Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Yesterday at 1:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
- Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists Last post on 7/25/15 at 11:53am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s Clobber in It Happened...Last edited: 3/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread - Page 60
Styleforum Top Pickspost #887 of 28596/20/13 at 2:41pm
Hi guys, I'm on the lookout for bow ties, any color, design, etc. preferably from brands like Brooks Brothers or something comparable, but open to others. I can pay money or find something to trade if you're also on the lookout for something as well.
Also, any regular tie that is PINK.. Thanks!post #888 of 28596/20/13 at 2:52pmUpdated wish list for me. I'm part of the June NPC and don't plan on breaking rules but I'm all set to load up after that so hit me!
40R spring/summer sport coats - gun clubs, checks, or a summer navy blazer - definitely looking for linens or summer weight wools and avoiding regular cottons
12e shoes - Alden, Allen Edmonds, or comparable makers that I may not be familiar with
A trench in either beige or navy
32 waist summer pants - open weave, linen, tropical wools but no chinos please. Inseam needs to be a 34 or be able to be tailored to reach a 34
spring/summer ties in various colors and patterns. As long as it's in good taste I probably will not be too picky but I'd rather add knits later
Filson bag in navypost #889 of 28596/20/13 at 9:53pm
Any 40's need a staple navy blazer? I've got a beautiful bespoke piece that unfortunately has no label on it. It is definitely bespoke, with hand-stitched buttonholes, hand-padded lapels, and subtle pick-stitching all over. It's likely from an English tailoring house, as the buttons are from the King Alfred School Society in London. Condition is excellent. Looking for cash or trades.Chest (armpit to armpit): 21Shoulders (seam to seam): 18Sleeves (from shoulder seam): 23.5 + 1Length (from bottom of collar): 29.75post #890 of 28596/21/13 at 4:41amQuote:
Length boc 26.5post #891 of 28596/24/13 at 8:47pmpost #892 of 28596/25/13 at 3:37amThread StarterI have a pair of nice linen sport coats in the 40/41 range. Both measure roughly 17.5" in the shoulders, 21" Pit to Pit, and 31.5" from the bottom of the collar. Sleeves are roughly 25.5".
Asking $27.00 Each shipped or will sell the pair for $48.00
FR Tripler & Co.
Woodhouse Lynch Clothiers (Former Columbus Ohio Men's Store http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...0_D49A6H6.html)
Recent Southwick Price of Wales Sport Coat - $22.00 Shipped
measures more like a 43/44...Tagged 46R???
Shoulders - 20.5"
Pit to Pit - 23"
Sleeves - 25"
Length - 32"
Two Button/Single Vent
Recent Hickey Freeman Windowpane Sport Coat - $25.00 Shipped
Tagged 44R...... 52 % Silk / 48% Wool. Very soft and in excellent condition...considered lengthening the arms and keeping it.
Shoulders - 20"
Pit to Pit - 23.5"
Sleeves - 24"
Length - 32"
Two Button/Single Ventpost #893 of 28596/26/13 at 9:13pm
Trade me all of those whimsical/small animal pattern ties you don't want for my normal looking ties.
Repps are all 8.5/10 the last one is more like a 6/10 because of a run but great otherwise.
8./10, It has this slight crinkle in the lining at the tip of the tie, but since it's exactly in the middle it almost seems like it's on purpose because it flairs it out just slightly.
9.78/10 Super recent and probably never worn (aside from me trying it on with a few outfits but never actually wearing out). Self tipped. Not sure why I don't have a label pic. To me the silk feels nicer than any Hermes or Charvet I've ever picked up but what do I know.
Edited by highvoltorb - 6/29/13 at 1:46pmpost #894 of 28596/27/13 at 8:18pmpost #895 of 28596/30/13 at 4:16pmpost #896 of 28596/30/13 at 4:36pmpost #897 of 28597/1/13 at 4:58pmpost #898 of 28597/1/13 at 5:12pmpost #899 of 28597/2/13 at 1:31pmOK, time to clean out the closet a bit. Normally I'm wide open to trades, but for the moment I'm in need of cash so I won't be as interested in trading.
I’ll start to list these in the Sales forum if they don’t get interest here, but this has to be the first stop, gotta give thrift bros the first shot. For the sake of space, I'll spoiler all but one picture per item.
In addition to all this stuff, I've got a pair of AE PTBs and a Hickey Freeman suit down in my sig. Check them out if they're your size.
42L Polo PRL Tweed – Brown Herringbone with subtle striping in many colors. Beautiful pattern, somebody should grab this
Extra Photos (Click to show)
Chester Barrie for Carroll & Co Wool/Cashmere tweed. Gray and Charcoal herringbone with wine, mustard, and blue (can’t come up with a good food term for blue…) over striping. This is a gorgeous jacket, and a good enough reason to come up with ways to wear a gray jacket. And check out that lining! Unfortunately, the sizing seems to be a bit outside the normal range. Tagged a 46, but I don’t think so. See measurements.
Extra Pictures! (Click to show)
15.5x33 Polo Ralph Lauren Script Label
Extras (Click to show)URL=http://s799.photobucket.com/user/michaelharris001/media/Holding/IMG_4882_zps7cacd7ed.jpg.html][/URL]
These use real MOP buttons, don’t they?
If you gotta have a pony on the shirt, at least put it in the gusset!
15.5 x 33 Charles Tyrwhitt FC Blue Glen Plaid pattern with yellow overstripe
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ermenegildo Zegna Longsleeved "polo" shirt. Size 54post #900 of 28597/2/13 at 9:12pmI find myself in need of:
1) a pair of high quality mid- to light beige kid suede elbow patches for a tweed SC (victims of a semi-successful wool stain removal experiment); and
2) a beaten to hell pair of braces with leather fasteners that I can harvest to rehabilitate an awesome pair of polka dot braces that have tragically lost one fastener.
edit: in testament to how awesome this community is, the items have been located. thanks!
Edited by GMMcL - 7/4/13 at 2:39pm
- The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 48 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What is the Retail Price for a Tom Ford Blazer and Scarf ?? 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Anyone happy with itailor.com? 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...