or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! - Page 52

post #766 of 780
@pkl - nice ties! What is the secondary color on the pink tie?
Thanks
post #767 of 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by suitntieguy View Post

@pkl - nice ties! What is the secondary color on the pink tie?
Thanks

I'd say the colours are like that:

Salmon
Dark Blue
Light Blue
post #768 of 780
I am planning on ordering my first eg capelli 6 fold lined tie. Do the additional folds/lining impact the proper length of tie that I should be ordering?

Generally, I require a shorter tie length than the standard 150cm offered by most tie makers. (My current custom tie length from Drakes is 145 cm)

Thank you all for your help.
post #769 of 780
Today

post #770 of 780
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawnGault View Post

I am planning on ordering my first eg capelli 6 fold lined tie. Do the additional folds/lining impact the proper length of tie that I should be ordering?

Generally, I require a shorter tie length than the standard 150cm offered by most tie makers. (My current custom tie length from Drakes is 145 cm)

Thank you all for your help.

 

I'd order my standard tie length.

post #771 of 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post

I'd order my standard tie length.

Thanks, Shaya.

FYI--my first EG Cappelli was purchased through your store. I get compliments on it every time I wear it! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #772 of 780
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawnGault View Post


Thanks, Shaya.

FYI--my first EG Cappelli was purchased through your store. I get compliments on it every time I wear it! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

Thanks. We aim to please!

 

For those of you in the UK, E.G. Cappelli will be one of the participants at a trunk show at the beginning of September in London. For more information go here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/505905/bespoke-london-trunk-show-and-pop-up-shop-september-6-8-2015#post_8044250

post #773 of 780

I had a very pleasant visit to the shop this week. The shop was closed for holidays, but Patrizio let me make an appointment anyway. He is a thoroughly nice man, and tried very hard in order to communicate with me in English.

 

Ordered a grenadine tie and a wool/cashmere mix tie, which I was surprised to see was made from Holland and Sherry jacketing. I asked him about it and he said he thinks that lightweight jacketing makes for a great tie.

 

Incidently, also visited E Marinella and although they also had some pretty nice ties, they just didn't seem quite as nice.

 

Will post some pictures when they arrive. He said should be mid September.

post #774 of 780
Thread Starter 

For those of you in London that are planning on meeting Patrizio at the trunk show, he will only be there on Sunday the 6th. However, you will still be able to purchase from the bespoke swatches and RTW collection on the other two days of the trunk show.

post #775 of 780

Gents,

 

Anyone obtain a nice rust/orange madder from Cappelli? Ideally with larger scale patterns. Green and brown would be nice as well, and similar make ups in challis. There are a few from the gallery but none are on the site. Patrizio can help, no doubt, but happy to see examples IRL.

 

Cheers

post #776 of 780

Does anyone know if Patrizio is still on a break? I emailed him on Tuesday about ordering a tie but haven't heard back from him. I was thinking of sending him another email but don't want to disturb him if he is having a break. 

post #777 of 780
I'd assume any business in southern Italy is closed for the month of August.
post #778 of 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedyProf View Post

Gents,

Anyone obtain a nice rust/orange madder from Cappelli? Ideally with larger scale patterns. Green and brown would be nice as well, and similar make ups in challis. There are a few from the gallery but none are on the site. Patrizio can help, no doubt, but happy to see examples IRL.

Cheers

why not get the Panta X Massdrop tie? It will be perfect
post #779 of 780

I might though I wanted to see what options were available with Patrizio since customization is available. I plan to email him when he gets back from vacation (assuming that like many, he's off to the sea for August).

 

I've two Pantas, but I'm more happy with my Cappelli's.

 

I guess the Cappelli subforum is more quiet than others?

post #780 of 780

I have a dark forest green wool tie that I'd like to find a new home. It's new, unworn. 8.5cm wide. 3-fold. PM if interested.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!