or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Deo Veritas MTM Shirts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Deo Veritas MTM Shirts

post #1 of 30
Thread Starter 

Hi everyone. In my ongoing quest for decent shirts in styles that I like without breaking the bank, I have come across a company called Deo Veritas based out of Chicago, but who make their shirts in Hong Kong. They look a step up that what I have seen of Modern Tailor, and only use quality Tessitura Monti or Thomas Mason cottons, and they have good options (and some that I particularly prefer) in terms of collars and cuffs (indeed you can specify further than just their standard options in the design process too).

 

There are a few strong reviews online in blogs and positive noises on Ask Andy. But I have searched and found no reference to them here. Has anyone used them? Are they worth trying? And can you post some pictures as examples.

post #2 of 30
Looks like they are jumping into the same world as MT, Cottonwork, Alexander West. With all of these options out there, maybe they'll all increase the quality factor as they fight for our dollars.
post #3 of 30
The Gentleman's Gazette has a review of Deo Veritas that might help you.
post #4 of 30
Thread Starter 

Quote:

Originally Posted by enzoangelo View Post

The Gentleman's Gazette has a review of Deo Veritas that might help you.


That sounds very good. I think I am going to give them a try...

post #5 of 30
Hi FlyingMonkey,

How did your order go?

I ordered a shirt in early November 2012...their website said “28 - 31 days is the typical order lead time"...did not get a reply back from them until January 2013 (after I had emailed them in three separate emails inquiring about its progress) and only then to say that they were confused about my measurements.

Furthermore, I requested an alteration to be made to the collar (in these emails I also responded to their measurement queries)... they replied to the measurement issue, but ignored my queries about the alterations. Finally, after, the fourth attempt, they said they could do the alteration...although they were still confused about the measurements...

Finally, on 6th March 2013, I emailed saying it would save us both the trouble if we just canceled the order...no reply. I tried requesting my refund again on 14 March 2013, and then on 19 March 2013, before they replied on 20 March 2013 saying they had just now shipped my shirt.

So I received the package a while later...but it was a standard style without the alteration I requested...

My advice regarding Deo Veritas, save your money ( and your dignity). Go to Jantzen, or Modern Tailor instead; they actually answer your emails and keep their promises.
post #6 of 30

I can't say I agree with your assessment of Deo Veritas.  I'm a bit biased as I've been ordering from them for over 3 years (have 12 so far) and have nothing but good things to share.  I've even sent them pics of shirts I wanted to replicate from a Chalky White (Boardwalk Empire) inspired club collar to a horizontal stripe pattern straight out of Wall Street.  I had one issue related to measurements but found that the error was actually on my end.  Regardless, they took care of it once I sent it to them.  

 

Getting heavy customization along with tailored measurements is no easy task.  I've used all of the aforementioned (Jantzen, Modern Tailor, Shirtsmyway) and would recommend these guys bar none.  

 

Not to discount your claim but you're a story is a bit of an outlier.  There's literally no negative press out there on these guys.  

 

-Adam

post #7 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufa363 View Post

Hi FlyingMonkey,

How did your order go?
 

 

Didn't go for it in the end. Having tried Kamakura's sizing, it seems perfectly suited to me, so no need for MTM, and I am waiting until I get back to Japan in the summer to stock up.

post #8 of 30

 

so sorry to read of one's negative experience, but allow me to share my relationship with dv and me.  first a bit of a qualifier for a certain 'expectation' of my business wardrobe:

1)  I have worn custom/made-to-measure shirts, manufactured by the same shirt maker, for 25 years.  The family business (ripley shirt co) closed as there were no members to carry on its existence.  I also have purchased my other clothing items from the same menswear store for this same 25 years (pockets menswear);

 

2)  the three reasons why I wear custom shirts (in order of priority):  a)  fit; b) customization (ie, collar/cuff, covered button placket, no pocket, stripe orientation); and, c) I truly enjoy clothes, thus a) and b); and,

 

3)  over the years, I’ve noted certain style touches that I have incorporated into my shirts; my shirt maker simply made a template of these and I would reference on reorders.  It should be noted my shirt maker was local, with the office/showroom in the front, and his seamstresses in the back of the building (we all know the benefit of this)

 

after an unsuccessful pursuit of a couple of recommendations, I placed a call to dv and was fortunate to have the opportunity to speak with the president, vinnie sikka, as to my situation and desire for certain personal preferences in my shirts.  I forward six to eight jpegs; vinnie’s response was that each could be provided.  We agreed as to a format for my shirt options-he would keep my jpegs and I would reference them by jpeg number during the order process.

