Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on 9/29/16 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:12 pm in Classic Menswear
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! - Page 97post #1441 of 17627/27/16 at 7:20pmpost #1442 of 17627/27/16 at 7:32pmpost #1443 of 17627/28/16 at 5:08ampost #1444 of 17627/28/16 at 5:11ampost #1445 of 17627/28/16 at 5:38ampost #1446 of 17627/28/16 at 6:39ampost #1447 of 17627/28/16 at 7:14ampost #1448 of 17627/28/16 at 7:17ampost #1449 of 17627/28/16 at 7:51ampost #1450 of 17627/28/16 at 8:03amQuote:
My view is that it's autumnal, good with tweed. Should be muted, chalky in texture (it's really a distinctive feel). I avoid paisley madders but love the bigger medallions that Patrizio has (see also the smaller neat patterns like the one Cleav has in blue way up in the thread).
That said, I'm picking up I43. It's muted but the green is bright enough that I will probably wear it in spring/summer too. No one will be the wiser. @cezinhohas a pic of it with a navy blazer on his IG.
Here's Boyer with a brief text on madder:post #1451 of 17627/28/16 at 8:20amQuote:
I think it's more just the almost flannel-like appearance of that. That seems like a very wooly tie to wear in such a saturated tone, and around the neck. I can't put my finger on it.post #1452 of 17627/28/16 at 8:22ampost #1453 of 17627/28/16 at 8:29amQuote:
Two issues now, no? On a rust tie, I think pairing is quite basic. This isn't the right jacket (would want a more saturated blue) and I'd use a silk, textured square or madder square, but navy with rust is a solid fit.
On the texture: fine, you don't like to wear wooly ties. I can understand that. I like the warmth of it though I would use a madder silk square.
Here's me with a Drake's which J1 is replacing...it is all a bit wooly, but I don't mind. That said, this speaks to why madders are so lovely with tweed; they provide material contrast with the coat.post #1454 of 17627/28/16 at 8:42am
I must have some wool tie associated trauma.
Yes, a dusty madder I think is just as interesting without going the wooly mammoth route.
I have some interesting woolen solid ties, not in extreme colors, should take a pic, but I think there's a sweet spot for milling and finish. IMO too "homespun" and it's starting to look like it's for grouse hunting, but your context may differ. I actually have a few heavierweight tweeds I brought to the tailor to store in my queue and he keeps "losing" them cause he doesn't want to make them -- too rustic. This is a city tailor. I don't think he's warping my mind (yet), but I just mention that as an interesting aside. One man's pleasure is another's poison, I guess.post #1455 of 17627/28/16 at 8:46am
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › E.G. Alderley Rosewood Country Calf - 9.5E NIB 6 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 19 minutes ago
- › Is this a four-season shoe? 20 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 24 minutes ago
- › Junkard Boots 26 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 29 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 32 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...