or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Wire
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Wire - Page 2

post #16 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

rolleyes.gif Evidence?

Evidence is on one of the special features documentaries about the show
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post

Evidence is on one of the special features documentaries about the show

Ah, I bet. A few anecdotes and the matter is settled, right?
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

Ah, I bet. A few anecdotes and the matter is settled, right?

Wow, contentious just for the sake of being contentious. I'll pop in the special feature disk when I get home and I'll tell you exactly what it is. IIRC, it was actually a British documentary about the show, interviewing the writer/producer who commented on the small audience size saying he believed it was because the cast was majority black.

If not the British doc, it's the other one I have.
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

rolleyes.gif Evidence?
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post

Evidence is on one of the special features documentaries about the show
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

Ah, I bet. A few anecdotes and the matter is settled, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post

Wow, contentious just for the sake of being contentious. I'll pop in the special feature disk when I get home and I'll tell you exactly what it is. IIRC, it was actually a British documentary about the show, interviewing the writer/producer who commented on the small audience size saying he believed it was because the cast was majority black.
If not the British doc, it's the other one I have.

crackup[1].gif Call me contentious, sure, but I was dead right. You saw a documentary where one guy says he believes his small viewing audience is due to a majority of the cast being black. You turn this into a declarative statement of:
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post

Believe it or not, the majority black cast turned off A LOT of people during the run of the show.

Sorry man, but you do this all the time. It's fun to point out the especially bad examples. I'll stop shitting up a Wire thread now, I promise. cheers.gif
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

It truly was the Red Tails of the small screen.

perhaps if david simon had written the script for red tails....maybe it wouldn't have been the steaming pile of shit it was.
Edited by limping_decorum - 2/22/12 at 5:31am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Wire