 

With respect to the website, i established a profile using measurements from three of my most recent ripley shirts, thus creating a consistent set of measurements.

 

As many of you will note, dv offers a hand sewn collar and cuff option.  Never experiencing this, I did a bit of reading and determined it too, was something I wanted to try.  It truly is something you can feel; very unique and something I would describe as a ‘soft fullness’ to both collar and cuff.  With respect to how it would launder, it comes out very similar to the look of a fused collar and cuff.

 

As I had a really good feeling about this endeavor, my initial order was for three shirts; solid, check, and stripe.  Speaking of stripes, all my stripes are horizontal as opposed to vertical.   I have attached a couple of pictures of this style created by dv.  What may be of interest is the attention to detail at the ‘match lines’; those areas where sections of material come together.  With respect to the collar, this tab collar does not have a typical button sewn on for fastening.  I had a plating company manufacture a brass stud (shown on the rose stripe shirt) that is pretty cool.  Should you wish to utilize this type collar, you might email vinnie as to a source for a stud or simply ask for a button tab.  Lastly, they have been able to address two different versions of a tab cuff.

 

All three shirts in the initial order were spot-on.  Additionally, I wear  my watch on the left wrist, thus my order included a note for a one-half inch increase in circumference on the left; this too, was accommodated.  So…off they went to the cleaners and I immediately turned around and ordered another two.  Additional orders now account for twelve of my shirts coming from dv.  Fit and customization has never been an issue although a couple of shirts had a mixup in collar/cuff requests.  both times, dv stood behind these and resolved to my satisfaction.

 

 

IMG_3314.JPG 3,104k .JPG file

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_3317.JPG 2,780k .JPG file

 

 

 

 

Rarely have I ever been ‘all-in’ as it relates to this e-tailing environment; I’ve simply dabbled here and there.  Like many of you, there is always a perceived higher level of confidence to see/smell/touch most purchases.   For this one individual, that is not the situation here.  I am very pleased the ‘stars aligned’ and I have had the opportunity to cross paths with deo veritas.  I feel confident that dv will be my shirt maker until one of us no longer exists. 

 

while a bit lengthly, i hope this 'short story' brings some of you a bit of confidence.

post #9 of 30
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73rebzcar View Post

 
so sorry to read of one's negative experience, but allow me to share my relationship with dv and me.  first a bit of a qualifier for a certain 'expectation' of my business wardrobe:
1)  I have worn custom/made-to-measure shirts, manufactured by the same shirt maker, for 25 years.  The family business (ripley shirt co) closed as there were no members to carry on its existence.  I also have purchased my other clothing items from the same menswear store for this same 25 years (pockets menswear);

2)  the three reasons why I wear custom shirts (in order of priority):  a)  fit; b) customization (ie, collar/cuff, covered button placket, no pocket, stripe orientation); and, c) I truly enjoy clothes, thus a) and b); and,

3)  over the years, I’ve noted certain style touches that I have incorporated into my shirts; my shirt maker simply made a template of these and I would reference on reorders.  It should be noted my shirt maker was local, with the office/showroom in the front, and his seamstresses in the back of the building (we all know the benefit of this)

after an unsuccessful pursuit of a couple of recommendations, I placed a call to dv and was fortunate to have the opportunity to speak with the president, vinnie sikka, as to my situation and desire for certain personal preferences in my shirts.  I forward six to eight jpegs; vinnie’s response was that each could be provided.  We agreed as to a format for my shirt options-he would keep my jpegs and I would reference them by jpeg number during the order process.

With respect to the website, i established a profile using measurements from three of my most recent ripley shirts, thus creating a consistent set of measurements.

As many of you will note, dv offers a hand sewn collar and cuff option.  Never experiencing this, I did a bit of reading and determined it too, was something I wanted to try.  It truly is something you can feel; very unique and something I would describe as a ‘soft fullness’ to both collar and cuff.  With respect to how it would launder, it comes out very similar to the look of a fused collar and cuff.

