or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion - Page 146

post #2176 of 2303
Like most talented people, Lewis is a front runner. He's never lost to a teammate except once and doesn't really know how to handle it. His behavior all week has been strange to say the least.

He definitely lost focus after last week's engine blowup. I can see him winning 2 more races and then completely falling apart at Abu Dhabi once the WDC is locked up and there's nothing left to drive for.
post #2177 of 2303
I wasn't knocking on MB for dominated, I'd just like to see some flair.
post #2178 of 2303
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

Like most talented people, Lewis is a front runner. He's never lost to a teammate except once and doesn't really know how to handle it. His behavior all week has been strange to say the least.

He definitely lost focus after last week's engine blowup. I can see him winning 2 more races and then completely falling apart at Abu Dhabi once the WDC is locked up and there's nothing left to drive for.

He's convinced himself he can live a distracted lifestyle and still be the alpha. It's not working. Yes, some bad luck this season, but also mistakes of his own have put him where he is. He lost focus last season, this has been brewing for a while.
post #2179 of 2303
With equal reliability, Hamilton is in front or level with Rosberg. He's the same guy that he was before.
post #2180 of 2303
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

With equal reliability, Hamilton is in front or level with Rosberg. He's the same guy that he was before.

Equal at best, if you take away any Rosberg issues. It's a dip in form. And his behavior is becoming erratic.
post #2181 of 2303
Dude. Even if you assume that Hamilton isn't able to pass Rosberg after his various misfortunes (and no adjustment in points for either driver due to poor starts which seem to have hit them roughly equally), here's the points situation:

Bahrain: Bottas hit him +3
China: Started from the back due to mechanical +12
European: Mode fuck-up +8
Malaysia: Kablooie +28

That's 51 points, far more than his current deficit to Rosberg. This is not even best-case scenario!
post #2182 of 2303
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Dude. Even if you assume that Hamilton isn't able to pass Rosberg after his various misfortunes (and no adjustment in points for either driver due to poor starts which seem to have hit them roughly equally), here's the points situation:

Bahrain: Bottas hit him +3
China: Started from the back due to mechanical +12
European: Mode fuck-up +8
Malaysia: Kablooie +28

That's 51 points, far more than his current deficit to Rosberg. This is not even best-case scenario!

Take Spain, Rosberg was in front, claw 7 points back. Barhain was a racing incident, 3. Rosberg's transmission issue in Britain cost him 3. That's 38. The lead is 33, so its a delta of 5.

You're also making the assumption that Lewis would have won all those races, so that 5 points is well within the margin to swing it either way.

From what I've seen Nico has been just as competitive. Race wins, it's 9-6 and quali it's 8-8.

Lewis went from a clear edge on Rosberg the previous 2 seasons, but ever since the end of last season until now, Nico has outperformed Lewis. Also, Nico had most of the mechanical issues in this 2 seasons.
post #2183 of 2303
No, actually the only race I give Lewis the win is Malaysia. Take away Bahrain and give Rosberg Britain. Still 45 points which have zero to do with Hamilton's mindset or execution. He's just been unlucky. Rosberg may be closer, but he has not outperformed him over the course of the season.
post #2184 of 2303
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

No, actually the only race I give Lewis the win is Malaysia. Take away Bahrain and give Rosberg Britain. Still 45 points which have zero to do with Hamilton's mindset or execution. He's just been unlucky. Rosberg may be closer, but he has not outperformed him over the course of the season.

I didn't mean win all the races, but you're awarding points like it's a given. You can skew the math towards either party, but the numbers show Rosberg is about equal now and as you said, that brings him closer to Hamilton. Why he's closer remains a debate.
post #2185 of 2303
Come on. Without mechanical issues to affect his start or finish, he's top two in the Merc. There's just no evidence that he's slipping. Rosberg may have upped his game, but he's still not the equal of Hamilton, and he certainly can't race wheel-to-wheel as well. My tally doesn't even factor in Rosberg's driving him off the road in Spain.
post #2186 of 2303
Thread Starter 
Hulkenberg to Renault next season.

Don't understand why, for either party. I guess Nico is chasing salary? What does Renault get? He's being soundly beaten by his teammate and hasn't really ever shown a level commensurate with what Renault are going to pay him.

I'm reading Esteban Ocon is up for the other Renault seat... LOL, ya hire the guy that can't do basic math.

This doesn't look much like an off season for driver moves. Unfortunately Ferrari retain Kimi again, with that seat open it could have been interesting.
post #2187 of 2303
I can see why Hulkenberg would go to Renault. He gets to go to a works team instead of a customer team but like you said I don't see why Renault would want him. He isn't that good to be a #1 driver for a works team.

Kevin Magnussen deserves one more year in a decent Renault car.
post #2188 of 2303
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

I can see why Hulkenberg would go to Renault. He gets to go to a works team instead of a customer team but like you said I don't see why Renault would want him. He isn't that good to be a #1 driver for a works team.

Kevin Magnussen deserves one more year in a decent Renault car.

A works team that's totally noncompetitive? Did he learn nothing from Alonso? I'd take that Force India in a heartbeat over the Renault. He chased the salary, that's all.
post #2189 of 2303
He has no chance of getting in at the Mercedes, Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren, or Williams. Only the first two, maybe three, have a chance at providing a WDC-winning car. Why not take the money? And who knows? Maybe Renault will get their sums right for the 2017 regulation change.
post #2190 of 2303
I'm with Sugarbutch on this one...Rosberg is a strong team mate, no question...but if it wasn't for the misfortune, the championship would have been won by Hamilton (probably by an easy margin too). With the CONTINUOUS misfortune, Rosberg was able to finally fight equally for the championship.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion