit. I have this very suit." I felt a bit like an arse correcting him.

I won't tell anyone to buy one, but I would suggest trying one on and comparing it to other makers or even other Samuelsohn suits. I love them...two of my twelve suits are Samuelsohn suits and I would certainly consider a third.
post #101 of 136
Some of the performance fabrics are better than others. There a beautiful flannel window pane perf fabric thats around $1300. Has 2-3% elastine.
post #102 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Some of the performance fabrics are better than others. There a beautiful flannel window pane perf fabric thats around $1300. Has 2-3% elastine.

 Want. That. Suit.

post #103 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
 

I'm tuned, I'm tuned! What's the big news? Samuelsohn is cutting it's prices in half? Well, we can dream can't we...

Just go here. http://www.styleforum.net/t/355532/samuelsohn-sportscoats-coat-thread-open-to-trades 100% ultra fine wool. No better deal if you are a 40 to a 42

post #104 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
 

I'm tuned, I'm tuned! What's the big news? Samuelsohn is cutting it's prices in half? Well, we can dream can't we...

Just go here. http://www.styleforum.net/t/355532/samuelsohn-sportscoats-coat-thread-open-to-trades 100% ultra fine wool. No better deal if you are a 40 to a 42

post #105 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

 Want. That. Suit.

You know what I'm talking about.

Private sale starts in a week or so; I'm very tempted too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Samuelsohn MTM