or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Rambo's World Adventure
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rambo's World Adventure - Page 23

post #331 of 427
johnapril that is fucking awesome. did you climb everest?
post #332 of 427
No way. I just stick to the trekking trails. Climbers weren't even in the region while I was up there this year. They hang back until mid-April or so. I did see plenty of yak-trains toting the Chilean Everest Expedition supplies up this year, however!
post #333 of 427
do you use a trekking company or just go yourself?
post #334 of 427
Solo.
post #335 of 427
Rambo I know I'm late but... I'm a pretty experienced traveler. I'm planning a vacation that I hope will last 10-14 days in Japan. I've been doing some serious research for a few months off and on. In that time I've realized I need to put it further down the line (granted I'll be trying to import some agricultural products but still....) anyway, my point is, you need to SERIOUSLY consider postponing a major world trip. I would if I were you plan a short hop away, get your feet wet, come back, digest what happened and then go on your adventure.

I mean with this with <3 but you're ill-prepared for what could lie ahead... Just MHO.
post #336 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnapril View Post

Sorry for the acronym. Everest Base Camp (EBC)

Very impressive!
post #337 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

Rambo I know I'm late but... I'm a pretty experienced traveler. I'm planning a vacation that I hope will last 10-14 days in Japan. I've been doing some serious research for a few months off and on. In that time I've realized I need to put it further down the line (granted I'll be trying to import some agricultural products but still....) anyway, my point is, you need to SERIOUSLY consider postponing a major world trip. I would if I were you plan a short hop away, get your feet wet, come back, digest what happened and then go on your adventure.

I mean with this with <3 but you're ill-prepared for what could lie ahead... Just MHO.

Nah, there's no real way to prepare for a trip like this. You just have to do it, and be ready to take whatever comes your way.
post #338 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

Nah, there's no real way to prepare for a trip like this. You just have to do it, and be ready to take whatever comes your way.

Sure but... I think there's a proper way to maximize enjoyment and stretch your dollar on a trip like this, and buying everything you think you need and planning a trip in six weeks when you have no real idea where you want to go is a guaranteed way to run out of money in a month and no place to go. And especially if you're selling all your stuff, a little more planning and thought is kind of imperative.
post #339 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozah View Post

i heard sihanoukville in cambodia was bad.

Eh? Been there twice and the only problem I had was due to my over drinking. What bad things have you heard of?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozah View Post

anyone know places to steer clear of when traveling the world?
Near Iranian border, Syria, NW Pakistan, any area w/ major flooding (dysentery, cholera, hep), Parisian suburbs (les banlieues), US urban projects.
post #340 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

Sure but... I think there's a proper way to maximize enjoyment and stretch your dollar on a trip like this, and buying everything you think you need and planning a trip in six weeks when you have no real idea where you want to go is a guaranteed way to run out of money in a month and no place to go. And especially if you're selling all your stuff, a little more planning and thought is kind of imperative.

+1

if memory serves this guy was asking basic questions about plane journeys a few months back. best of luck to him but i am waiting for imminent threadfailure.
post #341 of 427
johnapril, cool to have you back
post #342 of 427
Has anybody heard from our boy Rambo since he left? I've sent him several drunken text messages that generated no response.
post #343 of 427
^^ he didn't respond to the last couple of voicemails I left for him.
post #344 of 427
According to Words With Friends he has made a move as recent as a few days ago. So he's had access to either a PC or smartphone.

Have not heard back from him via text either.
post #345 of 427
He's in Cuba at the moment. Sounded like Jamaica was both a bit rough and interesting.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Rambo's World Adventure