Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 4:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists Last post on Today at 3:34 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Recommendations for Style Upgrade from Traditional HF, HSM, and BB Last post on 9/22/11 at 7:00am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread - Page 15post #211 of 25256/3/12 at 3:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #212 of 25256/3/12 at 3:25pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Cross-posting for more coverage:
I am getting married in October of this year. I have the majority of my outfit picked out and ready to go. One thing is missing, though - a decent quality white, spread collar shirt. I'll go the retail route if need be, but so much awesome stuff comes through here, I have to ask.
So, if anyone comes across something that meets the following criteria, please PM. I'm no slouch on payment, and I'm not a dick about prices, so let's chat.
Things I'm looking for in a shirt:
- 100% cotton
- MUST IRON
- solid white in a plain weave
- spread collar
- 15/15.5 -32 or 33
- quality company
Some examples of what I'm looking for:
- BB purple label shirts or above (Golden Fleece, etc)
- Turbull & Asser
Taken care of. Thanks!
Edited by MattR - 6/3/12 at 4:47pmpost #213 of 25256/3/12 at 4:40pmpost #214 of 25256/3/12 at 6:22pmpost #215 of 25256/3/12 at 6:40pmpost #216 of 25256/4/12 at 4:23pmThread Starterpost #217 of 25256/4/12 at 6:08pmpost #218 of 25256/4/12 at 6:48pmThread Starterpost #219 of 25256/5/12 at 6:14pmpost #220 of 25256/5/12 at 6:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by bytor13
I have a TON of ties I need to get rid of. I would like to trade for things (see my sig), but would be willing to get rid of just about anything quite easily. If it doesn't work here, I guess I'll try my hand at the 'bay.
Brands include Gucci Brioni Zegna, Dunhill... you name it! Sizes in sig, and listed in bytor's sig... Except I wear an 8-8.5. So if you find this appealing and have shoes in said size get at me!
PS bytor, we should see if we could trade items we've had for awhile with one another lol.post #221 of 25256/6/12 at 12:54am
Dropped some prices. I seriously need these out the door TOMORROW. If you're interested and you think my pricing is off then offer whatever you want. I'll be adding more stuff here in a few minutes. Shirts, pants, ties, more SC's. EVERYTHING HAS TO GO. I'm completely flexible on the pricing so don't hesitate to PM me. Will bundle for lower pricing. Don't care. Thanks!Quote:Originally Posted by vexco
K, due to job cuts and shit I'm about $400 short of my goal...which is 2 weeks away. So, everything has to go. If you're not feeling my prices then please offer; the worst I can say is no and I probably won't.
Canali mini-windowpane(not sure what to call this pattern) SC. Tagged EU56R. Dual-vented, fully lined and canvassed. Sorry for any spotting on the pictures. There's a small blemish on the front of the shoulder; it's a hole about the size of a nailhead. Very small. $40 shipped CONUS or best offer.
Measurements: P2P: 23". S2S: 20". Sleeves: 24". Length from BOC: 31.5".
Oxxford 2 button SC. Single-vented, fully-lined and canvassed. Tagged 41T. SOLD!!!
S2S: 17.25". P2P: 21". Sleeves: 25". Length: 32.5".
Norman Hilton 3-roll-2, 100% wool sport coat. Tagged 40T. Single-vented, fully-lined and canvassed. Absolutely amazing condition. SOLD!!!!
S2S: 18". P2P: 20". Sleeves: 25.5". Length: 31"
Oxxford 2 button super 100's wool blazer. Metal buttons, single-vented, half-lined and canvassed. Tagged 44T. Small rip in the lining near the arm(see pictures). Should be an easy fix. SOLD!!!!
S2S: 20". P2P: 23". Sleeves: 24.5". Length: 32.5"
Isaia super 120's pincord, 3-button SC. Tagged EU54L. Double-vented, fully-lined and canvassed. Jacket is in amazing condition with no flaws. $55 shipped CONUS or best offer!
S2S: 19". P2P: 22". Sleeves: 24.5" with 1" to let out. Length: 32"
Will add some pants and shirts here in an hour.
Edited by vexco - 6/6/12 at 12:34pmpost #222 of 25256/6/12 at 1:39am
Everything here needs to go...now. Don't like my prices? Offer. Worst I can say is no but chances are I won't as I need money more than I need to feel like I got fair value.
Brioni shirt. Tagged XL; olive green. MOP buttons. $22 shipped CONUS or best offer.
Zegna dress shirt. Tagged 18x46cmL. Brown/burnt orange color. $16 shipped CONUS or best offer.
Gitman Bros broadcloth striped dress shirt. Tagged 16.5x33. $16 shipped CONUS or best offer.
Neiman Marcus non-iron, spread-collar dress shirt. Tagged 16x36. $16 shipped CONUS or best offer.
