It's too bad the #styfodude seems to have peaked. Seems like a good candidate.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:01 am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on 9/29/16 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 10/18/16 at 3:44pm in Classic Menswear
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! - Page 78post #1156 of 14843/23/16 at 8:58ampost #1157 of 14843/23/16 at 10:44ampost #1158 of 14843/23/16 at 10:49ampost #1159 of 14843/23/16 at 10:58ampost #1160 of 14843/23/16 at 11:49ampost #1161 of 14843/23/16 at 6:56pmpost #1162 of 14843/23/16 at 8:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
I remember @Henry Carter made a strong case against it once, or at least strong enough that handrolling stopped being a + and became more of a - in my mind.Quote:
It was more for grenadines than anything. Un-tipped ties have there place for lighter summer ties and for getting the weight down on heavy wools or cashmere's. But for grenadines which are already a loose weave prone to stretching at the best of times, I found un-tipped ones to be even worse having much less structure than a self tipped tie. So I just started making all grenadines self tipped. Each to their own, YMMV etc etc.... Outside of Styleforum and maybe certain silly hashtags on instagram, the reality is most people just don't get un-tipped ties.post #1163 of 14843/24/16 at 3:47ampost #1164 of 14843/24/16 at 3:54ampost #1165 of 14843/24/16 at 3:55ampost #1166 of 14843/24/16 at 4:01ampost #1167 of 14843/24/16 at 4:08ampost #1168 of 14843/24/16 at 4:16ampost #1169 of 14843/24/16 at 4:54ampost #1170 of 14843/24/16 at 5:02amQuote:Originally Posted by coolpapa
I'm not sure that's actually true, or at least not in the way you probably mean. There might be a handful of things that aren't online, but in my experience most of what he has is on the site. He might have things that are 'end of bin' type items, or silks/wools that are new that haven't been posted yet, but that's generally only a few things at a given time. Regardless, you should definitely visit him if you can.
Thanks, my experience with Cappelli is somewhat limited, and I've never visited the store.
I do know that the "Drake's" patterns above in challis have not been posted, though perhaps because they sold out before he could put them on-line. I do aim to visit someday.
In any event, if @C&A and @PCK1 are in the area and stop by the shop, the request for any pictures of interesting fabrics still stands, especially if recent arrivals (there were some Grezza's that might be in now).
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 11 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 14 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 22 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 22 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 22 minutes ago
- › S.E.H Kelly 32 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 34 minutes ago
- › BNWT Cashmere Lined Leather Gloves: Dents, Merola Bergdorf Goodman 44 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 45 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...