Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 1:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
- Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists Last post on 7/25/15 at 11:53am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s Clobber in It Happened...Last edited: 3/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread - Page 83post #1231 of 285712/29/13 at 12:26pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1232 of 285712/29/13 at 2:10pmpost #1233 of 285712/29/13 at 3:31pmpost #1234 of 285712/29/13 at 3:56pmpost #1235 of 285712/29/13 at 3:57pmpost #1236 of 285712/29/13 at 4:28pmQuote:
You could say most people don't use seat belts, too, but that's an argument against stupidity, not the efficacy of the seat belt.
Personal payments also violate b&s rules.post #1237 of 285712/29/13 at 8:37pmQuote:Quote:
When selling off eBay, I send an invoice to the buyer for goods. Happy for PayPal to take a few percent (less than eBay + PP fees) and I have some seller protections...if over $150 I also send signature required and insured.post #1238 of 285712/29/13 at 8:44pmQuote:
B&S rules? What does that have to with trading via PM? As far as I can tell, using PayPal other than personal use does nothing to protect the seller.post #1239 of 285712/29/13 at 9:45pmpost #1240 of 285712/29/13 at 11:54pmQuote:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Bro, how dare you break up all the talks about PP for asking a trade!!!post #1241 of 285712/30/13 at 6:25amQuote:
As long as you check the "Paying for goods or services" box and not the "Send money to friends or family" box the seller is totally at your mercy. PayPal and eBay always, 100% of the time, rule against the seller in an item dispute case. The most telling case is where a guy sold a hutch to a lady with "local pickup." She arrived, inspected the item, loaded it in her truck and took it home. In the process of unloading it at home one of the legs was broken. She demanded her money back from the seller. He refused as it was not his responsibility once she left his property with it. She filed an item not as described claim and was promptly refunded her money for something she received in perfect condition and broke after taking possession of it. The seller had to eat the cost and was left with a worthless broken item.
Thank God there are not more dishonest people in this world or eBay and PayPal would quickly collapse having no one willing to sell anything using their services.post #1242 of 285712/30/13 at 9:47am
Awesome Culwell & Son gray herringbone flap patch sport coat (more pictures). Almost no shoulder padding. Fabric is very soft and relatively light weight. Incredibly comfortable; wears like a sweater. $35 shipped CONUS. I'm open to trades; please see my signature.
18 2/8 in (shoulder seam to shoulder seam)
22 3/8 in (pit to pit)
31 in (BOC)
21.25 in (waist)
24.5 in (arm)
Edited by JackFlash - 12/30/13 at 11:00ampost #1243 of 285712/30/13 at 10:13ampost #1244 of 285712/30/13 at 10:38ampost #1245 of 285712/30/13 at 10:47amQuote:
Note, these are not pulled from NYC. You can thank the thrifts outside of Boston for these guys. I always make the rounds when visiting the folks. Always full of trad goodness.
- The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › NWT Ernest Alexander Watson Briefcase (Brown/Tan) Waxed Canvas (2... 2 seconds ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NWT Ernest Alexander Watson Briefcase (Brown/Tan) Waxed Canvas (2... 4 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Carmina Sizing Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...