or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread - Page 240

post #3586 of 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedstate View Post

Lol get out of here noob. I'll take 38S as well.


No way, dude -- we must combine our powers to weather this storm.

I've got a nice, unworn, slim black linen coat by Theory. It's really nice, but the shoulders have passants or epaulets, depending on your level of nerdery, lending it a slight militar-ish feel. Been meaning to have those removed, but haven't gotten around to it, as I already have a go-to in that area. Just sayin'.

Anyway, this is doubly bad because my fiance loves the look of a man in a black suit and wants me to incorporate them somewhere. But....where?

I told her it was the equivalent of wishing someone would die. cloud.gif
post #3587 of 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob in 89 View Post

No way, dude -- we must combine our powers to weather this storm.

I've got a nice, unworn, slim black linen coat by Theory. It's really nice, but the shoulders have passants or epaulets, depending on your level of nerdery, lending it a slight militar-ish feel. Been meaning to have those removed, but haven't gotten around to it, as I already have a go-to in that area. Just sayin'.

Anyway, this is doubly bad because my fiance loves the look of a man in a black suit and wants me to incorporate them somewhere. But....where?

I told her it was the equivalent of wishing someone would die. cloud.gif
Lol. So true. Ok boys, one 38R and one 38S soul-sucking, death mongering black suit for noob and I please.
post #3588 of 3900
Black suits are the only suits you need once you get out of America. it is THE suit for the rest of the world
post #3589 of 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versace Guy View Post

Black suits are the only suits you need once you get out of America. it is THE suit for the rest of the world

Don't know where you're at but I see plenty of black suits here in the US too. Doesn't make it any better.
post #3590 of 3900
The Japanese look pretty nice in their slim black suit. It goes well with their natural contrast, better than any other colors I have seen
post #3591 of 3900
That's hardly "the rest of the world" but I agree, if anyone pulls it off, it is the Japanese.
post #3592 of 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedstate View Post


Don't know where you're at but I see plenty of black suits here in the US too. Doesn't make it any better.

Someone needs to inform Tom Ford who wears it as his uniform.

post #3593 of 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyme View Post

Someone needs to inform Tom Ford who wears it as his uniform.
that's called evening wear hun
post #3594 of 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedstate View Post


that's called evening wear hun

 

That's his look throughout the day regardless if he is conducting business or chilling with his homies.

 

Quote:

 Figure out what your look is. I don’t wear a black suit-white shirt combination all the time to be ‘iconic’ but because I’m most comfortable in this and I don’t feel the need to experiment.

 

 

Quote:
 That's hardly "the rest of the world" but I agree, if anyone pulls it off, it is the Japanese.

Once you get past US and some parts of Europe the rest of the world does wear black suiting to work on a daily basis.

post #3595 of 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyme View Post


Once you get past US and some parts of Europe the rest of the world does wear black suiting to work on a daily basis.
I'm not doubting it. Again I stand by the fact that it doesn't make it look any better. Fashion designers and other celebrities are hardly the barometer for everyone else. Once you start posting fit pics of you dressing like Prince or Tom Ford on the reg (and looking good doing it), then I'll see your point.
post #3596 of 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedstate View Post


I'm not doubting it. Again I stand by the fact that it doesn't make it look any better. Fashion designers and other celebrities are hardly the barometer of everyone else.

This whole idea of black suit being non suitable for work is ridiculous and highly propagated by SF community. Nothing against you but its boring and unoriginal.

 

Quote:
 Once you start posting fit pics of you dressing like Prince or Tom Ford on the reg (and looking good doing it), then I'll see your point.

There are plenty of horrible fit pics in WAYWT of Navy suits. It doesnt mean its an unacceptable color but if you want to send me a few Ford suits in Black then i will gladly model them for you.

post #3597 of 3900
Alright well it's clearly a sore spot so I'll stop but I'm speaking from a clearly aesthetic POV. Is it acceptable business dress? Of course. Is it pleasing to the eye? Subjective. But the general consensus here on the forum that you are active on... Nope
post #3598 of 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedstate View Post

Lol. So true. Ok boys, one 38R and one 38S soul-sucking, death mongering black suit for noob and I please.

Let me check my closet. I definitely have an ignored black suit.
post #3599 of 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedstate View Post

Alright well it's clearly a sore spot so I'll stop but I'm speaking from a clearly aesthetic POV. Is it acceptable business dress? Of course. Is it pleasing to the eye? Subjective. But the general consensus here on the forum that you are active on... Nope

Then again, this forum is hardly international. The consensus here is more of an American consensus. And the slim black suit look not just look good on Japanese, but on most East Asians. And it's not about fashion, that's what most of the world have been wearing before most of us were born
post #3600 of 3900

Ralph Lauren Purple Label size 14.5 x 33, French Cuff.

Looking to trade for similar in my size 15.5 x 34/35.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread