Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:34 pm in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on 5/18/16 at 9:12am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 2:12 pm in Classic Menswear
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! - Page 8post #107 of 13324/4/12 at 11:21amJust wanted to post a datapoint: I ordered 5 ties and 2 pocket squares from his online store and so qualified for $0 shipping costs. He shipped via UPS on Monday, arrived 2 days later on Wednesday. But in order to take delivery of the package, had to pay $38 in customs fees. Hope this helps.
Edited by moonraker - 4/4/12 at 5:16pmpost #108 of 13324/4/12 at 3:53pmThread Starter
Quote:Originally Posted by moonraker
Just wanted to post a datapoint: I ordered 5 ties and 2 pocket squares from his online store and so qualified for $0 shipping costs. He shipped via UPS on Monday, arrived 2 days later on Wednesday. But in order to take delivery of the package, had to pay $38 in customs fees. Hope this helps.
Not bad. UPS is known for being annoying with customs. Post pictures please!!!post #109 of 13324/4/12 at 5:46pmCompletely forgot to comment on the ties, apologies. They're beautiful, great quality, and as others have mentioned slightly more 'loose' or whimsical than say a Drake's. I did 3 outlet ties and 2 bespoke measurement garza fina grenadines. They're all impressive, but especially the grenadines (the colors are very rich).
After ordering, Patrizio emailed to say that one of the outlet ties I had selected was out of stock, but he still had the fabric and said he would make me one with the measurements I had used on the grenadines. Great service.
It took about 13 days in total from placing the order to receiving the ties since some were bespoke measurements. But as I mentioned in my first post, the actual shipping time via UPS was only 2-3 days.
Any other examples of UPS packages and customs fees? The UPS delivery man seemed confused as to why his electronic pad was asking for collection of fees.
Attached pic:post #110 of 13324/4/12 at 5:59pmpost #111 of 13327/26/12 at 4:18ampost #112 of 13327/26/12 at 4:43amThread Starterpost #113 of 13327/26/12 at 4:49ampost #114 of 13327/26/12 at 11:08ampost #115 of 13327/26/12 at 11:47ampost #116 of 13327/26/12 at 2:45pmThread Starterpost #117 of 13327/26/12 at 10:47pmpost #118 of 13327/27/12 at 3:03amThread Starterpost #119 of 13327/27/12 at 4:39amQuote:This has stopped you before? Thankfully some of us know better . And have you considered this: perhaps one box can better be explained to your wife, than several, or do you get them at work?
Still planning to visit Pelger (I'm not sure their sale still continues)?
MtBpost #120 of 13328/9/12 at 5:45am
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
Currently, there are 1159 Active Users (206 Members and 953 Guests)
- › What music are you listening to lately? 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Is this Hermes belt authentic??? 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › For Sale: Alden Plain Shell Cordovan Toe Blucher US10.5D Barrie... 12 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding