or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread - Page 83

post #1231 of 1934
Im in Toms River, near Seaside Heights
post #1232 of 1934
Just a reminder to everyone that it's pretty much the seller at risk when dealing with PayPal, so a lot of these fears seem unfounded.
post #1233 of 1934
Not really, unless you're dealing with it as a transaction. Most people here use PayPal as a personal payment. Your payment is not covered.
post #1234 of 1934
Back to topic
post #1235 of 1934
I treat my PP as my merchant service. Do business as a transaction for some protection.
post #1236 of 1934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

Not really, unless you're dealing with it as a transaction. Most people here use PayPal as a personal payment. Your payment is not covered.

You could say most people don't use seat belts, too, but that's an argument against stupidity, not the efficacy of the seat belt.

Personal payments also violate b&s rules.
post #1237 of 1934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

Not really, unless you're dealing with it as a transaction. Most people here use PayPal as a personal payment. Your payment is not covered.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post

I treat my PP as my merchant service. Do business as a transaction for some protection.

 

When selling off eBay, I send an invoice to the buyer for goods.  Happy for PayPal to take a few percent (less than eBay + PP fees) and I have some seller protections...if over $150 I also send signature required and insured.

post #1238 of 1934
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob View Post

You could say most people don't use seat belts, too, but that's an argument against stupidity, not the efficacy of the seat belt.

Personal payments also violate b&s rules.

B&S rules? What does that have to with trading via PM? As far as I can tell, using PayPal other than personal use does nothing to protect the seller.
post #1239 of 1934

In the hunt for 36-38R staple suits.

 

Also have a pair of brand new with case Tom Ford sunglasses I am looking to offload for a buc 25 or so. Get at me if interested. :devil:

post #1240 of 1934
Quote:
Originally Posted by tben View Post
 

In the hunt for 36-38R staple suits.

 

Also have a pair of brand new with case Tom Ford sunglasses I am looking to offload for a buc 25 or so. Get at me if interested. :devil:


Bro, how dare you break up all the talks about PP for asking a trade!!!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
:D
post #1241 of 1934
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob View Post

Just a reminder to everyone that it's pretty much the seller at risk when dealing with PayPal, so a lot of these fears seem unfounded.

This. 

 

As long as you check the "Paying for goods or services" box and not the "Send money to friends or family" box the seller is totally at your mercy. PayPal and eBay always, 100% of the time, rule against the seller in an item dispute case. The most telling case is where a guy sold a hutch to a lady with "local pickup." She arrived, inspected the item, loaded it in her truck and took it home. In the process of unloading it at home one of the legs was broken. She demanded her money back from the seller. He refused as it was not his responsibility once she left his property with it. She filed an item not as described claim and was promptly refunded her money for something she received in perfect condition and broke after taking possession of it. The seller had to eat the cost and was left with a worthless broken item. 

 

Thank God there are not more dishonest people in this world or eBay and PayPal would quickly collapse having no one willing to sell anything using their services. 

post #1242 of 1934

NOS with tags madras from Langrock, the legendary Princeton campus shop (more pictures). Nice article from Bruce Boyer on Langrock here. Tagged 35, though approximate measurements below:

 

SOLD

 

Awesome Culwell & Son gray herringbone flap patch sport coat (more pictures). Almost no shoulder padding. Fabric is very soft and relatively light weight. Incredibly comfortable; wears like a sweater. $35 shipped CONUS. I'm open to trades; please see my signature.

 

Measurements:


18 2/8 in (shoulder seam to shoulder seam)
22 3/8 in (pit to pit)
31 in (BOC)
21.25 in (waist)
24.5 in (arm)


Edited by JackFlash - 12/30/13 at 11:00am
post #1243 of 1934
Everything is in good to excellent condition; all prices include shipping, also taking offers.


Brooks Brothers sport coat, seems NWT, tagged size 40R $45
Penfield jacket, size small, $40




Edited by RebelWithACause - 12/30/13 at 1:59pm
post #1244 of 1934
Jack flash that madras is nice
interesting history
Post more deets
Looks superb if from the 60s

Edit notice you have link to pics
!!
post #1245 of 1934
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow View Post

Jack flash that madras is nice
interesting history
Post more deets
Looks superb if from the 60s

Edit notice you have link to pics
!!

 

Note, these are not pulled from NYC. You can thank the thrifts outside of Boston for these guys. I always make the rounds when visiting the folks. Always full of trad goodness. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread