or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! - Page 86

post #1276 of 1607
Stop taunting us with that green one!





post #1277 of 1607
Maiden voyage -



post #1278 of 1607

I have a list of 5 that are on my "to order soon" list.  That tie was on it, then i pushed it off, now I might have to make the list 6, that looks perfect.  Darn it @Cleav!

post #1279 of 1607
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillingToLearn View Post

I have a list of 5 that are on my "to order soon" list.  That tie was on it, then i pushed it off, now I might have to make the list 6, that looks perfect.  Darn it @Cleav
!

It is nice mate. Thing is, if you consider the quality and range Patrizio has it is like being a kid in a sweet shop!
post #1280 of 1607

Has anyone picked up the green medallion madder and have a pic of it in the wild? Curious whether it will work for Spring too. Drake's has it in silk twill:

 


Not a very bright green and has that madderish feel it might work for S/S.

post #1281 of 1607
I bought the blue with intent on wearing it as a S/S tie with both suits and SCs, I imagine the green will work, but I went with two linen greens instead.
post #1282 of 1607
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillingToLearn View Post

I bought the blue with intent on wearing it as a S/S tie with both suits and SCs, I imagine the green will work, but I went with two linen greens instead.


Curious if you have them in hand or are they on the way?

post #1283 of 1607
In process
post #1284 of 1607
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillingToLearn View Post

I bought the blue with intent on wearing it as a S/S tie with both suits and SCs, I imagine the green will work, but I went with two linen greens instead.

Which green linens did you opt for?
post #1285 of 1607
For those in the US, how much tax/duty do you typically get hit with when ordering?
post #1286 of 1607

It varies widely: I've been hit from 7-12.5 percent, possibly more.

 

I'd say on average, about 10 dollars per tie +/-. The duty threshold has risen, I'm told to $800. So for small batch orders, I think duties won't be charged, but others who know more can weigh in.

 

Still, a good deal given current exchange rates.

post #1287 of 1607
Will the TPP remove tariffs entirely when it comes into force?
post #1288 of 1607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loathing View Post

Will the TPP remove tariffs entirely when it comes into force?

As you're posting on the EGC thread, I guess you mean TTIP (EU/US discussions), rather than TPP. Ongoing negotiations (and then the delays associated with ratification) will mean consumers won't see any benefits for years. There is a textiles working group, but I'm not sure of the parties' negotiating positions. You can see the EU's position, which was leaked, in the link within the following article: https://euobserver.com/economic/132376
post #1289 of 1607
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrv123 View Post

For those in the US, how much tax/duty do you typically get hit with when ordering?

 

Typically 12.5 per cent for apparel.  Until recently that was only on shipments values at more than 199 USD.  That's been raised recently, but I can't recall the details.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #1290 of 1607
Quote:
Originally Posted by krakatoa View Post

As you're posting on the EGC thread, I guess you mean TTIP (EU/US discussions), rather than TPP. Ongoing negotiations (and then the delays associated with ratification) will mean consumers won't see any benefits for years. There is a textiles working group, but I'm not sure of the parties' negotiating positions. You can see the EU's position, which was leaked, in the link within the following article: https://euobserver.com/economic/132376

I thought I posted in the Kamakura Shirts thread, haha. But thanks for the interesting link.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!