or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread - Page 33

post #481 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

Yo, dudes. I'm currently wearing a nice Paul Stuart suit sent by a dude here on very reasonable terms. Unfortunately, the trouser waist side adjusters have gone missing, and there are no belt loops.
Option A is to use braces. Not. Gonna. Happen.
Option B is to sell/trade. Prefer not because it fits fairly well and fills a void (yeah, I see it; don't care) in my wardrobe.
Option C: Pull the belt loops off similar trous. So I'm on the hunt for a dirt cheap pair of charcoal gray worsted trousers -- preferably Super 100s or better. Simce I'm only after the belt loops, the trous can be in the worst possible condition, including moth eaten, and any size at all.
Thanks for your time.

If you don't care how well they match, can't your tailor just make some? 

post #482 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

Yo, dudes. I'm currently wearing a nice Paul Stuart suit sent by a dude here on very reasonable terms. Unfortunately, the trouser waist side adjusters have gone missing, and there are no belt loops.
Option A is to use braces. Not. Gonna. Happen.
Option B is to sell/trade. Prefer not because it fits fairly well and fills a void (yeah, I see it; don't care) in my wardrobe.
Option C: Pull the belt loops off similar trous. So I'm on the hunt for a dirt cheap pair of charcoal gray worsted trousers -- preferably Super 100s or better. Simce I'm only after the belt loops, the trous can be in the worst possible condition, including moth eaten, and any size at all.
Thanks for your time.

But, but, I could give you really nice braces. Just sent couple to Easy.
post #483 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

If you don't care how well they match, can't your tailor just make some? 

This, I was thinking if there is any extra fabric on your pant cuffs, this might work.
post #484 of 2104

Hey everybody. New here. I have a few things for sell I think you may like.

 

Selling:

 

Patagonia Snap-T pullover fleece size M - Blue

Patagonia Snap-T pullover fleece size M - Grey

Vintage Izod-Lacoste Cardigan size M - Cream

+ more at my store..

http://www.bonanza.com/booths/hghgutt

 

Buying:

 

Barbour Liddesdale size L

 

Thanks!

post #485 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

If you don't care how well they match, can't your tailor just make some? 

She could. And there's even a bit of room to nip the trousers up and take actual suit fabric.

But that costs money. Forget that. Ripping belt loops off and sewing on while watching American Pickers costs me $0.

Here are a few pics, copied from the original SF post that I saw and PMed about. These are a little lighter than the IRL color. It's very dark charcoal.




post #486 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

If you don't care how well they match, can't your tailor just make some? 

I'm not sure if Grendel was referring to loops or adjusters, but I'll second his suggestion if it was for side adjusters. Don't try to match, because you never will. Get him to make something that complements, like a fine leather adjuster maybe.

On the other hand, I continue to believe that wearing braces is the single best reason to put on a suit instead of trousers and an odd jacket in the morning. They can not slip down or ride up. The pants don't have to be cinched down tight around your waist. You always, always have exactly the break you want at the cuffs. I put buttons into every pair of suit pants I get that doesn't come with them. (Well, I eventually do. shog[1].gif )
post #487 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

Yo, dudes. I'm currently wearing a nice Paul Stuart suit sent by a dude here on very reasonable terms. Unfortunately, the trouser waist side adjusters have gone missing, and there are no belt loops.
Option A is to use braces. Not. Gonna. Happen.
Option B is to sell/trade. Prefer not because it fits fairly well and fills a void (yeah, I see it; don't care) in my wardrobe.
Option C: Pull the belt loops off similar trous. So I'm on the hunt for a dirt cheap pair of charcoal gray worsted trousers -- preferably Super 100s or better. Simce I'm only after the belt loops, the trous can be in the worst possible condition, including moth eaten, and any size at all.
Thanks for your time.

 

I doubt you will eve find the exact same shade of any color you are trying to match.

 

Here's an idea. Contrasting color belt loops! I think white loops will look great and stylish on your charcoal suit! It's subtle because they are only belt loops, hard to see, yet tasteful because it's only white, not some crazy color. I've always love the idea of contrast color button holes, too!

post #488 of 2104

Hello gents.

 

I'm in need of a selvedge, chambray, light blue or light grey denim work shirt, in size Medium or a large that fits like a Medium.

 

Something like this. I would like to get it before Halloween...I'm willing to pay reasonable prices. Thanks!

 

1000

post #489 of 2104

I have some Naked and Famous Selvage Denim that I think I bought new from a member here. After a few wears, they just aren't for me. Tagged Size 32 with 33-34 inseam. See pictures below for exact measurements. PM me if interested!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

post #490 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

I doubt you will eve find the exact same shade of any color you are trying to match.

Here's an idea. Contrasting color belt loops! I think white loops will look great and stylish on your charcoal suit! It's subtle because they are only belt loops, hard to see, yet tasteful because it's only white, not some crazy color. I've always love the idea of contrast color button holes, too!

I'm crazy enough to try something like this, but this is intended to be a fairly conservative suit -- it being solid charcoal and a fairly conservative cut.

But no matter. Mission already accomplished. Found a shitty pair of no-name S120 gray trou that were $3. Color is srsly a near match. Now, would the loops meet a Sammy QC test? No. They're small and, if I'm honest, a little flimsy. But they will hold up a belt, and I'll damn near guarantee no one will ever be able to tell.
post #491 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post


I'm crazy enough to try something like this, but this is intended to be a fairly conservative suit -- it being solid charcoal and a fairly conservative cut.
But no matter. Mission already accomplished. Found a shitty pair of no-name S120 gray trou that were $3. Color is srsly a near match. Now, would the loops meet a Sammy QC test? No. They're small and, if I'm honest, a little flimsy. But they will hold up a belt, and I'll damn near guarantee no one will ever be able to tell.

 

Oh man, I have this crazy idea of after building a solid wardrobe, I'm gonna have my tailor stitch red button holes on a navy or blue suit with matching contrasting belt loops! It will be my "I'm here to par-tay suit"!

post #492 of 2104

Alden shoes are still available for trade! Just a tad too roomy for my foot or I'd love to keep them. If you have other Aldens (9-1/2 D), Selvedge denim (size 33-34) or a SC (42L in a slim fit) you want to unload hit me up and we can talk sizing!

 

 

Still have the 5 Oxxford suits to measure but expect them to be size 48-50L US

post #493 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

 

Oh man, I have this crazy idea of after building a solid wardrobe, I'm gonna have my tailor stitch red button holes on a navy or blue suit with matching contrasting belt loops! It will be my "I'm here to par-tay suit"!

 

I struggle to imagine the kind of party that would be appropriate for... 

post #494 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

 

I struggle to imagine the kind of party that would be appropriate for... 

 

The type of par-tay where everyone gets naked, eventually!!!

post #495 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

The type of par-tay where everyone gets naked, eventually!!!

Is there any other kind?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread