PM sent Deets Please
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on Today at 4:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Today at 6:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
- Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists Last post on 6/29/15 at 11:57pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread - Page 58post #856 of 27885/28/13 at 3:54pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #857 of 27885/28/13 at 9:32pmpost #858 of 27885/30/13 at 11:09ampost #859 of 27885/30/13 at 12:45pmQuote:
Pics or links of the model being offered?post #860 of 27885/31/13 at 12:57ampost #861 of 27886/2/13 at 11:03am
So, awhile back, the coolest of all cool dudes, GuitarPreacher (to whom ALL positive trade karma should be given) gave me an amazingly killer deal on some Alden shell longwings (like, AMAZINGLY killer: http://www.styleforum.net/t/9006/the-official-thrift-discount-store-bragging-thread/43575#post_5628915). I tried, oh so desperately, to make them work for a long time, but I just have to concede that they're too big for me. The problem is, they filled a very specific hole in my closet that will again go unfilled if I give them up, so my trade request is super specific. I'm only looking for:
1) Good (Alden, AE caliber)
2) Shells (a must...I only own one pair of shell and I love them/NEED another pair)
3) Brown or burgundy/color #8
4) Wingtips (I have some wiggle room here if someone has a killer pair of shell PTBs or oxfords, I *may* go for it)
5) in sizes 11.5-12.5D (obviously will depend on the maker)
I know it's a super specific request, but I really want to replace these shoes. I also won't sell them - I have a strict personal rule against selling anything for profit that I purchased discounted from someone else, so please no sale offers. I'll consider other awesome shoes for trade (and to a much lesser extent, tailored stuff), but would really REALLY like to replace these with another pair of shells. I know it's a shot in the dark, but figured I'd give it a try.
There's a little bit of damage to the top of the lining in the back of the shoe as you can see in the pics, but it should be hidden by pants most of the time when worn.post #862 of 27886/3/13 at 5:22pmpost #863 of 27886/3/13 at 6:25pmQuote:
navy pinstripe count?post #864 of 27886/6/13 at 9:42ampost #865 of 27886/6/13 at 5:51pmConsider this an interest check for a vintage 1950's Clicker coat in near-perfect condition. Rather than dealing with eBay, I wanted to see if a vintage enthusiast or Lakeland jacket fan would be interested in it for what I'd consider a fair price (ie less than the best/quick sale price people settle for on eBay). If so, please PM.post #866 of 27886/6/13 at 5:53pmpost #867 of 27886/6/13 at 11:36pm
Bump!Quote:Originally Posted by forbritisheyes
If anyone finds a slimmer fitting suit(about drop 7-9), can you let me know? I wear a 40-42L. Waist is 36", Inseam is 32"+ and sleeve is 26"+. Saw a great E. Zegna, but I think it is a 42S. Staple Navy(solid and glen plaid, herringbone, microstripe) and greys accepted(solid or patterned) and greatly appreciated. If it has pinstripes, let me know if the spacing is smaller - the largely-spaced ones aren't appropriate for my work place.
If you also find a standard navy sportcoat/blazer. Something like Brooks works. Flap or patch pockets are fine. I wear a 41-42L in Brooks.
I WILL PAY INSTANTLY WHEN THE RIGHT SUIT COMES ALONGpost #868 of 27886/7/13 at 8:49amI bought this some time ago from TweedyDon, but unfortunately it's a little small for me. I hope he does not mind me using his description and pictures, as they are much better than anything I would do:This is a lovely suit, that would be ideal for a chap starting out--or as an everyday go-to suit! Cut in a contemporary (but NOT fashion forward) style of subtle darting and two button closure, this suit is almost but not a dark grey glen plaid, being a crosshatch pattern with a lovely subtle overchck of dark red and dark blue. If this was a 40L, it wouldn't be here! This is half-canvassed, fully lined, and has a single center vent. It was made in the USA. The trousers are pleated and uncuffed. It is in absolutely excellent condition, and a steal at just $45, or offer.
Tagged 40R, this measures:Chest: 20 1/2
Sleeve: 25 (+1 1/2)
Shoulder: 18 1/4
Length: 30 1/2
Waist (flat): 15
Inseam: 29 + 2post #869 of 27886/7/13 at 9:04ampost #870 of 27886/7/13 at 9:14amLooking for 12e Alden's or Allen Edmonds in either browns or shades of burgundy - all set with black shoes as I have one very nice pair already. Mainly looking for blucher, longwing, or plain toe but I'll give a look at anything anyone is selling in this size.
Also expanding my sports coat collection and I am a 40R, sometimes 40L depending on the maker. Mostly looking to add some glen plaid and gun club patterns at this point but I also need a summer weight navy blazer.
- The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Niche Shorts in Deadstock Natural Cone Mills Denim, size Large 4 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › OAK ROOM - Gentlemen`s Shoe Store - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...