Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:01 am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on 9/29/16 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 10/18/16 at 3:44pm in Classic Menswear
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! - Page 62post #917 of 14841/18/16 at 12:29ampost #918 of 14841/18/16 at 10:03ampost #919 of 14841/20/16 at 8:18am
Patrizio has kindly shared with me some samples that he is considering purchasing. I've his permission to get your feedback here which I will pass along. I believe they will be cut on the bias so appear as this one:
Patrizio has access to this fabric below. Drake's had it this year.
Why don't we vote on the fabrics that you like, and I will pass this along to him.
To make this useful for him, please vote for a fabric swatch if you'd be inclined to buy it, should you have the funds (and not because you'd take a chance). I'd like to give him information both about our take on aesthetics but also which reflects our consumerish take. Of course, discussion is invited anyway.
In your comments, for voting, use VOTING FOR: 16881 and 16886, with col. # Or just repost the swatch.
Comment separately. Thanks. Try to do so asap.
I like the top green/rust below.
the right one below is the Drake's.post #920 of 14841/20/16 at 8:22ampost #921 of 14841/20/16 at 8:36ampost #922 of 14841/20/16 at 8:48ampost #923 of 14841/20/16 at 9:48am
My own view is that 16881 feels busier, so I like 16886. The medallions are close together, but I the Drake's works well and have the appearance of madder (it isn't though).
I very much like some of the swatches from 16886. Cols 1, 2, and 4 are attractive. My inclination would be to get the two that Drake's produced so the green I just posted and the blue in the last pic. But then 4 for sure.
Thanks Sprout and JGC for weighing in.
Heads up: I think Patrizio would have to order the fabrics and once they are woven, then he'll have them. Maybe 2-3 months.post #924 of 14841/20/16 at 9:59ampost #925 of 14841/20/16 at 10:02amGreat initiative and thanks for having me in mind, @TweedyProf. Unfortunately, the fabrics are to busy for my taste. The small scale of the motifs and intensity makes them to busy. I'm sure others may appreciate it, but it's not for me. I like fabrics with more space between motifs. Not necessarily larger motifs, just not as intense if you understand what I mean.
That being said, if I had to chose, I'd vore for 16886 Col 2 & 4. Good luck, gentlemen!
EDIT: On a second thought, although I still think they're a little to busy, I would probably be interested in the two fabrics mentioned above. Not committing to anything yet as I have other commissions ahead and thus lack funds atm, but please keep me updated.post #926 of 14841/20/16 at 10:48ampost #927 of 14841/20/16 at 10:52ampost #928 of 14841/20/16 at 10:55ampost #929 of 14841/20/16 at 10:59am
I should say, these are not pre-orders, just an opportunity to have some say in what Patrizio stocks, so a nice opportunity. I was surprised and glad that he let me know about it, (I happened to catch him while he was in England buying fabrics).
I had asked about these two fabrics on the off chance he had them (getting a bespoke tie from Patrizio would be less than the cost of the Drake's, even on sale).
I like both because the medallions are a bit more subdued as are the backgrounds. And if you were to tell me both were madders, I would believe you. I believe that these are all silk (the Drake's are). If your ok with medallions, I think they are solid, staid choices. NMWA sold out of the right; Drake's put the left on sale and they were gone before I could click on the link.
I agree with the love for the green/rust above. My third choice.post #930 of 14841/20/16 at 11:06am
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 12 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 16 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 23 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 24 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 24 minutes ago
- › S.E.H Kelly 33 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 36 minutes ago
- › BNWT Cashmere Lined Leather Gloves: Dents, Merola Bergdorf Goodman 45 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 47 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...