As I had a really good feeling about this endeavor, my initial order was for three shirts; solid, check, and stripe.  Speaking of stripes, all my stripes are horizontal as opposed to vertical.   I have attached a couple of pictures of this style created by dv.  What may be of interest is the attention to detail at the ‘match lines’; those areas where sections of material come together.  With respect to the collar, this tab collar does not have a typical button sewn on for fastening.  I had a plating company manufacture a brass stud (shown on the rose stripe shirt) that is pretty cool.  Should you wish to utilize this type collar, you might email vinnie as to a source for a stud or simply ask for a button tab.  Lastly, they have been able to address two different versions of a tab cuff.

All three shirts in the initial order were spot-on.  Additionally, I wear  my watch on the left wrist, thus my order included a note for a one-half inch increase in circumference on the left; this too, was accommodated.  So…off they went to the cleaners and I immediately turned around and ordered another two.  Additional orders now account for twelve of my shirts coming from dv.  Fit and customization has never been an issue although a couple of shirts had a mixup in collar/cuff requests.  both times, dv stood behind these and resolved to my satisfaction.


IMG_3314.JPG 3104k .JPG file


 


IMG_3317.JPG 2780k .JPG file




Rarely have I ever been ‘all-in’ as it relates to this e-tailing environment; I’ve simply dabbled here and there.  Like many of you, there is always a perceived higher level of confidence to see/smell/touch most purchases.   For this one individual, that is not the situation here.  I am very pleased the ‘stars aligned’ and I have had the opportunity to cross paths with deo veritas.  I feel confident that dv will be my shirt maker until one of us no longer exists. 

while a bit lengthly, i hope this 'short story' brings some of you a bit of confidence.
Welcome to the forum.
post #10 of 30
I've just received my first order fom DeoVeritas. Fantastic! The fit is great. The fabrics are a high quality. And, I placed a follow-up order for two more shirts. For comparison purposes, my wife was a consultant for J.Hilburn for about a year. (She got "fired" because she went a fiscal quarter with no sales. Long story but it was a part-time gig for her; she has a full-time "J.O.B.," as the pyramidal sales folks call it, that was more lucrative; and she was/is dealing with an ailing and aged mother.) So I have several J.Hilburn shirts and suits. The J.Hilburn stuff is very nice but, upon her inspection, she agreed with me that the DeoVeritas shirts are superior. Further, given that DeoVeritas shirts are about $20 cheaper, exclusive of taxes and shipping, in my opinion, DeoVeritas is the winner of this competitiion. A couple of recommendations to DeVeritas, (1) please choose fabrics to ensure continued availability of at least the basics; there is nothing more frustrating to us creatures of habit than to find a plain white pique fabric to be discontnued out of stock; (2) collar stays: plastic ones are cheap and worthless; but one only needs a couple pair of high quality brass stays; add some to your accessory inventory; and (3) subscribe to ConstantContact or similar, us guys are not too different from the ladies in so far as some of us are suckers for sales if we know about them.

So ... Bottom line ... Try DeoVeritas. You will not be disappointed!
post #11 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by wineaux View Post

I've just received my first order fom DeoVeritas. Fantastic! The fit is great. The fabrics are a high quality. And, I placed a follow-up order for two more shirts. For comparison purposes, my wife was a consultant for J.Hilburn for about a year. (She got "fired" because she went a fiscal quarter with no sales. Long story but it was a part-time gig for her; she has a full-time "J.O.B.," as the pyramidal sales folks call it, that was more lucrative; and she was/is dealing with an ailing and aged mother.) So I have several J.Hilburn shirts and suits. The J.Hilburn stuff is very nice but, upon her inspection, she agreed with me that the DeoVeritas shirts are superior. Further, given that DeoVeritas shirts are about $20 cheaper, exclusive of taxes and shipping, in my opinion, DeoVeritas is the winner of this competitiion. A couple of recommendations to DeVeritas, (1) please choose fabrics to ensure continued availability of at least the basics; there is nothing more frustrating to us creatures of habit than to find a plain white pique fabric to be discontnued out of stock; (2) collar stays: plastic ones are cheap and worthless; but one only needs a couple pair of high quality brass stays; add some to your accessory inventory; and (3) subscribe to ConstantContact or similar, us guys are not too different from the ladies in so far as some of us are suckers for sales if we know about them.

So ... Bottom line ... Try DeoVeritas. You will not be disappointed!

