Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:51 am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on 9/29/16 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:08 am in Classic Menswear
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! - Page 8post #107 of 17244/4/12 at 11:21amJust wanted to post a datapoint: I ordered 5 ties and 2 pocket squares from his online store and so qualified for $0 shipping costs. He shipped via UPS on Monday, arrived 2 days later on Wednesday. But in order to take delivery of the package, had to pay $38 in customs fees. Hope this helps.
Edited by moonraker - 4/4/12 at 5:16pmpost #108 of 17244/4/12 at 3:53pmThread Starter
Quote:Originally Posted by moonraker
Just wanted to post a datapoint: I ordered 5 ties and 2 pocket squares from his online store and so qualified for $0 shipping costs. He shipped via UPS on Monday, arrived 2 days later on Wednesday. But in order to take delivery of the package, had to pay $38 in customs fees. Hope this helps.
Not bad. UPS is known for being annoying with customs. Post pictures please!!!post #109 of 17244/4/12 at 5:46pmCompletely forgot to comment on the ties, apologies. They're beautiful, great quality, and as others have mentioned slightly more 'loose' or whimsical than say a Drake's. I did 3 outlet ties and 2 bespoke measurement garza fina grenadines. They're all impressive, but especially the grenadines (the colors are very rich).
After ordering, Patrizio emailed to say that one of the outlet ties I had selected was out of stock, but he still had the fabric and said he would make me one with the measurements I had used on the grenadines. Great service.
It took about 13 days in total from placing the order to receiving the ties since some were bespoke measurements. But as I mentioned in my first post, the actual shipping time via UPS was only 2-3 days.
Any other examples of UPS packages and customs fees? The UPS delivery man seemed confused as to why his electronic pad was asking for collection of fees.
Attached pic:post #110 of 17244/4/12 at 5:59pmpost #111 of 17247/26/12 at 4:18ampost #112 of 17247/26/12 at 4:43amThread Starterpost #113 of 17247/26/12 at 4:49ampost #114 of 17247/26/12 at 11:08ampost #115 of 17247/26/12 at 11:47ampost #116 of 17247/26/12 at 2:45pmThread Starterpost #117 of 17247/26/12 at 10:47pmpost #118 of 17247/27/12 at 3:03amThread Starterpost #119 of 17247/27/12 at 4:39amQuote:This has stopped you before? Thankfully some of us know better . And have you considered this: perhaps one box can better be explained to your wife, than several, or do you get them at work?
Still planning to visit Pelger (I'm not sure their sale still continues)?
MtBpost #120 of 17248/9/12 at 5:45am
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
Currently, there are 1861 Active Users (358 Members and 1503 Guests)
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 1 second ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 56 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 3 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 17 3 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 9 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments x Vans 11 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 13 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...