I can't decide what i should do, given that i am only in my early 20s:
- career development and exposure to european deals
- gives me an edge in a competitive work environment
- generous relocation allowance covering approximately one year's worth of basic living expenses (food, rent).
- ability to live abroad when i have relatively few obligations in sydney
- ability to travel across europe over weekends/short trips
- economic conditions in dublin and europe are pretty dismal (although my position is a relatively secure one compared to european banks in general).
- i will be paid in EUR which is expected to potentially depreciate further against the AUD meaning that i could be coming back to sydney with significantly less wealth.
- it is uncertain as to whether or not i will actually be able to return after 12 months if i do not like it (despite what the company tells me)
- when i return i do not know whether or not there will still be a position here for me (i'm sure they will look after me, but cannot be certain if ***t hits the fan)
- i have lived in australia my whole life and of asian descent, and i am not sure how i can adapt, mesh with the culture in ireland.
- i have a relatively serious girlfriend at the moment who is unable to relocate at this point in time. Definitely very sad to see this end.
Can anyone weigh in on this? It's been such a stressful week.