Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 6/15/16 at 3:56am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread - Page 60post #887 of 36466/20/13 at 2:41pm
Hi guys, I'm on the lookout for bow ties, any color, design, etc. preferably from brands like Brooks Brothers or something comparable, but open to others. I can pay money or find something to trade if you're also on the lookout for something as well.
Also, any regular tie that is PINK.. Thanks!post #888 of 36466/20/13 at 2:52pmUpdated wish list for me. I'm part of the June NPC and don't plan on breaking rules but I'm all set to load up after that so hit me!
40R spring/summer sport coats - gun clubs, checks, or a summer navy blazer - definitely looking for linens or summer weight wools and avoiding regular cottons
12e shoes - Alden, Allen Edmonds, or comparable makers that I may not be familiar with
A trench in either beige or navy
32 waist summer pants - open weave, linen, tropical wools but no chinos please. Inseam needs to be a 34 or be able to be tailored to reach a 34
spring/summer ties in various colors and patterns. As long as it's in good taste I probably will not be too picky but I'd rather add knits later
Filson bag in navypost #889 of 36466/20/13 at 9:53pm
Any 40's need a staple navy blazer? I've got a beautiful bespoke piece that unfortunately has no label on it. It is definitely bespoke, with hand-stitched buttonholes, hand-padded lapels, and subtle pick-stitching all over. It's likely from an English tailoring house, as the buttons are from the King Alfred School Society in London. Condition is excellent. Looking for cash or trades.Chest (armpit to armpit): 21Shoulders (seam to seam): 18Sleeves (from shoulder seam): 23.5 + 1Length (from bottom of collar): 29.75post #890 of 36466/21/13 at 4:41amQuote:
Length boc 26.5post #891 of 36466/24/13 at 8:47pmpost #892 of 36466/25/13 at 3:37amThread StarterI have a pair of nice linen sport coats in the 40/41 range. Both measure roughly 17.5" in the shoulders, 21" Pit to Pit, and 31.5" from the bottom of the collar. Sleeves are roughly 25.5".
Asking $27.00 Each shipped or will sell the pair for $48.00
FR Tripler & Co.
Woodhouse Lynch Clothiers (Former Columbus Ohio Men's Store http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...0_D49A6H6.html)
Recent Southwick Price of Wales Sport Coat - $22.00 Shipped
measures more like a 43/44...Tagged 46R???
Shoulders - 20.5"
Pit to Pit - 23"
Sleeves - 25"
Length - 32"
Two Button/Single Vent
Recent Hickey Freeman Windowpane Sport Coat - $25.00 Shipped
Tagged 44R...... 52 % Silk / 48% Wool. Very soft and in excellent condition...considered lengthening the arms and keeping it.
Shoulders - 20"
Pit to Pit - 23.5"
Sleeves - 24"
Length - 32"
Two Button/Single Ventpost #893 of 36466/26/13 at 9:13pm
Trade me all of those whimsical/small animal pattern ties you don't want for my normal looking ties.
Repps are all 8.5/10 the last one is more like a 6/10 because of a run but great otherwise.
8./10, It has this slight crinkle in the lining at the tip of the tie, but since it's exactly in the middle it almost seems like it's on purpose because it flairs it out just slightly.
9.78/10 Super recent and probably never worn (aside from me trying it on with a few outfits but never actually wearing out). Self tipped. Not sure why I don't have a label pic. To me the silk feels nicer than any Hermes or Charvet I've ever picked up but what do I know.
Edited by highvoltorb - 6/29/13 at 1:46pmpost #894 of 36466/27/13 at 8:18pmpost #895 of 36466/30/13 at 4:16pmpost #896 of 36466/30/13 at 4:36pmpost #897 of 36467/1/13 at 4:58pmpost #898 of 36467/1/13 at 5:12pmpost #899 of 36467/2/13 at 1:31pmOK, time to clean out the closet a bit. Normally I'm wide open to trades, but for the moment I'm in need of cash so I won't be as interested in trading.
I’ll start to list these in the Sales forum if they don’t get interest here, but this has to be the first stop, gotta give thrift bros the first shot. For the sake of space, I'll spoiler all but one picture per item.
In addition to all this stuff, I've got a pair of AE PTBs and a Hickey Freeman suit down in my sig. Check them out if they're your size.
42L Polo PRL Tweed – Brown Herringbone with subtle striping in many colors. Beautiful pattern, somebody should grab this
Extra Photos (Click to show)
Chester Barrie for Carroll & Co Wool/Cashmere tweed. Gray and Charcoal herringbone with wine, mustard, and blue (can’t come up with a good food term for blue…) over striping. This is a gorgeous jacket, and a good enough reason to come up with ways to wear a gray jacket. And check out that lining! Unfortunately, the sizing seems to be a bit outside the normal range. Tagged a 46, but I don’t think so. See measurements.
Extra Pictures! (Click to show)
15.5x33 Polo Ralph Lauren Script Label
Extras (Click to show)URL=http://s799.photobucket.com/user/michaelharris001/media/Holding/IMG_4882_zps7cacd7ed.jpg.html][/URL]
These use real MOP buttons, don’t they?
If you gotta have a pony on the shirt, at least put it in the gusset!
15.5 x 33 Charles Tyrwhitt FC Blue Glen Plaid pattern with yellow overstripe
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ermenegildo Zegna Longsleeved "polo" shirt. Size 54post #900 of 36467/2/13 at 9:12pmI find myself in need of:
1) a pair of high quality mid- to light beige kid suede elbow patches for a tweed SC (victims of a semi-successful wool stain removal experiment); and
2) a beaten to hell pair of braces with leather fasteners that I can harvest to rehabilitate an awesome pair of polka dot braces that have tragically lost one fastener.
edit: in testament to how awesome this community is, the items have been located. thanks!
Edited by GMMcL - 7/4/13 at 2:39pm
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 6 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Alpine Grain LWB, Tassels MTO, 8.5D Barrie 11 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 11 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 17 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 17 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding