or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › High-quality JEANS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

High-quality JEANS - Page 2

post #16 of 135
Thread Starter 
jeans under a buck are great
post #17 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapmutha
ok... the construction is better than my samurais. the denim is very high quality, 14.5oz. indigo is very dark, deep. this is also his 3rd run, and hes been making jeans for at least 5 years, so hes not really starting out.

until you have a pair in your hands i dont think you have anything to say.

5 years is starting out. Yes. Don't sleep on APC, people make it seem like it's the lowest acceptable quality.
post #18 of 135
it would be pretty hard to argue what jeans are better quality. what are your opinions based on? the quality of the denim itself? the stitching, rivets, construction? everything is pretty subjective. and the fact that andy makes all of his jeans himself from start to finish doesn't mean that it's superior to a pair of jeans made in a factory. if any of you have made jeans, you'd know that if you had the machinery, it's really not that difficult.

for me, i like the colour on apc's alot more. but that doesn't mean apc's are better quality.
post #19 of 135
I think it's scientifically proven to be idiotic to argue the quality of one item over another based on photos and second-hand experience. It's like saying you prefer chocolate over vanilla not because you've tried it, but because the wind blows east.
post #20 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackplatano
5 years is starting out. Yes. Don't sleep on APC, people make it seem like it's the lowest acceptable quality.
Stop posting already.
post #21 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini
I think it's scientifically proven to be idiotic to argue the quality of one item over another based on photos and second-hand experience.

It's like saying you prefer chocolate over vanilla not because you've tried it, but because the wind blows east.

HOrrible example. HORRIBLE.
You can't distinguish quality just by touch. Touching is the only thing you can't do from looking at jeans. Last time i checked, tasting, smelling or hearing denim wasn't useful. Therefore touching and looking is the only thing you can do to distinguish quality. Touching can only tell you how it feels. THerfore looking can tell you everything else. Since you can see everything in pictures. YOU ARE WRONGGGG
post #22 of 135
You can look at photos of engine parts all day long. Will that tell you how a car performs? I think you need to stick to Kewan's advice.
post #23 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini
You can look at photos of engine parts all day long. Will that tell you how a car performs?

I think you need to stick to Kewan's advice.

Yea but we are talking about JEANS not cars. Man you suck at giving examples.

If quality can not be distinshed from pictures then half the threads on SF are worthless.
post #24 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewan
Stop posting already.

Who are you? lol
post #25 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackplatano
Denim and construction. You can rave about the fit, but the actual quality doesn't leave me breathless. The indigo doesn't seem top notch since they seem to fade too quickly (from the pics i've seen).

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackplatano
You can't distinguish quality just by touch. Touching is the only thing you can't do from looking at jeans.

Uhhmmm.. what's your point again?
post #26 of 135
If you quoted the whole thing you might get it.
post #27 of 135
you guys went from comprehendable to bonkers
post #28 of 135
Continue this discussion at supertrash.
post #29 of 135
Congrats on being the first person I block on here. Nice knowing you.
post #30 of 135
I wish i could say the samething about you dickhead.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › High-quality JEANS