Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:34 pm in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on 9/29/16 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:04 am in Classic Menswear
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! - Page 95post #1412 of 17717/18/16 at 1:16pm
Is this one from the Draper's selection that Patrizio got this past summer? In his photos and in C&As above, it seems a bit too bright for my taste, almost a pastel, but it seems tamer in your photo.post #1413 of 17717/18/16 at 1:51pmpost #1414 of 17717/18/16 at 4:00pmpost #1415 of 17717/19/16 at 4:57amQuote:
Colors are so difficult to gauge from the website, so it's helpful that people post reference photos here.
For example, linen F1 and H09 appear similar in brightness (i.e. as dark blue) but Patrizio photographed them side by side for me and F1 is noticeably brighter, almost a light blue.
G1 in your photo looks a slightly lighter green than on the website. True? If so, well...post #1416 of 17717/19/16 at 5:54ampost #1417 of 17717/21/16 at 7:57ampost #1418 of 17717/21/16 at 8:28ampost #1419 of 17717/21/16 at 9:02ampost #1420 of 17717/21/16 at 9:05ampost #1421 of 17717/21/16 at 9:36ampost #1422 of 17717/21/16 at 5:43pmpost #1423 of 17717/21/16 at 6:14pm
I'm torn between that version and a Drake's version that's similar and perhaps slightly lighter.
But that's a damn fine green tie and I may yet pick it up.
Your jacket reminded me of this new fabric which Patrizio sent me this morning. For those of you interested in glen plaid, this is a nice blue plaid (looks like three shades of blue from the swatch). Silk-linen of English origin. I particularly like the light blue overcheck. I'm not above wearing this in non-wedding settings with a navy blazer.post #1424 of 17717/21/16 at 6:17pmpost #1425 of 17717/21/16 at 6:26pmQuote:
It would make a great SC for sure, but a fine wedding tie too. Email him to ask him the source of the fabric. I wouldn't be surprised if it's from a jacketing book as often, many of his fabrics are. Do let us know from where if you find out.
Here's the tie that the fabric above is replacing (this one below has a dark blue overcheck on b/w). Pretty standard wedding tie configuration, but I like the lighter blue which continues to "de-formalize" it.
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 15 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 18 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 40 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 45 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: THE VILLAIN (24 March 2017) 53 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 59 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 hour ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 1 hour ago
- › Washed jeans look like raw denim? 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...