Welcome to the forum.
post #12 of 30
Thread Starter 

Hmm. Two brand new posters, both with a faux-folksy style, who just happen to love Deo Veritas. That kind of bullshit makes me glad I never tried this company.

post #13 of 30

I tried Deo Veritas a few years back, when I was testing out different MTM shirtmakers. They made me 2 very well-fitting shirts that I still wear now, but when I placed another order it got delayed for many weeks past the expected delivery/order lead time, and my multiple inquiries were met with BS about how "it's been shipped and is on the way". I got fed up, got my refund, and they've lost my business since then.

 

It's really too bad because they made me good shirts that last a long time and were worth the $$. I also had some fairly terrible experiences with other MTM shirtmakers like NiAlma, where seams on their shirts started bursting after a few washes.

 

Kamakura shirts look promising, maybe I will give them a try if one of their sizes fit me well.

post #14 of 30
Mr. FlyingMonkey. I'm a real DeoVeritas buyer. Not sure how to verify myself on this forum. Received my first shirt just yesterday (07/18/2013), a white solid jaquard. After I raved about the shirt in a direct e-mail, Vinnie did ask that I post my impressions on this site. Nothing wrong with him taking advantage of a positive review. Without his asking, I did post brief accolades on the DeoVeritas FaceBook page. As I said in my original post. It's beautiful and very well-made. Very happy, so much so that I ordered two more last night. And, I stand by my assessment that the DeoVeritas shirts are superior to J.Hilburn shirts, another MTM shirt seller in the U.S. I have read through some of the other posts ... I think the criticism is fair that the interval between ordering and delivery is a tad long but only by a week. But let's face it ... if you need a shirt tomorrow or even next week, you're headed to a brick-and-mortar store. Certainly, exceptions are bound to occur in any service industry. So long as the vendor is responsive and they deliver a quality product, I'll tolerate a delay. (As a reference, the lead time on a new Ferrari ... 18 months, I am told. If you can't wait, you can always go buy a Porsche off the dealer's lot.)
post #15 of 30

Hi All,

A few customers gave me the heads up that we were catching some flack on here.  I (Vinnie Sikka -- Owner of Deo Veritas) was a bit ticked off by a comment made about our credibility so I thought I'd take the opportunity to clear up a few things.  Since it's my first posting, I hope no one calls into question the validity of MY identity (I signed up via Facebook).  As our customers know, you can always reach me direct at vinnie.sikka@deoveritas.com -- anytime. 

1.  We DO NOT EVER, NOR HAVE WE EVER had paid (or unpaid) readers post fake testimonials on forums.  EVER.  Any review that you've seen on this forum or any other that mentions our name -- whether it be favorable, unfavorable, or indifferent is 100% real.  

 

We do encourage customers that have contacted us with their unsolicited opinions to share those experiences with others via forums, blogs, or other social media.  I'm not just referring to positive experiences either.  Particularly if we've been able to right a wrong, I've encouraged customers to share those thoughts as well.  One thing to note, we NEVER offer any type of reimbursement for testimonials.  I repeat -- WE NEVER OFFER REIMBURSEMENT OF ANY KIND FOR TESTIMONIALS.   


3.  Even though I'm not able to confirm who the customer actually is or his actual order, I would concur with the assessment that the lead times for us a couple years back were excessive.  Two years ago, we were maxed out in terms of skilled labor and as a result were backlogged with orders that took in excess of 6 weeks to fulfill.  Those days are gone.  In the time since, we've doubled our capacity by hiring more skilled tailors / seamstresses and switched delivery carriers from HK Post to FedEx for all orders.  Those strides, in addition to a few others have been instrumental in us getting shirts in our customers hands quicker than ever.  One thing I don't think you'll ever hear anyone question is the quality of our shirts.  I can stand tall saying that I believe we have the best MTM shirts on the market.  We care about quality above all else.     

This is a bit off topic but I will say this.  In this day and age, it's unbelievably easy to hide behind an avatar and bash a product or service due to a real or perceived problem.  There's next to no accountability on behalf of the poster nor is there any recourse or remediation available to the retailer since most of the posters choose to stay anonymous.  I do like how styleforum is giving readers the option to login / post via Facebook.  This is a step in the right direction in that posters know that they have to have some accountability for their words.   

 

Thanks All,

Vinnie 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Deo Veritas MTM Shirts