Woolrich buffalo plaid fleece jacket. Tagged size SMALL. 4 pocket front. This thing is RIDICULOUS but way too small for me. $30 shipped CONUS or best offer.
Zanella "Bennett" pant. 38x30. Double-pleated and cuffed. Each pair of Zanella pants are $16 shipped CONUS. 2 for 30 shipped. All 3 for $42 shipped CONUS. Or best offer.
Zanella "Austin" pants. Double pleated and cuffed. Size 40x30. Pricing above.
Zanella "Bennett" pants. Double-pleated and cuffed. Size 36x30. Pricing above!
H. Freeman & Sons. 100% Cashmere houndstooth SC. Single-vented and fully-lined. This thing is SICK. No tagged size but measurements provided below. $30 shipped CONUS or best offer.
Shoulder to shoulder: 19". Pit to pit: 22". Sleeves: 24"+more to let out. Length from BOC: 31.5"
Allyn St. George Harris Tweed. Super awesome. No tagged size but measurements provided below. Single-vented and fully-lined. Patch pockets.
S2S: 20.25". P2P: 22". Sleeves: 25". Length from BOC: 32"
Ties. $12 shipped CONUS per tie OR will throw in a free one per order. Charvet, Valentino, Zegna, Zegna, Lanvin.
Southwick Birdseye SC. Tagged 44T. Single-vented and lined. $25 shipped CONUS or best offer!
Paul Stuart wool shirt/jacket thing. Hidden buttons all the way up; real leather trim. Untagged size but fits about like an L...slightly too small for me or I'd keep it. $30 shipped CONUS or best offer.post #223 of 25256/6/12 at 7:51am
I got around to measuring the Oxxford I posted about in the thrifting thread a few days ago. It says 44, but it is definitely not.
Here are the deets, if anyone's interested in a beater Oxxford (there have been some repairs to the pants around the pockets, and there's a tiny hole in the pants — the bad spots are nothing that wouldn't be covered up while wearing the jacket or really all that noticeable when not).
Three button, half-lined.
Pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7171611...7629999854919/
If there's serious interest, I can take more detailed pics of the condition, which I'm making sound much worse than it actually is.
p2p: 21 1/4
waist: 19 1/4
Length: 31 1/4
pants: 17 waist
I'd probably want around $50 shipped or a trade for a summer suit.post #224 of 25256/7/12 at 6:18pmpost #225 of 25256/7/12 at 7:30pm
Besides the ties, I have a lot more that I need to get rid of. Next up is a number of pairs of pairs of pants. *Note: 1 pair = 1 pant, not 2!
These have been sitting around since my early days of thrifting, so they're not all high-demand items, but I've got to do something with them. I'm not above any offers that might be made.
All pictures can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/2sRpH#0
Measurements (in order) are: Across waist, inseam, notes about the pants
Also, consider these measurements a guideline, not a rule. Who do you think I am, Martin Greenfield?
BB mustard cords
20 27.5 flat front Cuffs
Zanella dark charcoal
17.5 31.5 Double Pleated, cuffs lined to the knee
Zanella light charcoal
19 30.75 Double Pleated, cuffs lined to the knee
Zanella mid charcoal
18 31 Quad Pleated, cuffs lined to the knee
PRL brown/olive cotton
16.5 32.5 Double Pleated, cuffs
16.75 30 Flat Front, No Cuffs
BB black dress
16 27 Double Pleated, cuffs
Faconnable brown cords
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
17.5 30 Double Pleated, cuffs
Barbera brown cords
Double Pleated, no cuffs
BB charcoal dress
15.5 26.5 Double Pleated, cuffs BB hudson khaki 18 31 Flat Front, No Cuffs
BB glen plaid
19.5 30.5 Flat Front, No Cuffs
PRL tan cords
17 32.75 Double Pleated, no cuffs
PRL brown cords
18.25 30 Flat Front, No Cuffs
NWT PRL Prospect khaki cords
17 30 Flat Front, No Cuffs
BB advantage chino hudson x2 (worn only 1 time each)
17 30 Flat Front, No Cuffs
BB advantage chino clark (worn only 1 time)
17 30 Flat Front, No Cuffs Zanella bennett dark brown 17 26.25 Double Pleated, no cuffs 1'' extra hem, small hole covered by fly when zipped Zanella benny light tan unicorns 18 26 Flat Front, No Cuffs lined to the knee Zanella plain charcoal 19.25 29.25 Double Pleated, cuffs lined to the knee Zanella Austin nailhead charcoal 18.5 29.75 Double Pleated, cuffs lined to the knee
Barbera soft brown cords
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
18 27 Double Pleated, no cuffs
Edited by bytor13 - 6/9/12 at 1:27pm
- The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › How many miles did you run today? just now
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 second ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 23 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 31 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 35 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Wings + Horns x Dayton Service Boots (brown, size 9) 2 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...