or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion - Page 145

post #2161 of 2306
Lewis had the race. This year just isn't his year.
post #2162 of 2306
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

Lewis had the race. This year just isn't his year.

He's had mechanical issues, but he has simply not been that guy that you watch and say that there is no way his teammate can touch him.

Nico is in good form, had he got really lucky today... but Hamilton got pretty dam lucky in Brazil back in '07 (or 08?) to take his first crown. Massa could so easily be a WC and Lewis has 2.

Anyway, there will likely be more drama. Lewis won't capitulate. But my early season assessment remains: he's distracted.

BTW... that Rosberg penalty... come on. Do you really want to curate a sport where nobody ever takes a chance on a move??
post #2163 of 2306
The Vettel penalty was total BS. As Senna said once - if you don't go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver.
post #2164 of 2306
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

He's had mechanical issues, but he has simply not been that guy that you watch and say that there is no way his teammate can touch him.

Nico is in good form, had he got really lucky today... but Hamilton got pretty dam lucky in Brazil back in '07 (or 08?) to take his first crown. Massa could so easily be a WC and Lewis has 2.

Anyway, there will likely be more drama. Lewis won't capitulate. But my early season assessment remains: he's distracted.

BTW... that Rosberg penalty... come on. Do you really want to curate a sport where nobody ever takes a chance on a move??

There's always some luck involved to win a WDC. Lewis could also potentially have 4 titles if McLaren didn't implode his first year but shit happens. If Nico doesn't take the title this year with everything breaking his way, then he's never winning a title and will go down as the driver with the most GP wins to never win the title.

I agree that Rosberg penalty was BS.
post #2165 of 2306
Thread Starter 
Just read about Lewis moaning post race about his engines. Thumbs down. Second time this season he's done that.

The Vettel move just looked like racing. Although he probably left the car hang out to pinch Max's exit and that's what caused the collision. It's also called racecraft and shit happens. Draw lanes on the track FIA.
post #2166 of 2306
Too bad for Hamilton...he would have had a 5 point lead in the Championship, but ends up 23 behind. The championship is probably over, unless Hamilton wins all the remaining races.

Nico has been a great No.2 driver, and there is no question he is perfectly capable of beating Hamilton on occasion, but obviously the championship would have been won by Hamilton this year if the cars had equal reliability.
post #2167 of 2306
Hamilton needs to be in front of Rosberg in all the remaining races and win probably three of them. Far from over, but close...

Rosberg did the same thing at Malaysia that Vettel did at Spa. It was indisputably Vettel's fault then, and Rosberg's fault this time. He chopped in front of Max without realizing that Vettel was there, too. I thought Max made a legit move in Spa and Vettel the same here.

idfnl, are you suggesting that Hamilton is responsible for the engine failure because he changed modes?

I feel obliged to note that Hamilton got a great start and Rosberg most definitely did not. More evidence that the Mercedes clutch is more likely at the root of the issue than any driver failing...
post #2168 of 2306
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post


idfnl, are you suggesting that Hamilton is responsible for the engine failure because he changed modes?

Not at all. If anything, it was probably a team order.
post #2169 of 2306
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Not at all. If anything, it was probably a team order.

I was thinking the same thing, but why not give the fans a show? They're totally dominating and Daniel has no chance of catching them. I sorta wished this was closer to McLaren in 1988. They're being too German and not enough Italian or British imo.
post #2170 of 2306
Being too German has won them 2 constructor's and 2 drivers championships so far and it's just a matter of time before it's 3 and 3. I'm not sure if you really want your team to be more "Italian" if you really want to win since Ferrari is a joke right now making terrible strategy calls, poor development on the car during the campaign, and ridiculous pressure coming from the CEO.
post #2171 of 2306
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

Being too German has won them 2 constructor's and 2 drivers championships so far and it's just a matter of time before it's 3 and 3. I'm not sure if you really want your team to be more "Italian" if you really want to win since Ferrari is a joke right now making terrible strategy calls, poor development on the car during the campaign, and ridiculous pressure coming from the CEO.

No sympathy for Ferrari, they can fuck themselves.

I'd really like to see Macca return to form. Williams, F India, and even T Rosso have had a chance to step into the gap but haven't done it. We need more cars capable of winning races.
post #2172 of 2306
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramuman View Post

I was thinking the same thing, but why not give the fans a show? They're totally dominating and Daniel has no chance of catching them. I sorta wished this was closer to McLaren in 1988. They're being too German and not enough Italian or British imo.

I'm sure Ferrari isn't enjoying their past few "Italian" seasons
post #2173 of 2306
Another terrible start doomed Hamilton. Good drive to catch up and good battle between him and Max at the end.

I also didn't realize how much better the AMG power unit was over Ferrari until Lewis turned on the juice and completely blew away Sebastian. I thought Ferrari's PU would be better than that.
post #2174 of 2306
Thread Starter 
That bodged start was Hamilton's fault this time. Not the clutch. Lack of focus again? He's really a brooder when things don't go his way. In the room after the race, intentionally keeping his back turned to the camera, that's just weaksauce.

Max defended that position at the end very well. Lewis did a great job on the hairpain giving him a chance to pass at the last chicane but Max closed that door under braking.

What happened to Ricciardo?

Oh fuck me all this blue flag moaning is unlistenable. Please shut the fuck up, or stop broadcasting it. Just get rid of this bullshit and eliminate the blue flag. You can't expect other drivers to just abandon their battles to let someone thru.

It's starting to look game over on the WC.
post #2175 of 2306
I'm with Brundle when he says guys should have to legitimately pass back markers. No more blue flags. I think it would create a little more chaos up front.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion